• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Even More tripping info

thewiredknight

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's enough to convince me that it's not random but if that's true then it's total *** that tripping would work like that.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Tripping can only happen when you start or stop running. If you use the control stick to smash or use specials, you can trip if you're not perfectly timing your side-B or side-smashes, since you're starting a dash immediately before performing the move. Same goes for grabs. It's the starting or stopping dashing, nothing else, that creates a situation where tripping can occur. For those circumstances, the game randomly determines whether or not it happens.

Zaza

Smash Rookie
Worthless test. He provided very minimal description of his testing methods and didn't even use the same character for both players. There are many explanations for his results other than the one he proposed including the differences between pit and mario's dash dance if that's even how he did the test.

Not that I'm saying his conclusion is false. It's a reasonable thing to test but the test simply does not support the conclusion

Shaman

Smash Apprentice
I did the test myself using 2 mario's on FD controlled by one wave bird with 99 stocks, i did 250 dashes, in two sets where the first set they were both at 0 % and both tripped a similar number of times IIRC there was a 1 trip disparity between the two, then i had P1 get the Curry and do 300% dmg to P2, then 250 dashes, player 1 went 7 trips to 1 when i stopped the trial. so i don't claim that this proves it, but its pretty darn good evidence, that said tripping is still random, its random, just with various variables affecting the randomness.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
How about this?:
Tripping is random.
BUT
certain variables can make the trip less common..... But still random.

bnestman

Smash Cadet
I heard the more you touch yourself at night the more likely tripping can occur.../discuss

Zek

Smash Ace
Tripping is indeed random, but he's arguing that the randomness of it its influenced by your percentage. It's really easy to test, so someone should probably give it a shot. Just put two Marios on one wavebird, set one to 999% and dash back and forth.

Sucks for Lucario if it's true, lol.

Tofu Beast

Smash Ace
Didn't Phanna do a test with a wavebird in a video?

I think that pretty much proves that it is random...

also, I touch myself a lot at night, but I don't seem to trip a lot...

Ice Effect

Smash Rookie
Didn't Phanna do a test with a wavebird in a video?

I think that pretty much proves that it is random...

also, I touch myself a lot at night, but I don't seem to trip a lot...
As zek already mentioned, the person isnt debating that it's random. He is explaining how the randomness is influenced by the character's health.

Top Bottom