• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone MUST have forgot

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
Sup yall this is KillaOR, I know I've been gone a while and some of you new folks probably don't know who I am which is cool... but in time everyone will again. I've been playing WoW and GH all this time btw :p

Back to whats important though, I think everyone around here (especially the pro's which is even more disappointing to see) must of forgot something.

BRAWL HAS ONLY BEEN OUT ~1 MONTH.

What does that mean? It means you guys need to stop crying wolf about a game that hasn't been played by multi millions yet. I'm still a very active reader around here and I know that I haven't been to a tourney in a while, but that doesn't discredit my opinion on the matter.

Let the game be out for more than a year before making claims that "Brawl wont be competitive like Melee" I see everyone around here looking to make up these "New Techniques" so that they can have something to cling to later on and be like "I made that up! Look at the name!" but what about the basics?

Did you all forget that before Azan came into the game people NEVER took advantage of high priority moves and L-canceling? Did you guys forget it was almost 2 years into competitive Melee before someone figured out how to master wavedashing? Did you guys forget most strats/techniques/mindgames didn't come in till Melee was at its peak years of 05-06?

I think you guys need to stop being so far into the future and just worry about the present. Brawls going to be an amazing game with MILLIONS of more competitive players and a bigger scene.

Dont forget the past cause it will teach us the future. You guys are too smart to be soo stupid to say Brawls going to be a bad game.

That is all.

Cubemario

Smash Journeyman
This thread is also new and exciting, well written, and well thought out.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
Thank you for saying this: I believe has as much, if not more, potential.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Every time I see one of these threads, I smile. :)

Kevin

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I agree with the point that KillaOR has stated. Also, are you going back into the competitive scene for Brawl?

Egret

Smash Journeyman
Is it true that it's girls before games and that both are "GG" and how does this translate in terms of babes and brawl?

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Killa holds the record for shortest match ever.
Given the rest's nerf, and the longishness of brawl matches, can he repeat?!

great thread by the way, I've been saying this for a while, but nobody really listens to me because I'm kind of an a$$. :D

HenshinHero

Smash Apprentice
Interesting thoughts, but its only natural for people to have some misguided thoughts about Brawl, because its new and moving past something that people were used to for many years.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Sup yall this is KillaOR, I know I've been gone a while and some of you new folks probably don't know who I am which is cool... but in time everyone will again. I've been playing WoW and GH all this time btw :p

Back to whats important though, I think everyone around here (especially the pro's which is even more disappointing to see) must of forgot something.

BRAWL HAS ONLY BEEN OUT ~1 MONTH.

What does that mean? It means you guys need to stop crying wolf about a game that hasn't been played by multi millions yet. I'm still a very active reader around here and I know that I haven't been to a tourney in a while, but that doesn't discredit my opinion on the matter.

Let the game be out for more than a year before making claims that "Brawl wont be competitive like Melee" I see everyone around here looking to make up these "New Techniques" so that they can have something to cling to later on and be like "I made that up! Look at the name!" but what about the basics?

Did you all forget that before Azan came into the game people NEVER took advantage of high priority moves and L-canceling? Did you guys forget it was almost 2 years into competitive Melee before someone figured out how to master wavedashing? Did you guys forget most strats/techniques/mindgames didn't come in till Melee was at its peak years of 05-06?

I think you guys need to stop being so far into the future and just worry about the present. Brawls going to be an amazing game with MILLIONS of more competitive players and a bigger scene.

Dont forget the past cause it will teach us the future. You guys are too smart to be soo stupid to say Brawls going to be a bad game.

That is all.
true
people have a tendency (me included) to automatically dislike something that changes something that was good to begin with.................

so just listen to what he says and then think about what he's saying before making assumptions on it

Lingy

Smash Journeyman
Hm, I don't know who you are but I just watched that video someone posted. I didn't know there was an MTV special for SSBM. That was quite entertaining :p

And, Brawl hasn't even been out ~1 month, but maybe half a month.

Nice to meet you, by the way.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Dude, KillaOR, you are awesome. Seriously, being able to play Smash professionally and maintain a life at the same time is something most people consider very difficult to do. Serious kudos.

And it means even more that KillaOR, a professional Smash player, is being more mature about the removal of the special techniques than some of the guys here. Is change really so hard to accept?

billywill

Smash Journeyman
I know why killaOR can think straight. It is because he just returned to these forums and his mind hasn't been plagued yet by the disease that turns people into Brawl hating mutants. Unless...he is immune, he can join my small resistant group combating these Brawl hating mutants back to the depths of h3ll where they belong

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
wow, i think this is the sixth thread on the same exact topic

i think i see more whining about people saying the game sucks than actual people saying it sucks

KillaOR

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
Kila#697
killaOr

have you played brawl yet??

think you will play? just wondering if old pros will want to play brawl
I've played brawl back in October at Eforall with everyone else like Gimpyfish, etc...

I think that whether or not there's multiple threads like this certain views are respected more than others. I know if some random unknown guy went to a Melee tourney and said Link was the best character he would get no respect versus someone like PC going to a tourney and saying Marth was the best.

At the end of the day it comes down to respect. That is all that ever matters.

KingMak

Smash Cadet
Killa, I'm going to say this now. You're my favorite smash player. Not only are you excellent, you're different than a lot of other Pro Gamers. Good to see you around, and awesome post.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's a matter of waiting a year or two for advanced techniques to be discovered. I think Brawl is perfect as it is. It doesn't need advanced techniques to be a competitive game. All it needs is balance and some metagame elements (which we already have in "Stale-Move Negation"). With Melee, I didn't discover competitive play until around 2004, but even then, I was too lazy and uninterested in the game to bother practicing the various ATs that were out at the time, so I never bothered to train. In Brawl, however, I plan on becoming the best Snake player. I have played my imported copy of Brawl every day (at least one match, even if I'm busy) since 2/2/08.

Brawl is already competitive and deep. People just need to stop whining because Nintendo decided to throw some serious changes into the game instead of succumbing to sequelitis like most other series.

AerionTOFAST4U

Smash Apprentice
I know why killaOR can think straight. It is because he just returned to these forums and his mind hasn't been plagued yet by the disease that turns people into Brawl hating mutants. Unless...he is immune, he can join my small resistant group combating these Brawl hating mutants back to the depths of h3ll where they belong

Haha genious :D

Twilight Emblem

Banned via Warnings
I think brawls going to be way more competitive advanced tech wise and metagame wise than melee. We're finding advanced techniques/tactics/strats at a way faster rate than we did in melee because we have over half a decade of exp on knowing what to look for for advanced techs and how to apply combos and strats, from melee alone.

I spy a HUGE competitive scene for Brawl in the future.

Nice thread.

bigblack

Smash Rookie
Very well said KillaOR and I agree with you 100%. And I remember you from True life, I loved your segment. Keep up the good work and I never knew that you were apart of the smashboards! I'm new here so that's why!

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Thanks for the knowledge. I also just figured out what 10 chars meant... 10 chars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom