• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2016 Evo 2015

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
I want to see Mang0 lose to Leffen. I know it'll never happen, but it would be the best way for Mang0 to lose just because of how hilariously above him he is (also cause Leffen's such a cocky jerk)

Last edited:

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
Oh I watched, believe me. But of the main melee players out there mang0 has done the best when the other smash gods were present. Let's not forget the two previous Evos. I definitely feel like he can do it, especially if the crowd works with him. I love mang0 but I do agree that if anyone takes his championship, it'll most likely be Leffen. And if he does, I'll remember I called it, and then cry salty, salty tears.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Oh I watched, believe me. But of the main melee players out there mang0 has done the best when the other smash gods were present. Let's not forget the two previous Evos. I definitely feel like he can do it, especially if the crowd works with him. I love mang0 but I do agree that if anyone takes his championship, it'll most likely be Leffen. And if he does, I'll remember I called it, and then cry salty, salty tears.
But all the other gods were at Apex.

m0ll0y

Smash Cadet
From the way it sounds this summer is good shot at being mangos last year of competing , I would love to see him pull the 3 Pete and go out with a bang

The Prince L

Smash Apprentice
EVO 2013 : 3rd
EVO 2014 : 2nd

HUNGRYBOX FOR FIRST PLACE AT EVO 2015

(I don't think it will ever happen)

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Any idea on when Smash 4 pools MIGHT start on Friday? Deciding on if I should get a room for Thursday night or try to get a very early Friday flight

Tally Shaw

Smash Rookie
REALLY WEIRD TOP 8 THAT WILL NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

1. Lucky (please let this happen)
2. Mang0
3. Armada
4. PPMD
5. Leffen
5. Hbox
7. Fly
7. aMSa

Again, never going to happen. However, my life would be complete if someone out of the top 5 would win a major with all the gods in attendance. Especially if Leffen wins a major on NTSC so there won't be any johns
I agree to the list you have put together

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
PPMD and Armada are both better than Leffen, even if Leffen can beat Mango and mango can beat the former 2.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Someone out of Armada, PPMD, Leffen or Mango will be the winner. M2K's focus on Sm4sh is hurting his Melee skills too much. Hbox would have to defeat some of the top 3 Foxes which i can't see happening.
I personally hope and believe Armada will win it.

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
Someone out of Armada, PPMD, Leffen or Mango will be the winner. M2K's focus on Sm4sh is hurting his Melee skills too much. Hbox would have to defeat some of the top 3 Foxes which i can't see happening.
I personally hope and believe Armada will win it.
M2K's melee skills might be hurt by sm4sh, but melee was where he started, that guy logged 1000s of hours into that game. For him, it's like riding a bike. Besides, we all know m2k. He will spend hours on end practicing for a big tourney like evo, getting used to melee. I think he has a shot if he stays focused on melee

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
My Top 8 are:

1. PPMD
2. Mango
3. Armada
4. Hbox
5. M2K
5. Lucky (pls)
7. Westballz
7. Axe

I want to see some:falconmelee:or:dkmelee: in top 8 this year. No joke.​

Last edited:

High5

Smash Rookie
I didnt mean to type this many words i just thought about it and all this came out...annnyways trying to pick top 8 is pretty bracket dependant so my opinions will change once i see the bracket but for now, here you go.

1. Mango
-provided he doesn't go Falcon, even though it'd be awesome, i think his pride will kick in and we'll see the GOAT. I think the asskickings he got at APEX and Sandstorm gave him some drive too.

2. Armada
-since the fox had that cool premier at paragon, i think, hes been damn near unstoppable. 2nd at Apex 1st at INY and Sandstorm despite all the craziness. Championship mentality always there too.

3. PPMD
-He hasn't had the best track record at EVO in the past, 5th in 2013 4th in 2014, but i just don't see him losing to leffen or really anybody besides Hbox maybe if they meet and of course the two smashers above him on this list. The falco marth combo has been awesome.

4. Hbox
-As much as i want to put Hbox lower because he has the potential to get worn down by all the foxes and big house 4 all over the place I can't deny that this guy shows up at EVO's. I wanna guess that it has something to do with school being out so he can smash full time but idk. Hopefully in his bracket he can avoid Mango for as long as possible cause his track record there is horrible.

5. Leffen
-I could see him getting 3rd but i cant see him beating Evo ManGOAT or armada, one reason is both of those smashers have years of experience on the big stage and can handle it, where leffen is newer to the big stage pressure, Example being I think he crumbled after losing to axe at SANDSTORM and played like slop in his next game and lost out. He also has trouble with marth so i think PP has the edge over him. I could even see leffen getting upset by PewPewU.

5. PewPewU
-This kids good and getting better fast, and he's been on a pretty nice run in tourney lately including beating hbox. idk call it a longshot if you want to but toy's my boy.

7. AXE
-Welllllll he just beat leffen and mango at sandstorm. He's really shown what he can do to foxes, cough cough silent wolf, and this year there's more foxes than ever. He's also got a damn good falco.

