• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Escape from the bell : stunmashing

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
As you know on my last video I did a lot of bell setups and some people say that you can escape from the bell mashing buttons. It is the first time I heard it.

Is it real? Did Anyone test it?

I need help!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As you know on my last video I did a lot of bell setups and some people say that you can escape from the bell mashing buttons. It is the first time I heard it.

Is it real? Did Anyone test it?

I need help!
Wouldn't that then apply to Zamus's Paralyzer as well or like?

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
They said that there are some attacks that can be button mashed, others not. Not sure which ones...

NimbusSpark

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NimbusSpark
Honestly, I have to say that you should not trust what these people have to say unless they actually have cold hard evidence, such as a YouTube video or a .gif image file showing proof of it.

I assume they're just thinking the Smash DI (where you can mash your stick repeatedly to move to a certain direction after being hit) applies to paralysis, but that's just a theory.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
I don't belive it , that's why I'm asking. Some people blame that some killing traps of my video can be avoided with button mashing....

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I think the reason you're hearing this is because in Brawl mashing out of stuns was legit, and in this game you can still mash to shorten shield break duration.

HOWEVER, I have yet to see anything showing mashing help people get out of stun moves faster. Pretty sure in fact that this is not a thing in this game.
That said, stun time is much more heavily influenced by % in this game than it was in Brawl.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I think people are confusing button mashing with people trying these kill setups at a lower percent. Or people taking their time doing the setups.

Last edited:

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
You can't mash out of bell stun lol. I've heard this even back in the beginning days of smash 4. It's been proven that you can't mash out of it.

People have been trolling you

Last edited:

BSP

Smash Legend
These complainers are probably the same people that thought jab locking wasn't a true lock.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
I feel so unappreciated on these boards lol. I've heard you can reduce stun time if you're crouching when you get stunned at the very least.

Splebel

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it. Smashwiki lists paralyze and stun as two different things. Stun can be reduced but it says nothing about that on Paralyze.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I feel so unappreciated on these boards lol. I've heard you can reduce stun time if you're crouching when you get stunned at the very least.
That one actually sounds possible. IDK for sure and probably won't ever test it, but crouch canceling does have a significant effect in this game. I wouldn't be too surprised if it affected stun time.

PEPESPAIN

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PEPESPAIN
3DS FC
1306-8476-2667
Thanks all for your comments. That's what I thought

Top Bottom