• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Eureka! The Ultimate Spike is Possible!

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure this concept exists already but I'm not sure if anyone has confirmed that it is possible with Oli: the footstool to spike combo. I managed to pull one off on a G&W at the tourney last weekend. The combo, though difficult to time, is undoubtedly a true combo. Just wanted to bring the good news and help those olimars out there who didn't already know about this one, since i'm sure its been done before by some of the pros. Another thing: metaknight's up-B can be footstooled :D

I love thinking of the possibilities.

Since I like naming my combos, I'm definitely going to go with "Smokey Progg Spike" for this one, though I will admit that "Squishing Baby Bulborbs Spike" is pretty dang awesome, even if it doesn't roll off of the tongue.

shanus

Smash Hero
it works, but is prety hard to time. ive done it on many occasions where the dair connects but since it wasnt sweetspotted as they move during the footstool they actually got hit upwards/to the side

In terms of being done already i figure a lot of olimars have done it, i know both shrink and I have clips of it in both of our combo vid trailers

and naming combos = sadpanda

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I love doing it for kicks. I'll edgehog my friend's last life and just before he dies, I'll FS>dair him to his death. It's great!

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
it works, but is prety hard to time. ive done it on many occasions where the dair connects but since it wasnt sweetspotted as they move during the footstool they actually got hit upwards/to the side

In terms of being done already i figure a lot of olimars have done it, i know both shrink and I have clips of it in both of our combo vid trailers

and naming combos = sadpanda
I do this a lot :p...it shows up in my videos and yes naming comboes makes shrink a sad panda...but landing toadstool to dair makes me a giggly panda :D

IcyLight

Smash Lord
Another thing: metaknight's up-B can be footstooled :D
Can anyone else confirm if this can be footstooled during any frame of his loop? Or is it a specific time?

And yes, this is very easy to pull off while edge guarding. Sometimes when you go to hug they try to up-b past you (like marth) in which most ppl jump and u air at this time, but it's possible to jump from ledge to footstool spike almost immediately (less than 1 second) and extremely hard to recovery from because it's so fast. Good **** though

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone else confirm if this can be footstooled during any frame of his loop? Or is it a specific time?

And yes, this is very easy to pull off while edge guarding. Sometimes when you go to hug they try to up-b past you (like marth) in which most ppl jump and u air at this time, but it's possible to jump from ledge to footstool spike almost immediately (less than 1 second) and extremely hard to recovery from because it's so fast. Good **** though
It was either Wobbles or Infinity (I'm thinkin' Wobbles, but either works) who told me that Metaknight's upB can be footstooled. They're some of the best Metaknight players in Texas, so I took whichever's word it was for it. I'm sure it would still take crazy timing or alot of button mashing, but I've always assumed it could be done.

Sadpanda or not, I think its worthy of a name, its just to epic and satisfying not to have one.
How about SBB Spike, or Bulborb Spike?
I used bulborb spiker for my dthrow to d'air combo, and since anything below Progg dies, I just figured...
and SBB spike sounds dull. Anybody know of a good enemy to name this thing after? I always said that I would name the most epic combo I ever found the Bane of Bulbax, but it didn't quite seem appropriate...

when it's a sexy name like "Squishing Baby Bulborbs Spike" how can you not like it?
"Squishing Baby Bulborbs Spike" is just too much of a mouthfull for me to like as a combo name, regardless of it's humerous appeal. Something that rolls off of the toungue seems more appropriate for such a quick combo, IMO.

Awex

Smash Lord
>>

<<

You guys are weird, lol.

I like going into that one dungeon in pikmin 2 with the level with like a hundred small bulborbs and just throwing purples in every direction. So much squishing and squealing.

I think that level had gatling groinks too though. **** those things D:

Top Bottom