• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Every song confirmed!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
What did you expected coming from Sakubias and his precious Kid Icarus Uprising?
Should we consider the Pokemon Bias or the Animal Crossing Bias, then? (despite the fact that there's not that much AC songs, every new one are remixes)

If there's one place where there's no Kid Icarus bias, it's definitely the music.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Are we even sure Sakurai picked which songs were to get remixed himself? I mean I know he's made questionable choices multiple times but I don't think he'd have so many repeats. It's probably similar to why some characters got the shaft in the alternate costume/color department (*cough*:4peach:*cough*) in that different series got assigned different composers or something similar and we ended up with a looot of repeat stuff. It's possible that Sakurai just approved the song list instead of saying "alright well we'll definitely need TWO new remixes of the original Mario ground theme, and we'll have to be sure to bring back the 3 from the other games too".

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Are we even sure Sakurai picked which songs were to get remixed himself? I mean I know he's made questionable choices multiple times but I don't think he'd have so many repeats. It's probably similar to why some characters got the shaft in the alternate costume/color department (*cough*:4peach:*cough*) in that different series got assigned different composers or something similar and we ended up with a looot of repeat stuff. It's possible that Sakurai just approved the song list instead of saying "alright well we'll definitely need TWO new remixes of the original Mario ground theme, and we'll have to be sure to bring back the 3 from the other games too".
Be quiet, you have to blame Sakurai for every nitpick you have with the game or you'll start to grow up and be kicked out of Neverland.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't understand some of the multiple song complaints.

People complain about 3 ridley theme's
Two of those were from Brawl, one of them is very different and both are amazing
The other is the most memorable dong (hilarious typo I thought I would leave in) song in Other M and still adds something new (that something new alone would still probably be the best song from that game, or from what I've heard from it) And the place the song plays is even a stage

Mute City
Two are from past games, I've seen people happy that one or the other is back, now both people are pleased
A new remix for the new Mute City stage on the 3DS
The original to fit right in with the 3DS stage

Thats ONE new remix spent on Mute City and NO new remix spent on Ridley's theme.

Now, can someone explain the status of all the DK main themes. How many are remixs, How many are from past smash's, and how many are ports

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
What did you expected coming from Sakubias and his precious Kid Icarus Uprising?
Kid Icarus got shafted in terms of music. 4 "remixes," and one is just a longer song cut down with an extra instrument, and the rest are subtle remixes most of the the time. I mean, they'll slap "remix" on just about anything. Cloudtop Cruise is just the tune that plays when you're in the thunderclouds and it's somehow labeled to be a remix.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
Should we consider the Pokemon Bias or the Animal Crossing Bias, then? (despite the fact that there's not that much AC songs, every new one are remixes)

If there's one place where there's no Kid Icarus bias, it's definitely the music.
If there was Pokebias then Blue's theme would be in the game. But it's not.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If there was Pokebias then Blue's theme would be in the game. But it's not.
And if there was Kid Icarus bias, Lightning Battle would be in the game. But it's not.

Get over it, I too have songs I wanted baldly that are not in the game (some obscure one, to be honest, but also Zelda songs, or even returning songs)

Weldar

Smash Cadet
I don't understand some of the multiple song complaints.

Now, can someone explain the status of all the DK main themes. How many are remixs, How many are from past smash's, and how many are ports
One version from smash 64 and two from Brawl. Two direct ports (one from Doneky Kong Country Returns and one from Tropical Freeze) and two original remixes. Also its not so much the main theme as the world 1 theme (there are also two versions of the main theme, one a direct port one a remix)

The 64 song is there because of the 64 stage, the Returns song is titled Jungle Hijinx so they make sense for the level they're on. The Brawl remixes maybe weren't needed with so many other remixes but a lot of Brawl music was coming back anyway so that's fine. I think the ones that stick out to people are the two new remixes and the Tropical Freeze song. The new remixes are certainly nice but I think with so many other versions of jungle level people would have preferred some variety in what they chose to remix, I do like the new remixes though. The Tropical Freeze song is a direct port though, again there's nothing wrong with the song but with so many versions of the song there already and it being a direct port they could have just as easily used any other song from Tropical Freeze

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
So, I was bored, and decided to make a list of songs that appear in 3 or more Smash games and have never missed any Smash game since their debut:

