• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ES lag cancelling

Whoa, hey guys.

• Hey

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Welcome to eb games

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
I just recently picked up Lucario but have been labbing him like crazy. I'm not fimilar with the Lucario meta all that much but I thought I'd mention it after not seeing it in the Lucario Guide.

So basically there are two variations of ES in a sense. One for movement (calling it ES2 for the sake of this thread if it has another name let me know), and one for recovery. As you know ES has TERRIBLE ending lag after landing on the ground after a recovery but I found out when recovering of you hit the ground fast enough (implying no edge-cling) and at a certain angle (down right/down left) you can switch into ES2 while landing on the stage.

This was probably known already but you can't do ES2 on platforms (landing).

You can however do them off platforms (timing is a bit hard.) from what I tested so far you have to initiate ES down then right before you hit the ground angle to the side. Only tested it on Battlefield so far.

This has great potential for landing options/mix-ups due to little/no end lag.

You can also reverse ES2 so when you switch over from ES to ES2 you can do a reverse Neutral B or something for dank mind games.

Like I said though I have no experience in the Lucario meta at all but didn't find it in the main guide so I figured i'd mention it.

Edit: forgot to mention, I tested the platform ES2 around 50% don't know if it works at low percents (works high already tested)

Last edited:

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
I'll post a video if you guys don't get what I mean i'm pretty bad at explaining lol

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
Welcome to Lucario!

I am afraid to say we already know about this. Angling ES is so important and can make a life or death situation. Thank you for labbing though.

Try practing a 90 degree lagless ES from offstage. Can be quite tricky, but the movement options really pay off. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Cornbrd

Smash Cadet
Welcome to Lucario!

I am afraid to say we already know about this. Angling ES is so important and can make a life or death situation. Thank you for labbing though.

Try practing a 90 degree lagless ES from offstage. Can be quite tricky, but the movement options really pay off. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thanks!

Top Bottom