• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe won't Smash 'till Summer

Chill

Red
BRoomer
 European gamers always seem to get the short end of the gaming stick. Games often release months after their US or Japan counterparts. Sometimes a game won’t be released at all. Unfortunately things haven’t changed. NOE has release their schedule for new game releases and Smash Bros. Brawl isn’t listed. When contacted for comment NOE confirmed that Brawl will not release until Q2 of 2008, meaning the game won’t release until after June at best.

Sorry guys.

Source: <a href="http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-12-2007-7051.html">http://www.videogamer.com/news/06-12-2007-7051.html</a>

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Yep as usual Europe gets crapped on. Japan and America will be thinking about the sequel by the time we get it.

Are we surprised? No. Are we disappointed? Hell yes.

craiigg

Smash Lord
Hmm sure they can use the time to iron out some glitches/bugs, translate and convert to PAL, but I don't know why it takes 6 months to do so x_________x;

All us europeans kinda expected it but it still sucks =(

VA

Smash Hero
Only a confirmation of sorts imo. Nintendo won't announce brawls release date on a schedule, that was all we got from the crap E3 this year on brawl , so don't think this is worth a fuss.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I honestly don't know how the conversion process goes down, but...

...would part of the reason be that there are so many languages that PAL is responsible for representing? I dunno, that by itself isn't half a year's work, but it seems like it would be quite encumbering.

However, with regards to "ironing out bugs and glitches," the main concept there is to "fix" the game. Behind the scenes, though, what they're essentially doing is re-balancing (or just balancing, LOL) the game...which takes lots of time.

LOTS of time.

It's almost incomprehensible how much work must go into the toiling of this game's engine and changing things up takes a while, trust. All-in-all, if PAL Melee was any indication of the quality you guys get from the wait due to the transition, I'd say it's worth it.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Man, PAL's. I do feel sorry for you. Hopefully, ya'll can get an American Wii and import Smash. Otherwise... never come to this forum again if you don't want anything spoiled!

Tsuki

Smash Apprentice
Yeah!
Cant wait to get bashed online because everyone else played it for 3months already.
**** that crap! -.-

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
3 months? You do realise after Q2 means June/Probably Mid July. Thats like 5 months
5 Months? Games like Smash will not release in the summer, beacuse it would sell less ... i would say September or October ... so 6-7 months ....
I REALLY HATE NINTENDO OF EUROPE ...

We should start a petition and email nintendo so much emails, that there server will shut down =/

craiigg

Smash Lord
Like it or lump it Nintendo will do what they have to, to make it a good PAL release
No-one can hate ninty on here, they made this game son XC

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Oh ain't it wonderful... Ah well it was to expected.

Still... come on... really... Is it necessary?
Just translate the dang thing, put a PAL sticker on it and ship it over... Nobody's gonna mind.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
:yoshi: I honestly don't know how the conversion process goes down, but...

...would part of the reason be that there are so many languages that PAL is responsible for representing? I dunno, that by itself isn't half a year's work, but it seems like it would be quite encumbering.
Why would it only take 2 months betweeen Metroid Prime 3, which is loaded with a humongous amount of text only take 2 months, while a "simple" fighting game would take 5? (6 if you include time between Jap and PAL?

NOE and NOAus, Goddam you to firey hell.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
Heh heh heh! European's have to wait (totally looses it) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Seriously, let's all go to Japan or America and play some Brawl:laugh:

Snakz

Smash Ace
I cant imagine what it's like for the European Smashers, it's so horrible, especially for you guys who dont want the game spoiled until you actually get your hands on it, that'd probably be next to impossible.

It's inhumane i tell you!

The Phenom

Smash Lord
Man do I feel for my blood brothers...that sucks. It should be US's turn to be given the delay. If it weren't for the fact that US that allowed Japan to trade with US, they would give you relief on that occasion, but nope...

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
NTSC all the way baby! Woohoo! Oh, sorry guys... I know it sucks.

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
Well, there have been times that I have said Europe, for being well-developed and all, has always had the worst release dates. I didn't want to tell you guys so but...

I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Although I'm still wondering if Australians will have more luck than them. I already want to see Yahtzee do a review of the game!

T-major

Smash Champion
wow...... that sucks.... I mean, really... that REALLY sucks...

wait... isn't the Wii region free? or is that only the DS? if it's region free you could import it.

Whirling Birdo

Smash Rookie
Why? Does Nintendo not care about the dying little children who live in Europe and Australia who only have 6 months to live, and their dieing wish was to play a PAL copy of SSBB.

It's official, Nintendo is evil.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
Man do I feel for my blood brothers...that sucks. It should be US's turn to be given the delay. If it weren't for the fact that US that allowed Japan to trade with US, they would give you relief on that occasion, but nope...
Australia has some pretty strong ties with Japan too...most of our tourists are Japanese. I seriously hope that's significant in how long we Aussies have to wait, because waiting until mid-year will kill me.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
@#%&!
...No. Not SSBB. It's way too good to be used in punching European's faces.
Yeah, I agree with you fellow. This sucks so ****ing ****ty ***. Here in finland were gonna get this at july earliest. The whole vacation is going to suck, because i wanted to play Smash.

This suck ***. NoE ****s everything up!

Quintsy

Smash Cadet
Although I am leading to Aus getting screwed too, still no confirmation on that fact just yet. So until then im gonna remain calm and see if I will indeed need to import a US Wii.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
What why are we soo far behind nintendo should make it so it comes out march/april But summer thats just overboards if so when the hell will we end up getting mario kart wii?? this is a big dissapointment to me man. well anyone in europe like me might as well just be watching videos on youtube when it comes out accross the atlantic.
Nintendo Big Game Massive Hopes Bad release date

linkrulezz

Smash Cadet
noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wy we have to wait longer im getting crazy now

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
There is Hope!!!!!!!

Europe - There’s still hope for Brawl before Summer

“The Nintendo 1st & 3rd party Software lineup release schedule which was distributed by Nintendo on Thursday 6th December confirmed launch dates for Nintendo titles launching in Q1 2008. Nintendo also included some titles which were fixed for release beyond Q1 2008 such as Mario Kart Wii. All Nintendo software titles launching in Q2 2008 have not been finalised or confirmed to date.” - Nintendo UK spokesperson

Quelle: http://gonintendo.com/?p=31066#comment-1705027

MR.WIGZ

Smash Ace
I can barely wait until February...they pain you dudes/dudettes must endure is a little ridiculous....

Even if you did buy an American/Japanese Wii would you still be able to plug it in? I've never been to Europe, but I hear that the wall outlets are different.

Jonkenden

Smash Cadet
@.@ atleast I got melee...

"edit"

and yeh wall outlets are different and the electrical structure is a bit different, can't recall what the techincal word was for it. But It is like 220 in europe while it's 110 in USA IIRC? But it can be solved by purchasing a convertor, still I rather just get pal version.

Top Bottom