• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Europe VS EC crew battle: 2nd trial!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Woops, no Cart then.

Frog lives in MI? News to me. IDK why I thought he lived in STL, just remember hearing it sometime.

Someone get Sensei to saddle up.

Battlecow

Play to Win
bigger crews means better for NA

with only five Europe can bring out the bruisers (Mahie, maddie, fays, bear, maybe craig or KF) and have a fighting chance.

So five is prolly good.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
bigger crews means better for NA

with only five Europe can bring out the bruisers (Mahie, maddie, fays, bear, maybe craig or KF) and have a fighting chance.

So five is prolly good.
Seems like you could go either way with it really.

Less people means they'll have to only play our prime, with theirs... No offence to anyone but i dont think this is good for Euro.

More people means more room for lesser players on both sides..which could hurt or help their situation depending on their spread of talent.

I think something like 6 would be best for fairness but in all reality thats hard to set up.

The way I look at this is, if they only have to play people from our A-tier or better..there is no contest, but if we break the A-tier and start into B they'll have a fighting chance.

Cocky or not this is my honest opinion formed from watching / playing literally everyone involved in this event.

Battlecow

Play to Win
No. You're wrong. Maybe they can take our elite with theirs, maybe not- but they flat-out don't have the kind of low-A/High B that we do. We could pull up ten guys other than the ones already mentioned who could take all but Europe's top 6 or so players.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
No. You're wrong. Maybe they can take our elite with theirs, maybe not- but they flat-out don't have the kind of low-A/High B that we do. We could pull up ten guys other than the ones already mentioned who could take all but Europe's top 6 or so players.
This maybe true but due to the format used in crew matches having low ranked players in the system helps the lesser team...even if they have more.

If the people who play for us are all better then me we will finish with more then 10 stocks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You really think Star King (for example) is that much better than (for example) Fays? At four frames? I agree that EC will win regardless of crew #s, but we'll win by more if the crew # is higher.

I remember Mahie beating Fireblaster once. He gave delay johns, but that'll be an equal factor here...

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
i do, They may not like me saying this but ..i have no reason to lie.

I have never lost a set to any Euro, this is why i feel if every one who plays is better then me this game is already pointless.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Wow, that sheds a whole new light on things. Guess I've been giving them too much credit.

Get at us, EU.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Mahie played close to jaihme in some recent tourney. Like really close, mahie had a big lead. So I disagree with suri on this one. Whit a big crew, NA would **** pretty hard. but with a 5 man crew, it will be very even since malva and boom isnt EC.

Olikus

Smash Champion
how did you expect to make that point by giving me facts that have no real relivence? :p
Didnt get that point of yours, a tourney match should be a fact. but will wait and see. If you think poor of eu thats your opinion.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I'm not just pulling the facts out of my *** but it is still an opinion so I'll leave it at that :p
I agree that one example is pretty poor but I just wanted to throw it out there since it was going the direction that the EC was waaay better than eu which i dont think if its gonna be a 5-man crew. But yeah, will wait and see.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I agree that one example is pretty poor but I just wanted to throw it out there since it was going the direction that the EC was waaay better than eu which i dont think if its gonna be a 5-man crew. But yeah, will wait and see.
Look at it this way

Mahie is easily one of (if not the) best euro players.

He can keep up with JaimeHR much like I, and other players around my level can.

Everyone in this match on EC side will be better then me. If i do get in ill be the last guy lol. (weakest link)

Your best player for this event is only on par with our worst.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Olikus, why are you being arrogant about it?

We'd enjoy a crew battle. Not that it'd prove anything as it'd only involve like 5 players from the East Coast and Europe who might not even be the best, and at 4-5 frames of delay to top it all.

I'm definitely up for it and for the fun it represents. Not really to start a pointless debate.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Olikus, why are you being arrogant about it?

We'd enjoy a crew battle. Not that it'd prove anything as it'd only involve like 5 players from the East Coast and Europe who might not even be the best, and at 4-5 frames of delay to top it all.

I'm definitely up for it and for the fun it represents. Not really to start a pointless debate.
If anything i believe it's me being arrogant. He has reasonable faith in his players (although i consider mine to be as well, mine has been more over the top in this thread)

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
If anything i believe it's me being arrogant. He has reasonable faith in his players (although i consider mine to be as well, mine has been more over the top in this thread)
I'd like not to think of our AiB set (or your sets vs Mahie) as reasonable material to judge skill levels, Surri. But hey, if you do, good for you. My connection should be a ton better now so I hope next time we play we get less than 6 frames.

We don't necessarily need the very best players. What we need are active and interested players. Even if Europe somehow won I wouldn't really care all that much about it. Crew battles are just fun and I hope we can get this one going.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'd like not to think of our AiB set (or your sets vs Mahie) as reasonable material to judge skill levels, Surri. But hey, if you do, good for you. My connection should be a ton better now so I hope next time we play we get less than 6 frames.

We don't necessarily need the very best players. What we need are active and interested players. Even if Europe somehow won I wouldn't really care all that much about it. Crew battles are just fun and I hope we can get this one going.
Every Euro would rather every set i played with them not to count.

DevMBC

Smash Ace
little less of this *makes flapping hand motion* little more of this *throws some punches*

:starman:

edit - close enough

question for ECers does Dark Link still play?

Sangoku

Smash Master
Wow so many posts in one night!

Surri saying he's on the level of the best Euros while he loses to a dashing grab falcon? :troll:

Also are you East Coasters still waiting for people to signup? (Ecartman/frogles/sheer?)

And Europeans, if you want to be in, say so here >__>. I heard craiigg, jam, king funk or bear wanted to be in, so why don't they post their info? I think King Funk said he was in in one of those posts so it's okay with him, but to others: if you want to be in the crew SAY IT HERE FFS!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

Why is it so hard to post something on smashboards T__T.

I do think that the more players there are in each crew, the stronger EC will get.

Edit: there are 7 signups from EC and 4 from Europe (5 if I count King Funk in, but his post is rather confusing), so yeah we're waiting for Europe... As I told them, if it's really so hard to post here, I can do it for them, they just have to tell me on msn that they want to signup.

Updated rule

After the signups are complete, I will draw two lists of player. Each of them will then elect a captain for his region. The captain will then decide who will be kept and who won't. In other words, the captain will decide of the crew members, so be careful when electing your captain. Indeed you have to choose one who is competent enough to know the level of the players and who know who's good in which matchup, etc.

EDIT2: I've had other confirmations, so I'll post them here

Name: Bear
Region/State/Country: European Forest
Time preference (Morning/Day/Night) : Night

Name: Jam
Region/State/Country: UK

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman

Every Euro would rather every set i played with them not to count.
What's all this passive-aggressive nonsense? If you want to represent your crews properly then you'll need to insult each other like MEN.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Name: King Funk
Region/State/Country: Denmark
Time preference (Morning/Day/Night) : Afternoon/Night

Mahie

Smash Lord
Don't expect more than 8 players from Europe. If EC has 8 as well, then we can do 8vs8 or 7vs7.

You can already tell the crew will be like this , Squall (in no particular order):
- Fays
- Mahie
- Bear
- Maddy
- Jam
- Craig
- King Funk
(- Dandan)

After that handful of players, the level tends to drop, and I don't think it'll be worth it. Not sure what Surri is talking about ( More players => More likely to win? lol.), but it's not a good idea.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Don't expect more than 8 players from Europe. If EC has 8 as well, then we can do 8vs8 or 7vs7.

You can already tell the crew will be like this , Squall (in no particular order):
- Fays
- Mahie
- Bear
- Maddy
- Jam
- Craig
- King Funk
(- Dandan)

After that handful of players, the level tends to drop, and I don't think it'll be worth it. Not sure what Surri is talking about ( More players => More likely to win? lol.), but it's not a good idea.
Why do you expect Craig to play with us lol... xD

craiigg

Smash Lord
I'm in, Bring it EC - Who you got that can beat me, Fays or Mahie cause it certainly won't be Surri ;)

Battlecow

Play to Win
What's all this passive-aggressive nonsense? If you want to represent your crews properly then you'll need to insult each other like MEN.
Yo strangelove, I noticed that your fat *** hasn't signed up. I'm honestly not surprised; anyone who can pretend to like the UK must be physically incapable of playing smash. I mean, you could try to pick up a controller, but it'd just get lost in your enormous rolls of John Bull hand-fat. EC is gonna **** your region so hard that all of your players are gonna move to Amsterdam just to get cheap abortions. The only consolation that they'll be able to offer each other as they lay bloody-thighed in some operating room is that at least they weren't foolish enough to challenge the Midwest.

Wut.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I dunno I gotta agree with Surri.

All 3-4 times I've played you craiigg, at 5 frames, you've gotten upset at the delay and left after 1-2 games.

This is all talk anyway. I doubt it will happen, just like the 1st try.

Top Bottom