• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone should play League of Legends

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I actually just played as a ****** Udyr.

my end build was:
  • Nashor's Tooth
  • Rod of Ages
  • Trinity Force
  • Aegis of the Legon
  • Atma's Impaler
  • Phantom Dancer
I started out with madred's razors and ninja tabi for jungling but sold them for my last 2 items.

Anyhow, I'm SURE that's not an ideal build for him, but I was throwing stuff together to see what was working.

He can jungle fairly well as long as you start turtle and then level turtle and pheonix. Get bear once you are ready to help teammates.

After coming out with golem buff and nashor's tooth, you an keep switching between turtle and pheonix for extreme mitigation and great damage. Use bear to initiate and to stop people from escaping.

Get tiger stance because you have to eventually and use it pretty much only to more quickly DPS things down by alternating between it and pheonix when you do't need the healing from turtle.

It's an all over the place build, but as a melee, he needs damage mitigation and, as a non caster, at least some physical damage is a must.

Now as for the explanation of the other items: AP and attack speed. Pheonix and Turtle both scale with AP. Not particularly well, mind you, but they are UBER spammable, which makes that nice. Attack speed causes pheonix's passive to proc more often.

Then spam turtle and bear to get away when you are in trouble

End result: A chewy hero with great DPS ability.

Essentially you are going to be spamming between 2 abilities to make sure you are ALWAYS under the influence of monkey's agility x2, one passive and 1 active (though, with CD redux, the actives can overlap for a brief time). At late levels, the mana cost barel even matters.

examples:

• initiation - Bear + any other stance as long as you stun when you get there. Bear spamming gets you there faster anyhow
  • team fghts - turtle + pheonix Turtle spam makes you VERY chewy and pheonix spam deals nice damge including splash damage by passive and aura damage on active. (throw in bear stuns ad lib)
  • run away - bear+turtle you'll run faster and mitigate damage
  • Tower maiming and ganks - Tiger and Pheonix (bear to initiate or hold during ganks)even though it's going to be a lower level in all probablility, tiger will help pheonix DPS something down quicker han any other stance

Biggest Problem: CC and focus fire

without being able to spam cast, he can't keep his damage output from pheonix or his damage mitigation from turtle up. Also, he loses his monkey's agility stacks (It only stacks, like 2 times, but it sucks to lose that attack speed and dodge).
OR

Master Yi

450 gold lifesteal scepter
Exhaust

You've just surpassed your Udyr in eeeevery way.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Thats quite possibly the worst build I've seen in quite some time. You were obviously so heavily fed that you could just buy whatever you wanted.

Also, I found out that the difference between the passive of Sheen and the passive of Trinity Force is ridiculously minimal after crunching the numbers for his Tiger strike. The biggest difference in damage dealt from Trinity and Sheen is actually from the laughable +20 damage that Trinity gives. Just get Sheen and a Brutalizer and you do roughly more damage. Like I said before, Trinity Force is a waste of money.

Notra

Smash Ace
anyone know why they decided to make sivir more broken. She used to be my main and i recently picked her back up, ive won 8/10 games. the 2 lossed from having the worst team mates ever vs premades.

anyway, sivir's spell block used to be ppl w/ strong magic nukes, so it'd force her to not push so hard. but now that the spell shield gives mana when used right, there is no penalty for using it. Out of the 8 games i won, all were below 30 min, 7 below 25, 5 below 20, and 1 below 15(laned vs a terrible teemo, all 3 towers down in 11 min.)

With rally and promote buffed w/ attack masteries, and the right build. Shes extremely broken. Id say her only lane counters r Mundo(very spammable cleaver, and katarina. coincidently the 2 chars who dont use mana)

Build:

Start:
-mana regen
-health potion
-mana potion

After first return:
-(1st)Chalice of Harmony
-(2nd)Berserker Boots
-(3rd)Emblem of Valour or Recurve Bow

Build if games is Still continues:
-(1st)Chalice of Harmony
-(2nd)Berserker's boots
-(3rd)Stark's Fervor
-(4th)Sword of the Divine
-(5th)Last Whisper
-(6th)Madred's Blood Razor or Banshee's Veil

Summoner Spells:
-Rally
-Promote

Order of lvling spells depends on who you lane against, so i wont comment there.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
sivir is about the same now, she just has pushing ability. She used to suuuuuuck.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Lol is trash, i dont see why anyone would play it instead of DotA, its like playing DotA pubs, but worse cause you cant win all by yourselves :/
Granted, if we could get a crew we could pubstomp the **** out of everything, which would be really enjoyable.

I still do play it once in awhile, my name on LoL is Doomblaze[/QUOTED]

Sorry your bad at lol arjan.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Sivir was always great, especially in coordinated teams; she was possibly the best aura-bot in the game and activating her ult in a team fight basically meant your team was going to win. In a random pub though, yeah she sucked.