7. AMSA
-This man is crazy, like a third of the top 25 plays from apex involved him. Everybodies training up to handle those foxes, so he'll benefit from lack of matchup knowledge and destroy.

Honorable mentions

-M2K obviously needs to be touched on cause hes a freakin god. I know he has all the potential in the world to place top 3 and melee might be like riding a bike for this guy but i just have the feeling that all the smash 4 took up all his time and hes put nothing into melee

-Westballs played out of his mind at SANDSTORM and could easily make top 8, but he doesnt have the best record at huge tourneys like APEXs and EVOs

-Lucky if big house 4 lucky shows up he could make it no problem, i dont think he has a better chance than amsa/axe though

-Wobbles i mean hes done it before right? and now hes playing again. He could deffinately break out the wobbles and break top 8 but i feel like the fox matchup is just to brutal. Watch him play westballz fox and youll see.

-Fly the other climber whos also done it before but in a less spectacular fashion...i just dont really see it happening at all

S2J- ahh i hope he makes it so we can all enjoy the falcon hype...but its going to be a rough journey for our falcon hero if hes going to do it.

SaltySmasher

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darksea322
3DS FC
4742-6451-0540
This might be foolish of me but I'm really pulling for m2k to take this, if only because everyone seems to think he won't win.

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
All the love to Xiivi <3

TOP 8 LET'S GO

1. Mango
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Armada
5. M2K
5. PewPewU
7. HBox
7. aMSa

3-Peat while the National Anthem rings throughout the gigantic EVO championship room. Sounds dang fitting.
I'm thinking the top two will actually be HBox and Westballz

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
*scheming*

If Zero stops playing Sm4sh (and therefore Diddy), and M2K gets persuaded Sonic is actually his best char, then a huge chunk of the Diddy reign can finally be over. :D
Everyone will just trash diddy even more

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
All the love to Xiivi <3

TOP 8 LET'S GO

1. Mango
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Armada
5. M2K
5. PewPewU
7. HBox
7. aMSa

3-Peat while the National Anthem rings throughout the gigantic EVO championship room. Sounds dang fitting.
Mango for the win

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
I was just curious about how far ahead melee is over Smash 4. It doesn't seem well publicized for some reason...I can find Smash 4's numbers though. :(

Hope we see some :falconmelee: in top 8!
The only way that will happen is if Mango's Pride gets the better of him

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
I don't see Leffen placing above PPMD under any circumstances. Also I don't think mang0 will win.

Does anyone know what the entrant count is for Melee currently?
You're wrong on both counts but hey, you could just ignore me

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
REALLY WEIRD TOP 8 THAT WILL NEVER ACTUALLY HAPPEN.

1. Lucky (please let this happen)
2. Mang0
3. Armada
4. PPMD
5. Leffen
5. Hbox
7. Fly
7. aMSa

Again, never going to happen. However, my life would be complete if someone out of the top 5 would win a major with all the gods in attendance. Especially if Leffen wins a major on NTSC so there won't be any johns
Again, never going to happen

lordtoko

Smash Rookie
1. Armada
2. Leffen
3. PPMD
4. Mang0
5. M2k
5. Hbox
7. PewPewU or aMSa
7. Hax (If his hand gets better by then) Westballz if not

Personally I would WANT PP to win the most but PP wants Mang0 to not win more than him win himself so the devotion might not be there. Leffen however has all of the devotion but I'm not sure he's ready to win EVO if I see some first places this year I think he'll do it but he's always had problems with M2k and Armada's fox (for the small bit they've Fox dittos)
Why do you think Armada is going to win?

TheCandyman

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3866-8591-8094
Why do you think Armada is going to win?
Well Mango decided to go full time buster this year from what it looks like this year, and Armada's fox is looking beautiful and with his peach to deal with anything else I think he has the best chance. So I do think swedes is taking Evo this year. With more evidence though I would switch Westballz and M2K and have Hax not up there at all. So Armada, Leffen, PP, Mang0, Westballz, Hbox, Axe, M2K

Last edited:

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
What if s2j learns to edgeguard and takes Evo?

EDIT:
Well I guess we know he won't give an interview.

Last edited:

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
-M2K obviously needs to be touched on cause hes a freakin god. I know he has all the potential in the world to place top 3 and melee might be like riding a bike for this guy but i just have the feeling that all the smash 4 took up all his time and hes put nothing into melee
M2K's focus on Sm4sh is hurting his Melee skills too much.
M2K probably won't even win Sm4sh. Sad.

IrrationalX

Smash Rookie
NNID
IrrationalX
After APEX, I'm pulling for PPMD to take EVO as well. Just love that guy.

1) PPMD
2) Leffen
3) Armada
4) Mango
5) Hungrybox
5) Westballz
7) aMSa
7) Mew2King

Dolla Pills

Smash Ace
@ lordtoko lordtoko Did you really post ten times in a row? Please limit yourself to one post and if you have more to say later just edit it if no one else has posted since then.

Top Bottom