• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

escaping fox's Uair

quak

Smash Champion
air dodge, thats about all you can do. You're floaty, your gigantic, and you're light.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Teleport, works majority of the time except at very low percentages. Many opponents are thrown off by how effective it is at stopping combos. To get out of a rotating stumble, push left then right on the joystick one time really quick.

mcc

Smash Ace
Teleport, works majority of the time except at very low percentages. Many opponents are thrown off by how effective it is at stopping combos.
i got firefoxed 9 times in a row to my death and I used teleport every time

yeah, i would suggest teleport too. airdodgeing seems like it would leave you vulnerable cause it doesn't cover much distance (though you become invisible). just make sure you don't teleport like i do :laugh:

Airo

Smash Lord
Richmond, BritishColumbia, Canada (williams+railw
Have you tryed putting up your sheild?It may help but it gets you off balance though.
hm???

I thought you couldn't smash DI throws....don't you just have to hold to DI from throws? fox's throw release iq quick so if you haven't input and held the direction you wanna DI it won't work.
smash DIs work exceptionally well with throws, especially since the timing is very easy to catch on with experience.

and i am sure that i have my DI, diagonally away from him too.. its just that the tumble is too heavy and inescapable.

thankyou dguy for ur imput, ill try doing the left and right thing and teleport to recover from tumble animation. but i have to wait the the next smashfest to see if it works =p.

and i dano, if i CAN recover from the stumble by hitting left and right, perhaps airdodge would be a better option since it has less frames. but then again teleport in the air IS slightly faster than on ground. i will see =]

Falco Col

Smash Rookie
Hi... I don't play mewtwo, but I play falco, who's almost fox, Right?

Anyway, in my most recent match, my mate used mewtwo against my Falco. I was ****** him, belive it or not, then I went for the Uthrow/Uair combo. Guess what? he teleported. He landed under me, so I went Dair. He got me with the Usmash.

Course, we didn't get a winner. We drew.

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
Scissors Sir is right, you can not smash DI throws

and try DIing away from fox and/or up, mewtwo is too floaty for fox's uthrow to uair combo to work even near 80%

Dice

Smash Lord
Can you not smash DI the first hit of fox's up air (his upair hits twice most of the time). Watch the vid of Chu's pichu vs aho's fox, he never gets hit by the full stregnth of up throw upair, it appears as if he's smash DIing the first hit of the upair, it is very sexy but very tough.

Airo

Smash Lord
hm.... i havnt tried that.

i just went to another smash fest yesterday and made a definate conclusion that fox is one of mewtwo's worst match ups, since the fox Uair is the most deadly Uair in the game and it is so inescapable.

but ill have to try this one... it might save me from dying at 80%. but after that... even at a 90, mewtwo flies like a rocket.

Airo

Smash Lord
OMg.... that is sick hahahhhaa
i get it

you smash DI left or right so that the first useless kick hits you out of range so that the second deadly hit misses.

very interesting, i will definately have to try this.

i dano if this works for mewtwo though.... he IS a MUCH larger target than pichu.
will have to see.
ill have to wait till my next smashfest though....which would be next week if im not busy.
anyone care to test this out?

side note:
MOOKIRAH !! TAJ !! where are you guys when we need your expertise.

Tongji

Smash Journeyman
I had the honor of playing tink as of late and the U throw to U air combo was his game against me. at lower percents I coudn't really do anything about it other than DI and airdoge, but at higher percents I could teleport diagonally away from him or teleport directly below. This tactic seemed to work quite well, usaually I could escape to a safe distance and begin the attack again. It is possible to make fox's U air "ghost hit" just like the pichu video. Even with mewtwo's big size I have done it. All you really have to do is just watch out for that U throw because that is what is going to screw you over when playing a good fox. So this is the stratagy I thought up. If the Fox's spacing when he is performing a drill shine, or wave shine is somewhat off you can shield grab him with relative ease, however if the spaceing is correct you need to take a differn't route. Maybe a SHFFL nair or wavedash backward to a down or forward tilt. Other than that good luck.

Soanevalck

Smash Ace
you don't need to smash DI to escape the second hit of fox's uair

I believe this was discussed on another topic, and the conclusion was that chu didnt ever smash DI, instead since pichu was a small target he could use automatic smash DI and regular DI to escape fox's uthrow to uair

he could only do so when he DIed fox's uthrow to the side which made fox's uair barely hit pichu, enough so that pichu could keep DIing to the side in time to escape the second hit

it was also concluded that when fox aimed his uair correctly, even smash DI couldn't save you from the second hit

so, mewtwo might be able to do it, but he's a much bigger target than pichu

SrL04

Smash Apprentice
Dguy has it right I think, the only way I escape is to just teleport...but I think at lower percents you can't dodge it...so frustrating--

quak

Smash Champion
to sum up:

if you're not stunned, teleport would be your best option, this is relying on your opponents mistake though

if you are still stunned from the up through, smash Di (or Double Stick Di doesnt matter) is all you can really do. This is also relying on your opponent to **** up and not jump high enough for his up air

this is a big reason why fox should always beat a mewtwo

(not mentioned yet: i like to DI away and nick the fox with a fair, it works many times, but you'll die if the fox reads your DI regardless)

slave1

Smash Lord
i find it helpful to Smash DI and do a back air. it cause you to instantle go in that direction and down. it moves you in a wierd way making it a little harder for them ot hit you.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
to sum up:

if you're not stunned, teleport would be your best option, this is relying on your opponents mistake though

if you are still stunned from the up through, smash Di (or Double Stick Di doesnt matter) is all you can really do. This is also relying on your opponent to **** up and not jump high enough for his up air

this is a big reason why fox should always beat a mewtwo

(not mentioned yet: i like to DI away and nick the fox with a fair, it works many times, but you'll die if the fox reads your DI regardless)
Thread over.

If the enemy Fox is able to grab you and is halfway decent with upthrow to up air, you lose. You can only win if you can avoid getting grabbed with a high level of effectiveness, which once again comes from just being better than the opponent.

Top Bottom