• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Every projectile that can be cancled with Falcon's Turbo-A

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Well as we all know, if you hold down A Falcon will repeatedly jab, which can cancel many projectiles (such as Pit's arrows). This can be a useful tool for approaching. So here are all the projectiles that can be cancelled:

Samus' Missiles (regular and super) and charge shot (not after it's over half charged, though)
Pit's arrows (these are fast enough that they sometimes slip between your punches, though)
Peach's turnips
ROB's disks (this is useful because they won't hurt you anymore and you can walk right up to them and pick them up)
Charizard's fire (this is useless, however)
Ivysaur's razorleaf
Snake's grenades (they don't explode) and nikita (it gets misdirected)
Link's/Toon Link's boomerang and arrows (under half charged). Bombs just blow you up.
Mario/Luigi's fireballs
Lucas+Ness' PKfire
Diddy's peanuts (unless fully charged). Punching his bananas just makes you slip.
Olimar's Pikmin (it hurts the pikmin too. Don't think this works on purple dudes though)
Zelda's Din's Fire (but only when you're close to her. If you're farther, you can use Falcon kick.)
Zamus' stun gun
Pikachu's thingy

These things I haven't tested:
Lucario's aura balls? Maybe? I don't remember.
Iceclimber's ice-triangles?
Yoshi's eggs?
Game&Watch's bacon?

Another fairly high-priority approach move is Falcon kick (it has more priority than the jabs at least). And maybe raptor boost...I know it will hit certain projectiles in the air and make Falcon get his mini-jump off them. Too bad turbo-jabs can't cancel any Space animal lazers. D:

Anyways, what are some other good moves that can cancel out projectiles and approach campers? :bee:

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Hmm, interesting. I've never really thought to try to jab projectiles before. Is there really any advantage to jabbing it though when you can just shield it, especially now that perfect shielding is so easy? Because, doing the repeated jabs = lag which = Falcon getting punished.

It would be more interesting to find out information about what can be done about projectiles with Falcon Kick, Raptor Boost, and Falcon's dash attack.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Hmm, interesting. I've never really thought to try to jab projectiles before. Is there really any advantage to jabbing it though when you can just shield it, especially now that perfect shielding is so easy? Because, doing the repeated jabs = lag which = Falcon getting punished.

It would be more interesting to find out information about what can be done about projectiles with Falcon Kick, Raptor Boost, and Falcon's dash attack.
It's a mental thing. Imagine how scared you'd be if you saw a man just punch your missile out of existence, then stand there unharmed. Falcon is too manly to do things like shield!

In seriousness, it's not the most amazing, ground breaking Falcon info, but it is appreciated because it gives him just another option of dealing with projectiles.

mugwhump

Smash Journeyman
Of course all this is inferior to Falcon Punching projectiles, so it's pretty much a moot point.

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
The real way to counter thrown Pikmin (as I said in the Falcon's Worst Matchups Thread) is to just use Raptor Boost. It kills Pikmin in one hit and keeps them off of you.

Raptor Boost does do well against most projectiles but not all. A list of those would be good. I'm happy to look into that if you don't want to.

Falcon Kick stops pretty much every non-exploding projectile as far as I know. I find it harder to use against projectiles because unlike Raptor Boost it keeps its full lag time which leaves you open. Raptor Boost does the hit animation which is shorter than the stumble animation you get when missing. So yeah. Just some things to keep in mind.

ReploidArmada

Smash Rookie
After some testing, I've noticed his jabs can cancel Falcon Kick as well, which opens the door for testing on other rush-type attacks such as Ike's SideB, Raptor Boost, and the like.

EDIT: Lucario's Aura Sphere behaves exactly like Charge Shot. Ice Climbers' Ice Shots get REFLECTED. Yoshi's Eggs are destroyed, but you have to watch the angle. Mr. Game and Watch's bacon also gets destroyed, but again, watch the angle.

You're welcome. :)

Top Bottom