Menu 2 (Melee)
Rainbow Cruise (Melee)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) (Brawl)
Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) (Brawl)
Stickerbrush Simphony (Brawl)
Temple (Melee)
Brinstar (Melee)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
Obstacle Course (Brawl)
Ending (Yoshi's Story) (Brawl)
The Legendary Air Ride Machine (Brawl)
Corneria (Melee)
Fire Emblem (Melee)
With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1) (Brawl)
Flat Zone (Melee)
Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)
Ashley's Song (Brawl)
Pikmin Main Theme (Original Version)
Green Hill Zone (Original Version)
Live & Learn (Original Version)
Tetris: Type A (Brawl)

Let me know if I missed any.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
So, I was bored, and decided to make a list of songs that appear in 3 or more Smash games and have never missed any Smash game since their debut:

Menu 2 (Melee)
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) (Brawl)
Underground Theme (Super Mario Bros.) (Brawl)
Stickerbrush Simphony (Brawl)
Temple (Melee)
Brinstar (Melee)
Brinstar Depths (Melee)
Obstacle Course (Brawl)
Ending (Yoshi's Story) (Brawl)
The Legendary Air Ride Machine (Brawl)
Corneria (Melee)
Fire Emblem (Melee)
With Mila's Divine Protection (Celica Map 1) (Brawl)
Flat Zone (Melee)
Flat Zone 2 (Brawl)
Ashley's Song (Brawl)
Pikmin Main Theme (Original Version)
Green Hill Zone (Original Version)
Live & Learn (Original Version)
Tetris: Type A (Brawl)

Let me know if I missed any.
You missed Rainbow Ride. Or cruise if you live in NA.

Thats such a stupid mistranslation, Rainbow Cruise >.>

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
None of the Strawberry Flower Pikmin songs?! Those were the best tracks on Brawl :'(
I wouldn't be surprised if they're not in due to copyright issues. Those songs aren't owned by Nintendo, last I checked, so they probably couldn't get the rights for the songs this time.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
This delicious remix of Pikmin 3's mission mode theme hasn't gotten the attention it deserves:

ZelDan

Smash Master
The OST is good and all, but as for some of my disappointments/what I hoped would make in:

-The lack of DKC: Tropical Freeze music. Probably one of my favorite OSTs this generation so far, and the game only got a couple songs? And the songs that were chosen were probably some of the least interesting IMO (not bad, but much better choices)

-Would have loved some Megaman X music. Intro theme from MMX1, Spark mandrill, Storm Eagle, so many good choices.

-Still no Chemical Plant Zone music. Probably one of the best tunes in the Sonic series IMO.

-Would have loved some battle themes from Fire Emblem Awakening other than the final battle one.

-Kirby music was also pretty lacking. No Galacta Knight, no Magalor or Sectonia themes (whether it be their first or seconds themes), no true arena theme...

-Would have loved the Satorl Marsh night theme or maybe Sword valley theme from Xenoblade, but I'm pretty satosfied with Xenoblade's music selection as is.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
How upset I am that there's a Pac-Land stage but no Pac-Land music. That's so weird. Is there even any other stage in the game that doesn't feature music from that same game?

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
How upset I am that there's a Pac-Land stage but no Pac-Land music. That's so weird. Is there even any other stage in the game that doesn't feature music from that same game?
It's odd isn't it? Even Onett finally gets Mother 2 music for the first time, despite being a Mother 2 stage with only Mother 1 music for the longest time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Technically, none of the Flat Zone songs are based on Game & Watch games and simply made from scratch. Does it count?

Last edited:

Evello

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TinyTinyHippo
3DS FC
0473-7825-0053
Is the Nintendo Land remix anywhere up in the air (Youtube or...)?
I believe when people went through the game's code they found the Nintendo Land remix there along with a remix of the Wii Shop Channel, and the Dark Lord, Tomadachi Life, and Save the World, Heroes! songs from the 3DS game. Seems fairly likely they're intended for the Miiverse stage.

Haven't seen Nintendo Land available for listening online, though. It might take a while before it gets properly ripped.

Kozmiic27

Smash Apprentice
Brawl's Mute City made it in. Sweet.

Pokemon Stadium from Melee, which I've been asking about on these boards forever (and mostly ignored, but water under the bridge), is also back, of which I actually cried with relief and joy over.

Glad to see the Magicant track make the jump over to the Wii U, though it insanely stupid that the stage didn't make it while Brawl's Mario Circuit did.

