• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2015 Lineup Announced: Smash 4 Wii U and Melee Together Confirmed!

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
My pitchfork is lowered. Let's try to have a #OneUnit community for EVO this year, guys!
I'd love that to be a thing, but there is just to much immaturity on these boards. You already when people jumped the gun about Melee being nixed, there are some people who refuse to give two hoots about anything besides that singular game. So I fully expect the flame wars to continue in stream chats from elitists on eithereither side of Melee or Sm4sh. There is no cohesion, this community is broken on a basic level.

Anyway, I woulda watched Evo if either was present without the other, because I can appreciate the differences in the games. Its like asking me to choose between the flair and chaos of MvC3 or deliberate carefulness of SF4, why not both I say.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
I'd love that to be a thing, but there is just to much immaturity on these boards. You already when people jumped the gun about Melee being nixed, there are some people who refuse to give two hoots about anything besides that singular game. So I fully expect the flame wars to continue in stream chats from elitists on eithereither side of Melee or Sm4sh. There is no cohesion, this community is broken on a basic level.

Anyway, I woulda watched Evo if either was present without the other, because I can appreciate the differences in the games. Its like asking me to choose between the flair and chaos of MvC3 or deliberate carefulness of SF4, why not both I say.
Oh, look. My first post in some time. You. I like you for this. Why can't we, AS A COMMUNITY, just get along, despite differing preferences?

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
WHERE IS BRAWL??!!? THIS IS AN OUTRAGE

Said no one ever. Sadly.

also on a related note, **** metaknight.

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
After 2014 I think this EVO is gonna be the best.

Waluigi is too big

Smash Journeyman
NNID
waluigi44
Kinda funny how a series that is "Not a real fighting game" has 2 games at evo.

I can already taste the salt.

Beanpaul

Smash Rookie
nintendo probably helped smash4 get in this year. They did sponsor EVO back in 2014.

Last edited:

Jmcpappy

Smash Cadet
nintendo probably helped smash4 get in this year. They did sponsor EVO back in 2014.
"Sponser" lol they just complained about EVO streaming it but got huge backlash for it. The only reason Nintendo sponsered the even was so it looked like they still had some control imo.

"Sponser" lol they just complained about EVO streaming it but got huge backlash for it. The only reason Nintendo sponsered the even was so it looked like they still had some control imo.
I thought Nintendo's lawyers were the only ones at fault. Nintendo's higher-ups allowed streaming to continue when the problem was analysed.

Coffeemug

Smash Journeyman
Glad to see melee's back so I can justify my trip to vegas.

It may have been addressed here or in the stream but does anyone have any idea how they're handling the main stage. Like are the first five games the ones that actually have finals on sunday or do they do it purely by entrance numbers?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm a lot more interested in Guilty Gear then both Smash games.

To put it in prospective, there's a reason why the Smash community is treated like a joke.

QWA

Smash Apprentice
We're never going to get anywhere with that defeatist attitude. You're probably right, though. This community will probably remain fragmented forever. I cannot respect how you've given up, however. You should be the change you want to see instead of grumbling that it cannot be done. It's impossible to get anywhere if we don't try. While this may be a fools' dream, we won't know unless we actually try.

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
To be fair, quite a few techs for Smash 4 have been found. The sad thing is, barely anybody uses them, so they never get mainstream attention like all of Melee's techs do.
They have found almost nothing new, they are just Rediscovering what has already been found, and calling it new

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
It might give the other Fighting game players a ****ty impression when they want to see the newest game, and see like 3 different characters, with floaty physics.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
2 SMASH GAMES AT EVO?! i think it might be time for me to go to EVO this year. Who doesn't love vegas

jr22

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking forward for Smash Wii U, Melee, MKX and Street fighter. Now this would be interesting. :pimp:

IvyDivyHorkyDorky

Smash Rookie
They're both really great games, IMO. However, one of them clearly has much less tech skills required.
Is there a reason why they aren't appreciated on their own tech merits? Does Melee have footstooling, groundbouncing, or moves that trip? Besides didn't it take a long time to figure all those out in Melee, and couldn't there be more found in Smash 4 in the future? Sorry about all of these questions, they've been bugging me... I'm just glad they are both in there!

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
We're never going to get anywhere with that defeatist attitude. You're probably right, though. This community will probably remain fragmented forever. I cannot respect how you've given up, however. You should be the change you want to see instead of grumbling that it cannot be done. It's impossible to get anywhere if we don't try. While this may be a fools' dream, we won't know unless we actually try.
I'm not a defeatest, I very much lead by example in that I dont partake in divisional idiocy. That doesn't mean I can't comment on said idiocy.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You kidding?

Let's have Evo run Mii fighters with any darn move they want, REALLY fight for what is right for them!
Yeah as if they'd ever actually let that happen, as much as I'd want it to. I'm doing what will give Mii fighters the best chance to somewhat use their other specials. Going for the all of them approach will hurt our chances.

TurboNoob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
D-Unknown Enigma
In the end, I won't be able to go. I'd probably get destroyed anyways.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Sigh people here these days. Smashboards is nothing but people complaining about everything but melee. Geez get over it.

Be glad smash is back in in some entity. Besides melee at EVO 2014 was only there because people kept asking for it to stay. It had no incentive like 2013. The reasons the other games are there is because they are the latest in the franchise and those communities know how to move on. Unlike this one.

Plus people don't read a full article and only read the list. It says "We will continue to add the games onto this list as they are announced."

Happy now? Melee is in.
I just wanna point out right quick that Melee was at EVO 2014 because it was the second most viewed tournament in all of EVO 2013. EVO chooses both the stage games and the final 3 games based on how many views they had (except for Street Fighter because Street Fighter will always be the main event), and whether or not the game is new.

Melee was second most viewed at EVO 2014 as well, but Smash 4 probably would have gotten in regardless because it's a new game, which is why Brawl was the last Smash game in EVO before 2013.

Melee is most likely in there with Smash 4 because of how popular it was last year, not because people cried for it. EVO wants to see what kind of crowd Smash 4 can bring.

Top Bottom