• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everything disabled

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Here's an idea I had and decided to post it before I forgot.

With the new character icons in Brawl next to the percentages, how about a mode where absolutely nothing is at the bottom of the screen, and you have no idea what percent your character is at? This would make for harder battles, a lot of guessing and a clear and open view of everything.

I just think it would be nice.

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
there could be a mode where ur just playing and looking at a blank screen that would make things really hard...... oh ya u can already do that by turning off your tv

But seroisly people have played smash enough to where they could tell around what percentage people are just by how far they fly and stuff

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
That's not the point... with just the battle on hand and nothing to obscure the view, you have your characters and your arena, that's it. I think it would one, make for a pretty, cinematic and confusing battle as no score is displayed, no percentage is displayed, and if you're playing a large stock match, have no idea how many lives you have left.

It's just a thought, and not like it had to be a separate mode. Score display and percentage display could be simply, disabled.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
This would be a rather interesting condition to play under. It'd be cool if you could adjust the opacity of the HUD all the way down to being completely invisible. That'd be rather awesome...could make for some cinematic matches.

Jammer

Smash Lord
that would definitely be a tourney mode, just like how radar is off in halo 3 for MLG
I doubt that, but it would still be fun to play once in a while. It would make pummeling people you've grabbed harder (I always hit them as many times as possible before throwing; with this mode I'd have to guess how many times I could hit them before they broke the grab).

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I like doing that in melee, using the debug mode. it really puts you into more of a just "knock em off" sort of mode compared to fearing what damage you have...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Just take a piece of duct tape and put it over the bottom portion of the screen so you can't see the percentages.

Oh duct tape, what can't you do.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
That would be incredibly fun.. My friends gang up eachother if they have too many lives, or play like cowards if they have too little.

With "blind mode" you would have to play equal the entire time.. really fun imo.

Jammer

Smash Lord
I'm wondering...

We're talking about what would happen if we took away visual cues, like the damage percentage.

But what would happen if we took away all the audio cues (the sound effects). You can do that in Melee in the settings. I wonder if that would make Captain Falcon top tier because you couldn't hear him announcing all his moves.

Platypus

Smash Ace
Astride a magic potato alongside Mario. ________ S
Naw, I've tried fighting CPU Falcons and, while they gain a slight edge, they aren't much better.
About the HUD: When you look at your damage, you have to think about what that much damage will do by remembering what's happened before. Just seeing the number tells you nothing. If Yoshi has 63%, he won't even flinch from a Fire Flower, but Jiggs can easily be killed by Fox's flip kick at that damage.

Hiding lives would be cool, though.[/gangups]

Talendime

Smash Ace
No Jammer I wouldn't say he's technically better (well, they're all better when they are metal but he's not like an exception or anything), they just don't talk when they're metal, meaning he wouldn't be announcing his moves, like you suggested.

Top Bottom