• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[European Ruleset] #10 : Distant Planet

Distant Planet: Counterpick or banned?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Utto

Commander Keen
BRoomer
#10: Distant Planet

Again, the question is simple: should Distant Planet be a counterpick stage or a banned stage? Instructions:

1. Vote only if you are sure of your vote.
2. Try to explain your vote as clearly as possible in this thread.

Poll will remain open for two weeks.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Voted CP to see how this works out, could be potentially interesting, and the walkoff is temporary because of the rain. If this proves to be suck it should get banned though

Greward

Smash Lord
Counterpick. The walk off is avoidable, the bulbord is really easy to avoid getting eaten, the rain just makes disappear the walk off and turn it in a normal stage, and the flowers and the items they drop just add a new element to it.

I think circlecamping in this stage is not so good to get it banned.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Counterpick, reasoning:

I think that the only "bad/timeconsuming" part is when someone stays direcly above the left ledge and holds that position as a strong part in the game on that stage.

I wonder why there´s 19 votes but only 2 who tries to back up their arguments.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think it should be banned because it's too easy to circle camp around the stage or run the clock without breaking any planking rules or ledge grab limits. Characters like Wario, Pit, MK and others become nearly untouchable on this stage if they do it right.

It should be allowed in 2 vs 2 though.

:059:

Gmoney_

Smash Journeyman
Haven't played that much on this stage. The only thing I prolly know is that the left side walk off is really good for chars with a strong throw (for obvious reason I think). I'll pass on this for a while.

Top Bottom