• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escaping Dedede's Chaingrab

Smashed Potatoes

Smash Rookie
My brother mains Dedede, and I have a difficult time getting out of it. It is especially frustrating when he has me against a wall (i think that's unescapable?) However, if it's on maps like FD or battlefield, how would I DI out of the grab? If I tech, he'll techchase me with a dash attack if I tech away, or a downsmash if I roll towards him. I'm not sure what to do now...any advice?

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Just avoid the grab, you can't escap it when he has gotten you in his arms, except when you hit the edge of the stage, or if he fails grabbing, almost impossible to DI out of it.

Cheers.

Meta_Sonic64

Smash Master
Almost impossible to DI? You can't DI out of it, you can only hope that they can't CG consistently, but D3 can just take one step to regrab you, he doesn't have to dash.

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
In the latest vids Gimpyfish put up, at times he could up b but at other times he didn't not sure if the Dedede didnt grab right consistently of if you DI away and up b you can get out or something

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i someitmes use ddd for fun and my buddy uses bowser... when i am chaingrabing he almost never gets out of it till now =] he found a way to do it

simply do an up-B on the ground and right before ddd grabs u there are like 2-4 frames taht ddd can either grab u or mostlikey the person doesnt notice thoes few frames so he waits a little if u do it fast enough,before ddd grabs u again, you can hit ddd with ur up b on the ground before he grabs :)

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
my friend sometimes gets out of it and laughs at me...

cause i'm not warmed up and there is no escape. infact you might get infinited if the d3 is good.

and if the bowser tries to do anything (upB included) d3 will just take some damage and grab the koopa king again.... if stated earlier he messed up. i would just recommend only playing bowser in casuals against dedede

Buuman

Smash Ace
Don't get grabbed, theres no way to avoid getting chain grabbed by a Bad/good dedede player that can chain grab <,<

Top Bottom