• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everyone expect black charizard and green shelled squirtle alts!

Akiak

Smash Ace

In this pic we see an Ivysaur alt. Its his shiny form. Charizards shiny form is black and Squirtles is a lighter blue and has a green shell. So far we only got some ugly vomit green charizard.
But since Ivysaur got his shiny form alt, I say Charizard and Squirtle will get theirs too.

Am I right?

(Black Charizard would be so cool!!!)

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
That'd be great, I'm hoping the shiny color will be an alt. for Charizard, and seeing as it would only be 1 of 6 choices, and that there is a shiny Ivysaur alt., it seems highly likely! :)

That'd definitely be my favourite alternate color for him, it'd look so cool, it'd be his dark themed color, like so many characters have. ;) (sorry if I used too many smilies. lol)

Akiak

Smash Ace
Don't worry. Theres no smilie limit!

I saw on the cover of the Pokemon movie "Lucario and the mystery of mew" that the Pokemon had cool headgear. That could be a nice alt.

Drgnfiv

Smash Rookie
I think it would be an excellent addition to include the Pokemon's shiny forms. Here's hoping for Black colored Charizard.

chrisking570

Smash Journeyman
sorry if this question is stupid, but does anyone have any idea about what those dots next to the characters are? they are on the right hand side next to the pics of the pokemon and charizards are all (three) red, while both pikachus have a single grey dot and ivysaur has three grey dots... i is confuzzled!!!

J18

Smash Journeyman
sorry if this question is stupid, but does anyone have any idea about what those dots next to the characters are? they are on the right hand side next to the pics of the pokemon and charizards are all (three) red, while both pikachus have a single grey dot and ivysaur has three grey dots... i is confuzzled!!!
i would guess it's for the number of lives, cuz i don't see anything else indicating number of lives left. also, charizard's "P1" thing is red (so are the dots), and pikachu's "P2" thing is blue (same as dots) and the "CPU" icons are gray, and so are the dots

Rakath

Smash Ace
My guess for the team colors is Red Outfit is Red Trainer:
Team Red - Charizard (Red Skin), Ivysaur (Red Bulb), Squirtle (Red Shell - Guess)

Now, with the Team Events, we saw Green Charizard and a Yellow Bulb Ivysaur:
Team Green - Charizard (Green Skin), Ivysaur (Yellow/Green Bulb), Squirtle (Green Shell - Guess)

Meaning a Blue team would be:
Team Blue (All Guess) - Charizard (Blue Skin), Ivysaur (Blue Bulb), Squirtle (Blue Shell)

Which naturally leaves need for a fourth team, at least:
Other Team (GUESS) - Charizard (Black Skin), Ivysaur (Something Cool), Squirtle (Also Something Cool)

Baka_Shade

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, those are definitely the stocks.

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
well i think that ivysaur in the screenshot is just what it looks like when on the Green Team. on the DOJO!! in one of the screenshots of the co-op events, you can see a green charizard. so i don't think they purpously made that green ivysaur look like his "shiny" sprite. but i'm still hoping for a black and red charizard. and for the blue team, a light blue charizard with white wings... you know, kinda icy... lol

ThunderHero

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone ever stoped an thought that its his vine and not a shiny form>_>;;.Ivysaurs Shiny form, he gets his blueish skin changed to a greenish hue. so only making part of him shiny is lol

Dr. Paynegwynn

Smash Rookie
and here I thought the alts were just going to be different trainers in the background. I would like that, to play as may or brendan or brock, or have different pokemon, like dragonite, instead of just different colors.

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
Confirmed: PT's colors are Red, Blue. Green, and a Black and White throwback to the GB days.

Also, about Black Charizard:

Rumors of Black Charizard. Some suggest a very dark Chrarizard that is near-black.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So has anyone at Whobby yet to use Black colored PT and use Charizard? So we can see his colors?

blubomber17

Smash Apprentice
There's only been reports from a handful of people, and I'm guessing that most of them really didn't use color swaps. Fret not; we'll find out very soon. :)

xixDaShrimpxix

Smash Apprentice
mhmm, but if i got to play the demo, i'd check all the color swaps on the character select screen first, although i'm guessing you can't see PT's pokemon on the character select screen. (sad face)

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
black charizard will be very cool,in my opinion pk trainer should have a shine team pokemon

PokemonLegacy

Smash Apprentice

Shine wouldn't be bad, I guess.
I dunno if U know, but not all shiny Pokemon are black. Yes, Charizard is, but hes also got red wings where the green is. Squirtle is Green-Shelled, and ivysaur is a dark bluish/green with a purple bulb. Charizard's Alts should be Normal. Red. Shiny, & Green.

Percon

Smash Lord
Okay, I just played a hell of a lot as PT and there is NO black Charizard. None. I don't care if BC confirmed it, the picture they posted was blurry and could have been anything.

I can't remember all the costumes, but there were only 4 or 5.

ngtm

Smash Cadet
there's no black charizard unless its possible to unlock costumes. The closest to black is a retro costume for ptrain where his clothes are black and white and the pokemon are lighter in color. squirtle has a near white shell... dark charizard might be shopped unless theres just something i havent unlocked to give me a black costume which is slightly improbable. I wish there was a black costume though....

Top Bottom