• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evil Exists In Everything. Evil Mani Mani Statue (Can Also Be For Ness' Nightmare) Support Thread

Dolph63

Smash Cadet
ATTENTION: I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANYONE'S DISAPPOINTMENT IN CASE THIS CHARACTER DOESN'T GET INTO SMASH AND THEY FOR SOME REASON BELIEVE THAT THE MANI MANI STATUE HAS A CHANCE AT BEING IN SMASH. WHILE I'D LOVE FOR IT TO BE IN SMASH, MANY CHARACTERS ARE MUCH MORE LIKELY TO BE IN.

I love the Mother/Earthbound series. So, naturally, I'd like to see it repped in Smash.
There are the popular picks of Porky, Ninten and Giegue, but I like to be the edgy different kid and go for weirder picks that do not have the slightest shot at making it into the game.
And what's the weird pick I'm talking about?

It's not a hard question if you read the title.

The Evil Mani Mani
You might be wondering "How the Frank Fly would a statue fight in Smash?!". Well this thread was made to talk about just that!

Weight: Pretty heavy.
Height: I'd say it's around Ryu and Ken's height.
Crawling: Can't.
Wall jump: Can't.
Speed: Slightly below medium speed. Also, about how it moves, it kind of just slides.
Jumps: Around Villager's jump height. No additional jumps.

Entrance animation: It wouldn't have one. It would just be there, sort of like how you never see it go anywhere in the game, it's just... there...
Idle animations: None.
Taunt 1: Some sparkles surround it as the "remember this" sound from Earthbound plays.
Taunt 2: Some sort of dark red energy goes around the statue, starting from the bottom and making its way to the top. After that, the energy takes the on a shape that resembles Giygas.
Taunt 3: It turns to the screen for a few seconds. Odd.

Jab: A jolt appears in front of the statue, followed by another jolt that connects into a lot of quick jolts. Basically, two hits and then a multi-hit jab.
Dash attack: It falls over while running, making a cartoony slipping noise. It's similar to Dedede's dash attack, having start lag but hitting pretty hard.
Forward tilt: The statue looks like it's falling, hitting opponents with its head. It doesn't actually fall and quickly goes back to its normal "stance". It has some knockback, but nothing too impressive.
Up tilt: Again with the jolts, the statue generates some electricity in its horns. It sends foes upwards and is meant to juggle and start combos... I think... I don't really know the terms well...
Down tilt: Also gotta say the crouch. It quickly lies down, facing upwards. For the down tilt, it spins around. It sends foes away in a low angle, similar to Steve's down smash, but without the as much strenght or knockback, but without the lag either.

Neutral air: The statue spins around.
Forward air: Forward tilt but in the air.
Back air: Basically forward air but it hits behind the statue. I think you get how it would happen.
Up air: It does a 360º vertical spin, hitting foes with the bottom of the statue. Sends foes upwards.
Down air: The statue will spin in a 180º degree, serving as both a tell and start-up lag, and drop down. This attack is very strong and can spike with the statue's horns, but once you start the attack, there are only two things that can stop it: the ground or death. If you spike an opponent, keep in mind that, due to hlow fast the statue falls, you will die before your foe.

Forward smash: A New Age Retro Hippie appears in front of the statue. He has his ruler in hand and, once done charging, will hit foes with it, sending them forwards. It deals good amounts of damage and is pretty good for sending foes flying, but it has some start-up and end lag.
Up smash: A Zombie Possessor (aka a ghost) appears. After charging, it'll do some sort of uppercut that sends foes upwards. Same as the previous one, good damage and knockback, but laggy.
Down smash: Two Runaway Dogs will appear from both sides of the statue. They'll charge up and then slam into the ground infront of them (the sides of the statue). Foes hit by the dogs will be sent flying at a low angle. Both dogs will attack at the same time, meaning the attack can hit two foes on one side each. Same as the previous two, good damage and knockback, but laggy.

Grab: A Coil Snake appears and wraps itself around the foe.
Pummel: The snake bites the enemy.
Forward throw: The snake grabs the foe with its mouth and throws them behind itself, which is forwards from the statue's prespective.
Back throw: The snake will grab the foe with its mouth and throw them on top of the statue. Mani Mani will spin around and then suddenly tilt and throw the foe backwards, compared to the direction the statue was originally facing.
Donw throw: Mani Mani will drop on top of the foe (and the snake), burying the foe (and deleting the snake ig).

Neutral special: Had to borrow from Ness' Nightmare. Mani Mani charges up PK Rockin, Ness' signature PSI move that he doesn't have in Smash. While charging, there are colorful energy thingies around Mani Mani, causing small flinching damage to foes who touch it. After letting go of the B button, PK Rockin will happen, bursting around, above and below (if in the air) the statue. The more the player keeps holding the button, the stronger the attack will be. This attack isn't like Samus' charge shot, meaning that you can't charge, stop charging and then continue charging. To use it full power, you must charge all the way without interruption.
Side special: You know Zelda's side specias? And do you know Mewtwo's down special? What if we mixed them and called it PSI Brainstorm? Basically, a ball of PSI, similar to the one seen in Ness's attacks, can be used like Zelda's, but is way more noticeable. After letting go of the button, the circle will burdt. If it hits a foe, it'll make them dizzy. If the foe is airborne, they'll be slightly pushed away. Also, I know neither Mani Mani or Nightmare use Brainshock, but go to Lucas' moveset and tell me which of those moves he can actually use in Mother 3.
Up special: A pair of Spiteful Crows will appear and grab the statue by the horns, flying upward with it. Good vertical distance but bad horizontal speed. Can be cancelled by doing an aerial attack, or just using it for enough time. Mani Mani will go into a helpless state after that.
Down special: A reflector/counter thing, let's prtend it's PSI Shield.

Final Smash: Two Ghosts of Starman will appear, one from each side of Evil Mani Mani, hitting foes with their arrival. The poor unlucky soul gets hit by them will be taken to cutscene land. The statue and the foe will be taken to the Devil's Machine. Porky is there and turns off the machine. Giygas is unleashed and chaos ensues, damaging the opponent. Evil Mani Mani is just floating around, vibing. If the foe is over 100% of damage, it's an automatic KO.

Victory theme: It could either be the same as Ness and Lucas or the opening of Battle Against An Otherworldly Foe.
Victory animation 1: Lightning strikes the area, and on the last bolt, Evil Mani Mani appears.
Victory animation 2: The statue is just there while the background flashes, alternating between the normal and Giygas.
Victory animation 3: The camera zooms in on Evil Mani Mani's face, as we see alien ships, fire and whrecked buildings in its reflection.

That was a whole lot of work for a moveset for a character that will never make it in. Well, if you have any ideas or just feel like being a supporter, just say so!

Doc Monocle

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hahahaha i stay with Porky Thanks

But Fun fact do you think the Battle Sprites for the Mani Mani Devil and Ness´s Demon Where Swapped?

Dolph63

Smash Cadet
Hahahaha i stay with Porky Thanks

But Fun fact do you think the Battle Sprites for the Mani Mani Devil and Ness´s Demon Where Swapped?
Well, can't blame you for that. Porky doesn't have a whole lot of chances and still has a lot more than Mani Mani.

And yeah, I did know the sprite thing.

Doc Monocle

Smash Ace
I do not know if an inanimate object fits the Smash Bros. framework, and many might find the absence of a personality to be a deterrent, but I find it interesting myself, speaking as one who supports a very unpopular pick. Anyway, I support for the unique suggestion. Let me check the Newcomer Support Thread Directory so that it may be added if it has not been already.

Dolph63

Smash Cadet
I do not know if an inanimate object fits the Smash Bros. framework, and many might find the absence of a personality to be a deterrent, but I find it interesting myself, speaking as one who supports a very unpopular pick. Anyway, I support for the unique suggestion. Let me check the Newcomer Support Thread Directory so that it may be added if it has not been already.
Happy to see a supporter!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Here is a "maybe Rule"

A Character needs to be sympathetic in some Way

I mean we never had any Completly Unsetteling Characters in Smash even Ridley and Plant got a certain Coolness added this is dificult to achieve with a Statue maybe the funny Enemys Would balance that out

But i do tzhink that you could add Nesses Demon (i think thats the Japanese Name right?) to Magicant

Dolph63

Smash Cadet
Here is a "maybe Rule"

A Character needs to be sympathetic in some Way

I mean we never had any Completly Unsetteling Characters in Smash even Ridley and Plant got a certain Coolness added this is dificult to achieve with a Statue maybe the funny Enemys Would balance that out

But i do tzhink that you could add Nesses Demon (i think thats the Japanese Name right?) to Magicant
I find the concept of playing as a statue to be funny. Maybe make some attacks whackier can balance out whatever makes Mani Man so unsesttling(?). I forgot the dash attack, so I can just make it fall down in a funny way.

Also, adding Demon Nightmare Pal (you got the japanese name right btw) to Magicant could work, but, unless you want to make a whole new Magicant stage, I don't think we'd get that any time soon.

Top Bottom