Something that hasn't been discussed enough here methinks: tiers!

So...the tier list as I see it:

"These heroes will win" tier
Corki, Anivia, Ashe, Malphite, Twisted Fate, Amumu

"These heroes will help the top tiers win" tier
Gangplank, Tryndamere, Kassadin, Blitzcrank, Soraka, Teemo, Sivir

"These heroes will probably contribute something useful" tier
Jax, Alistar, Taric, Twitch, Fiddlesticks, Veigar, Annie, Kayle, Singed, Cho'Gath, Nasus, Rammus, Morgana

"These heroes might contribute something useful" tier
Sion, Zilean, Karthus, Yi, Nunu, Katarina

"Get the **** off my team" tier
Mundo, Warwick, Ryze, Tristana, Evelynn

"Quit life" tier
Udyr, Heimerdinger, Janna

Something like that, anyway.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Sivir was always great, especially in coordinated teams; she was possibly the best aura-bot in the game and activating her ult in a team fight basically meant your team was going to win. In a random pub though, yeah she sucked.

Jax, Alistar, Taric, Twitch, Fiddlesticks, Veigar, Annie, Kayle, Singed, Cho'Gath, Nasus, Rammus, Morgana

"Quit life" tier

this is wrong.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero

"Quit life" tier

Decent tier list. I don't agree with every placement, but as a whole it isn't bad. 'Cept your bottom tier sucks. It should be:

"Quit life" tier
Heimerdinger, Janna

"Quit at champion select if you see him" tier
Udyr

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
so last game i played wit hwtp we had a teemo who wouldnt let me play teemo, he fed and did nothing.... pissed me off.

i've been playing twitch, teemo, tristana, and singed ****** face with all of them ofcourse.

panda i want to edit your addtional tiers

leave if you seem him in champion select should be

hiemer
udyr

liljp112

Smash Cadet

"Drop a brick every time you see him in character select"
Cho' Gath

Jax, Alistar, Taric, Twitch, Fiddlesticks, Veigar, Annie, Kayle, Singed, Nasus, Rammus, Morgana

"Quit life" tier

fixed that one hero

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
This game is pissing me off. Udyr destroyed my ELO, so now I'm constantly being paired with absolute trash. I keep carrying the team ever single time. I force the entire opposite team to buy Banshees and focus fire me in team fights. But I still can't make up for having ******* as teammates.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I've given up on solo queuing altogether; I pretty much only play when we have 5 now. The matchmaking algorithm was changed to find matches faster, but that also means it's more likely to pair up hideously outmatched players.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This game is pissing me off. Udyr destroyed my ELO, so now I'm constantly being paired with absolute trash. I keep carrying the team ever single time. I force the entire opposite team to buy Banshees and focus fire me in team fights. But I still can't make up for having ******* as teammates.
Your ELO isn't even an issue. I go through spouts where I try random characters and lose a lot in solo que but used to build it back up pretty fast.... but now I'm always teamed with baddies or teamed against htem. :\

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
same i always get an udyr and trash on my team and we lose because of it. im always on the baddie team. last game i played i was the only one on our team that was lvl 18 50 mins in.......... its hard ot fight 5 lvl 18's by yourself

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I feel like boasting...

I spent the entire first 20 minutes or so of the game ganking Roku because I knew he was the real threat lol. He was 0-4 before he got a kill, but our Cho was really bad and kept feeding him later =X

Plus we almost lost several times because our Cho wouldn't go up front and tank during a push which let them come to me and kill me for free.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I see a Warwick that is 17/9/10 and a Cho that has 3 RoAs, winning against players that are in the upper echelon of the top 500 ELO.

That should not have happened. And my faith in the game has taken a hit.

Airborne

Smash Lord
I see a Warwick that is 17/9/10 and a Cho that has 3 RoAs, winning against players that are in the upper echelon of the top 500 ELO.

That should not have happened. And my faith in the game has taken a hit.
this is why i play DotA more than the other 2 lately... all the heroes are balanced (except storm), and the average skill level per player is a lot higher.

edit: a lot more balanced, not completely balanced XD

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Our team was also all top 500 except for myself; which makes no sense because I play with Rakarth duo queue 90% of games and he is 193rd, and I'm somehow not top 500.

Here's another screenshot; see if you can figure out what's awesome about it:

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Our team was also all top 500 except for myself; which makes no sense because I play with Rakarth duo queue 90% of games and he is 193rd, and I'm somehow not top 500.

Here's another screenshot; see if you can figure out what's awesome about it:

Twisted fate? Honestly? You were talking trash about heimer and you play twisted fate? Literelly the ganondorf of this game? Who cant do anything all game? maybe your not in top 500 cuz your bad.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Twisted fate? Honestly? You were talking trash about heimer and you play twisted fate? Literelly the ganondorf of this game? Who cant do anything all game? maybe your not in top 500 cuz your bad.
Ok I was wondering before, but now I'm sure; you are clueless. TF is the single best hero in the game; just look at the top players, 4 of the top 8 (including the #1) play TF exclusively.

