• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Equipment Glitch/Bug [Permanent x1.725 Dmg]

ZobmieRules

Smash Cadet
When I equip both my "Unharmed Attacker Brawl Badge", as well as my "Trade-Off Attacker Sacred Treasures" to Dark Pit, and use him in battle in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, the "unharmed" effect never vanishes. I'm permanently at 1.725 damage, much to my friend's and comrade's chagrin.

-I can be hit for the entirety of the match, yet the "unharmed" effect doesn't disappear.
-Following this set-up, it can literally never disappear for the duration of the match.
-I've unequipped and re-equipped, shuffled equipment around, et cetera. It works every single time for every character I've applied it to. (The three "Kid Icarus" characters, but only them because of "Sacred Treasures" equipment being locked to them exclusively, so I'm unable to test further.)
-I'm unfortunately unable to test more combinations, as I only have one "unharmed" equipment, and only one "trade-off" equipment, as I've only started playing yesterday.

I assume this is all caused because the "trade-off" effect is bypassing the "unharmed" effect, and never flagging that "unharmed" should be turned off. And due to this hypothesis, I also assume that this works with any "trade-off" effect combined with any "unharmed" effect on any character. If this bug is well-known or it's not a mistake and I'm just being dim, please let me know. But, I searched online and found no trace of my situation. If I've wasted time / broken rules, I duly apologize.

I believe it to be a bug, and as much as I want to keep my wonderful permanent 1.725 damage, I believe this should be dealt with. Seems like a simple fix.

Last edited:

pacha

Smash Rookie
NNID
DeLiwanyanoNika
3DS FC
0877-2647-5564
I tried to reproduce this using both Charizard and ZSS and couldn't. I used various trade off and unharmed equipment and they all produce different colors for their bonus effects.

red - attack
blue - defense
green - speed

Mixing more than one displays a mix of both or all colors and it doesn't matter which type of equipment you get the effect from the colors appear the same(except for all around trade off equipment which give off additional rainbows).

I equipped ZSS with trade-off attack and unharmed speedster and when the match started she glowed red. When I healed her she glowed red and green, when she got hit again it was back to red and healing again brought back both colors.

It seems that the game correctly assigns the bonuses according to the current status of the character.

I was really hoping that there was a glitch because I wanted to use it to make a super strong amiibo, but it looks like I can't use this to do that.

I'm no expert but this is what I could find out. Hope it helps.

Top Bottom