• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Error Code 85010

tral

Smash Cadet
I get a message saying "error code 85010" whenever I attempt to play Wi-Fi "With Anyone". "With Friends" works just fine though. This pops up after a few minutes of searching. I haven't played a successful game yet.

Anyone else experiencing this? Anyone have any idea how to make it stop? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
same for me :x
i've heard its because theres too many people online but I dunno

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
Same case here, but i guess its because of the Brawl servers, probably nintendo doesnt have too many servers working atm of just need more, but i hope this gets fixed soon.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I'm having the same problem. I got into a total of one anyone game yesterday but it lagged to hell and back.

moonym

Smash Rookie
Yep, it's happening to a lot of people, me included. Funny thing though is that whenever I go to spectator mode there's always a match being played. I guess for now all we can do is wait for Nintendo to get some more servers up, or just play with friends :/

stfunerds

Smash Apprentice
same problem here. The most I got to was it P2 found when ur on the sandbag screen, but then P2 left. It's either 85010, 85020, or some other error message. Most consistently 85010. Nintendo better fix this soon.

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
It did that for a while and then began working fine. In fact...lemme check now...

Yeah, it's working fine for me. Weird.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
It will get fixed. Its probably just because there are massive amounts of people trying to play.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
same problem here. I can play with friends fine but i only have so many friends on at one time... Plus there's not a ton of ppl that I know have brawl, gotta check at school I guess.

LokiBoki

Smash Rookie
Same problem. But for some reason it worked yesterday morning and this morning. Only at night is when I can't play "with anyone".

The Director

Smash Lord
I've been having the same problem, as well. I haven't really been able to get online, and when I did it was only for 3 lag infested friend matches.

I've gotten booted from WFC a couple of times with different error messages. Does that mean it's Nintendo or me?

MrSplitter

Smash Rookie
Well I'm glad to know it's not just my connection that sucks :D
I haven't had the chance to try a with friends match yet but I played 2 with anyone matches and it lagged so bad it was unplayable... I haven't been able to play another match since... I hope they get it fixed soon...

FoolyCoolyGamer

Smash Cadet
good thing i'm not the only one this is happening to. it'l probably take a couple of days for the ball to get rolling, so to speak. oddly enough i can play "with anyone"but i haven't even connected once to a "with friends" match.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
MY issue is that I don't even have the options button in the wifi menu. All I have is with friends and with anyone.

NO OPTION BUTTON.

HOW am I supposed to get around that? I WANT FREE LEVELS ;A;

Red Exodus

Smash Master
That's weird, I have an option button and I didn't even do anything, it was there from the start.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
From what it sounds it just simply problems on Nintendo's end this happens often with big game releases. As far as the error I simply try again later and evenutally I do get a game or two in before it dies again XD

Fou

Smash Rookie
MY issue is that I don't even have the options button in the wifi menu. All I have is with friends and with anyone.

NO OPTION BUTTON.

HOW am I supposed to get around that? I WANT FREE LEVELS ;A;
Ya that happened to me too apparantly the only way to resolve it is to erase your game and start over, I did it and it worked for me. It's pretty ****ing lame they have no explanation for why some people don't have an optino menu and some do but this is confirmed you erase your game data while in brawl and restart, it will be there.

superninja

Smash Cadet
same here. Let me just say this to put things in prespective...when Guitar Hero 3 came out, it took them nearly over a week to figure everything out. (xbox 360)

Oh, and also, since I have not been able to have a single online match with anyone, does anyone know if there is a way to see your wins/losses? Or does this not exist?

Top Bottom