I don't even like playing TF, I just play him because every team that expects to win needs him. The only hero who could be considered as important right now is Sivir, and only because her ult is too powerful right now (and is getting nerfed). I'm a Kassadin player at heart, but recent item nerfs made Kassadin really weak as a champion.

Anyway, no one has pointed out the cool part of that screenshot yet.

Also when did I ever talk trash about Heimer? I talked trash about bad players who don't know how to use him / benefit from him being on their team properly. Rakarth has an amazing Heimer; I know what Heimer can do and in fact I've always been one of the people thinking he is underrated (though still subpar).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
There are several unusual things I could point out about that picture. But I'll settle with wtf nexus at level 9.

Also, TF is way too good. Devs have admitted it, and have said that he'll be getting a reworking. Its not fun playing against TF at all, and some of his abilities border on absurd. I can't imagine how ANYBODY can think TF is bad.

Also, LOL at the changes to Udyr. Not only will they be finally balancing Udyr next week when he's off the rotation (so nobody will actually buy him), but they aren't changing Tiger stance at all. His worst stance as agreed unanimously by everyone and they instead buff his best one (Bear). So he'll still be useless in team fights.

moyshe

Lazer Fox
NNID
moyshe
3DS FC
4442-1379-8655
Ok I was wondering before, but now I'm sure; you are clueless. TF is the single best hero in the game; just look at the top players, 4 of the top 8 (including the #1) play TF exclusively.

I don't even like playing TF, I just play him because every team that expects to win needs him. The only hero who could be considered as important right now is Sivir, and only because her ult is too powerful right now (and is getting nerfed). I'm a Kassadin player at heart, but recent item nerfs made Kassadin really weak as a champion.

Anyway, no one has pointed out the cool part of that screenshot yet.

Also when did I ever talk trash about Heimer? I talked trash about bad players who don't know how to use him / benefit from him being on their team properly. Rakarth has an amazing Heimer; I know what Heimer can do and in fact I've always been one of the people thinking he is underrated (though still subpar).
Tf is terrible.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
There are several unusual things I could point out about that picture. But I'll settle with wtf nexus at level 9.
I was going for the 18 minute Nexus, but close enough. =)

I guess a legendary Eve is pretty unusual...and the fact that it's Russell :laugh:

thesoviet you should go make your case for TF being 'terrible' on the LoL forums and see how long you can defend your argument for :laugh:.

Notra

Smash Ace
I was going for the 18 minute Nexus, but close enough. =)

I guess a legendary Eve is pretty unusual...and the fact that it's Russell :laugh:

thesoviet you should go make your case for TF being 'terrible' on the LoL forums and see how long you can defend your argument for :laugh:.
holychaos and i have done a 15 min(14:39) game. i pushed all 3 towers mid in 11 min as sivir.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Nah, Sivir is just broken. Rakarth gets Aegis by the 8 minute mark every game with Sivir; melee creeps take 5 tower hits to die and caster creeps take 4 tower hits when near an Aegis plus they are affected by her ult; it's pretty ridiculous

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Nah, Sivir is just broken. Rakarth gets Aegis by the 8 minute mark every game with Sivir; melee creeps take 5 tower hits to die and caster creeps take 4 tower hits when near an Aegis plus they are affected by her ult; it's pretty ridiculous
Aegis only affects champions, not minions. Unless the text written on the item itself is incorrect.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Must be incorrect then, because I've seen a caster creep tank 3 tower hits around 10 minutes into the game when even an outer tower should easily 2-shot them. I've seen this about a dozen times actually.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Decent tier list. I don't agree with every placement, but as a whole it isn't bad. 'Cept your bottom tier sucks. It should be:

"Quit life" tier
Heimerdinger, Janna

"Quit at champion select if you see him" tier
Udyr
none of the characters are bad enough to belong to those teirs.

Also, I'd rather have an udyr than a Janna or a Karthus.

people like to QQ too much

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
none of the characters are bad enough to belong to those teirs.

Also, I'd rather have an udyr than a Janna or a Karthus.

people like to QQ too much
I'd rather have a good Udyr over a bad Janna or a bad Karthus. But I'd rather have any other champion on my team than a bad Udyr.

Also, Karthus is considered an incredibly good character, but also one of the hardest to use. And Janna has her uses. She can be amazingly good... depending on what characters are on her team. She is support through and through. All she does is babysit the carry. But she does it well. And she's also great at defending turrets (for what its worth).

Yep, I wasn't sure if you meant that or the 18 minute game, but went with the 18 minute game in the end :p

Top Bottom