• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2015 Set To Shatter Records For Smash

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Smash fans will be excited to learn that Evo 2015 just keeps getting bigger and bigger. @MrWizard confirmed yesterday that both Melee and Wii U are seeing excellent turnout numbers. Earlier it had been confirmed that Melee had blasted past 1,000 entrants and now it is poised to surpass Apex 2015 as the largest Melee event of all time. Wii U is also looking towards having its largest event with Evo 2015 also confirmed to pass 1,000 entrants.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

More information and registration can be found at Shoryuken. Don't miss out on the Smash Bros. phenomenon of the summer being hosted July 17th through 19th in Las Vegas, NV. Come by Smashboards' own Evo Rally Point and connect with your fellow smashers!

Interested in going to Evo 2015? Talk about your plans to attend with Xiivi on Twitter!

NinfanNanz

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4425-2858-3538
Awesome! I am really glad to see Smash grow so quickly! Can't wait to watch these matches!

Kamikam70

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that people are finally giving Sm4sh a try. Too bad there isn't something as big as this in France, though... Please beat some Diddys with Robin or Lucina for me !

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
man, every year just keeps getting bigger, and with the option of customs on the table, Sm4sh U might see some new ideas. if only I could come to this in person, though, but Vegas would no doubt be expensive...

oh well, if only these good feelings would last, but any minute now... on this very thread... something wicked this way comes......

Browny

Smash Hater
Smash to take the top 2 spots in amount of entrants and smash 4 to overtake Street Fighter/Marvel/Tekken. If that happened, I would be so happy. The pure unfiltered salt from them would bury the entire venue.

BONG X

Smash Rookie
So much HYPE!!!!!! I cant wait to see all the epic fights that are about to happen and watch some more aMSa action. Wow it looks like smash its never gonna stop growing, thats a good thing of course !

ZomBiehn

Semi-Pro
NNID
ZomBiehnU
3DS FC
3153-5961-0908
Can't wait, CEO, EVO and even Smash Con! There all going to be awesome! The smash community is growing and expanding worldwide, lets get more of our smashers sponsored! Lets show em smash is the MAIN EVENT at these Tournaments, see u all there

Diabolical PIe

Smash Apprentice
Smash to take the top 2 spots in amount of entrants and smash 4 to overtake Street Fighter/Marvel/Tekken. If that happened, I would be so happy. The pure unfiltered salt from them would bury the entire venue.
R.I.P. Tekken, my first love; the Smash train is coming through. *sheds tear*

I'm crazy hyped for this, though! Can't wait to see what crazy developments to the metagame we see unfold this year!

Prez08

Smash Apprentice
/r/kappa will have a field day lmao ahhh it'll be great.

Keman

Smash Apprentice
overtake Street Fighter.
Would be nice to see Melee overtake Street Fighter, but since SF had like 600+ more entrants than Melee last year, I doubt that would happen (sadly).

Though hopefully Melee can reach the number SF had last year at 1500+

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Can't wait for Doctor Mario and Donkey Kong to be exposed with customs. Pools are gonna be so funny.:4drmario::4dk:

CH4F

Smash Cadet
I'm glad that people are finally giving Sm4sh a try. Too bad there isn't something as big as this in France, though... Please beat some Diddys with Robin or Lucina for me !
Ni en France, ni en Europe. On a besoin d'un touroi à l'échelle de l'EVO chez nous. Et pas que pour Smash
Neither in France or in Europe. We need an EVO-scaled tournament in EU. And not just for Smash.

Last edited:

HiroProtagonist

Smash Apprentice
Really feel like Smash 4 is going to go over terribly with the FGC crowd and stream monsters. Though I love the scale of the event and the scene's growth I'm worried this might not go too well.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
Really feel like Smash 4 is going to go over terribly with the FGC crowd and stream monsters. Though I love the scale of the event and the scene's growth I'm worried this might not go too well.
Customs will make Smash 4 pools the best pools for a smash game ever.

Last edited:

Ac2k

Smash Rookie
Be the change you wish to see in the world. There's no reason why France can't have a tournament scene as large as EVO. France has a population of around 65 million people (over 20 times the population of the U.S. state of Nevada, where EVO is taking place) in an area only twice the size. The entire European Union has over 500 million people in an area half the size of the United States. You've got the numbers to build a large Smash community. If you want a vibrant community, you can be the one to start it. Try hosting a few local tournaments at first with some friends, and once you become more experienced and the community grows larger in your area, host bigger and bigger tournaments, and eventually, you'll have a very large, thriving Smash scene in France and the rest of the EU, with major tournaments attracting players from all over France, the rest of Europe, North America, Japan, and the rest of the world.

Gidy

Smash Lord
NNID
I-Gidy-I
3DS FC
0834-3126-6726
God forbid two lower tier characters get a move or two that helps them smh
A move that kills at 50 and a move that covers airdodges, landings, can be auto canceled, and has armor :troll:

DarkBlueSpark

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-2076-2551
Amazing how both games broke 1000 entrants. Gonna be amazing to watch this year, Smash 4 will especially be interesting with customs on. Hope to see supposed "low tier" characters like Lucina and Kirby represented.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
I actually think more people will be paying attention to to sm4sh this time than melee because of customs. Evo and smash con are truly going to be epic.

DaRkJaWs

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sharifi_shuffle
And registration still has a long way to go right? When is the last day ppl can register?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
What actual numbers are being reported right now? How many people are registered for melee right now and when does registration end?

Last edited:

Ting Sing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CADANAMAN
Last year we got to around 970 within the final days of registration. This year, we breached 1000 within weeks. Wonder what next year will be like... NO VENUE WILL BE ABLE TO CONTAIN SMASH

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
After the controversy with Strife, I'm glad this is bigger for his sake.

...But I'm even more glad that both games broke 1,000 and the CUSTOMS ON dream is real. So very, very excited.

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143

The Street Fighter 4 crowd seems to be ambivalent towards it if nothing else. Out of all the usual tournament fighting games they have a stronger appreciation for methodical gameplay. Its not much, but its something.

Phoenix502

Smash Ace
NNID
Phoenix502
3DS FC
4811-6967-8095
The Street Fighter 4 crowd seems to be ambivalent towards it if nothing else. Out of all the usual tournament fighting games they have a stronger appreciation for methodical gameplay. Its not much, but its something.
"stronger appreciation for methodical gameplay"? out of curiosity, what does that mean between SF and Smash?

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
What competitive game doesn't have a strong appreciation for methodical gameplay?

Top Bottom