• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

event 49

evilnook53

Smash Rookie
Out of all the events 1-50, this one I can't beat. Having to kill 6 characters with 2 lives in 4 minutes when I suck at advanced techniques. Whats a sure fire way to beat it? I tried Rest. I died. I tried DK's F-throw. Falco killed me. Marth's counter is useless once I get to grab-happy Roy. Help please.

err

Smash Journeyman
This would be a good time to learn how to L-cancel!

Using Ganondorf, abuse them with F-air, D-air. edgeguard with B-air and reverse U-air.

Dorf's slow falling speed may make it easier for you to get the hang of L-cancelling.

Remember, you don't have to activate the "digital click" of the shoulder button to cancel your aerial - the shielding in melee is analog.

edit - peach might be good too. abuse downsmash, and do F-air when floating close to the ground. as the hitbox comes out, let go of the float. Try to time it so that immediately after she swings her crown, you hit the ground. Then downsmash. The effect you're striving for is a "float-canceled aerial," which, if timed correctly, will have just 4 frames of landing lag, so the downsmash should come out instantly.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Try Doc or Ness, then. :3

evilnook53

Smash Rookie
Peach made me screw up even more, so I just went with Use Marth, Counter like hell, fsmash Roy to bits, and d-tilt ganon's up-b. It worked. I went on to Event 51. I ended u beating it with Jigglypuff. JIGGLYPUFF, who's best move I could never time right. Bob-omb party balls helped. Giga died first. M2 and Ganon were killed simultaneously. I now have FD finally.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah, glad you beat event 51. :3 I always tryed to kill Giga before any of my stocks were gone, haha. Then maybe actual fighting with mewtwo and ganondorf would occur. (I used sleep to help me hahaha)

Jboy313

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Braunz
Peach made me screw up even more, so I just went with Use Marth, Counter like hell, fsmash Roy to bits, and d-tilt ganon's up-b. It worked. I went on to Event 51. I ended u beating it with Jigglypuff. JIGGLYPUFF, who's best move I could never time right. Bob-omb party balls helped. Giga died first. M2 and Ganon were killed simultaneously. I now have FD finally.

lol for FD i just let me asian friend beat it for me..but that was a year ago i cant beat it easily now..it really helps a lot when ur lucky enough to use rest on all 3 guys at once..when i did that they all died..hehe

Top Bottom