Fountain of Dreams will be sorely missed.

There's your Multi Man Melee 2, for everyone who wanted it.
Melees mute city absolutely annihilates brawls mute city.
But who cares they got melee corneria *fap* *fap** fap*

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
Personally, I think Brawl and MK8 are pretty close, but Brawl's is better.
  1. Brawl
  2. Mario Kart 8
  3. Melee
  4. SSB4
  5. Original
Nah man, you can't beat that saxophone:
It's just a lot more energetic than the Brawl one. And I love that. Brawl's is a good remix too though; probably my second favorite.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
-Pokemon: Ah, the one franchise where I'm familiar with a lot of the music! :laugh: The "Pokemon Gold/Silver battle theme medley" is my main jam, so I'm ecstatic to hear about its return (although the name, 'Pokemon Stadium 2', needs even more work now); it took me so long to find out news about it! "Dialga/Palkia Battle At Spear Pillar" was also a mainstay for me, although it's tragic that the "Spear Pillar" stage wasn't included. Glad to see that remixes for "Battle! VS Trainer (Kalos)" and "Battle! VS Reshiram/Zekrom" made the jump to the Wii U version of SSB4, and that the Brawl remixes for "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Sinnoh)" and "Battle! VS Team Galactic Grunt" also returned!
--Exactly whose idea was it to include "Battle! VS Wild Pokemon (Kalos)" over "Battle! VS Elite 4 (Kalos)" for the Kalos Pokemon League stage? The one track that that specific stage needs (particularly due to aesthetics and the stage's concept), and it's not included! :hulk: At least the Kalos Champion battle theme and the Kalos Victory Road themes are there; I'll see if they suffice.
---Also, uh... we still don't have a "Battle! VS Champion (Kanto)" remix? Possibly one of the most iconic Pokemon songs and arguably the one Pokemon song that gets remixed the most...? :glare:
---I'm glad that "Battle! VS Champion (Sinnoh)" got a remix, but I'm kind of worried...the reactions to it have been quite divisive so far... :x
---A shame that we didn't get a remix of "Dialga's Fight to the Finish" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky; I've seen a lot of people requesting it!
---More Hoenn-based music would have been nice with Pokemon OmegaRuby/AlphaSapphire's coincidental presence...I mean, Pokemon Colosseum even has ready-to-use remixes available!
Kinda funny that Dialga/Palkia's battle theme is back on a Kalos based stage none the less (it was one of my favorite themes from the D/P/Pt series) but it shouldn't have been brought back, I was expecting the Xerneas/Yveltal/Zygarde's battle theme to get in as a replacement, but quite sad that it didn't make the cut, it's as epic as the mentioned theme and would have suited the Kalos Pokemon League stage far better than a legendary theme from a Gen IV game (if anything the Dialga/Palkia theme should have been on Pokemon Stadium 2 instead (since the song was remixed for Brawl and the stage being a Brawl stage).

Now that Mewtwo is DLC we might just get the remixed Kanto legendary theme from X & Y to pair him up with (that song screams Mewtwo).

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So, of all the songs in Smash 4, which ones are in a rock style?
For starters, Master Hand (sort of), Metal Battle Melee, Menu, Final Destination Ver. 2, Ground Theme (SMB3), Excite Truck, Great Tower Showdown (sort of), Cloudtop Cruise and all F-Zero tracks except Mute City Ver. 3 and the original track.

I'm sure there more though.....

D

Deleted member

The only stuff that really heartbreaks me is the lack of Rundas' and Colress' battle themes and the omission of the Opening/Menu theme remix of Metroid Prime, aka my favorite track from my favorite game of all time.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Master Fortress songs are truly EPIC! Especially Second Wave! Sure, they're really hard to unlock if you lack the skills (and equipement), but they're definitely worth the effort! ;)

Kingbuu

Smash Cadet
The only stuff that really heartbreaks me is the lack of Rundas' and Colress' battle themes and the omission of the Opening/Menu theme remix of Metroid Prime, aka my favorite track from my favorite game of all time.
It's probably not in there as the Metroid Title Remix seems to be it's replacement. All I wanted from Metroid Prime was Magmoor Caverns for Norfair and maybe the Space Pirate battle theme from Prime 1 for Pyrosphere. Sadly we got none of those. :(

Top Bottom