• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

English speaking fans annoying Sakurai on twitter?

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Its a mystery why he won't just block some of these people or close his twitter. He clearly posted "Please note that I won't be able to answer any questions." on his profile and yet the harrassment continues. I mean its clear that the guy doesn't speak any english so why would you even ask a question in english in the first place?

https://twitter.com/search/realtime?q=@Sora_Sakurai&src=typd

Please take note of "Phil" who seems to enjoy spamming him every hour about impossible and ridiculous additions to the game.

update:

Phil is at it again and now hes gone to even greater lengths to annoy our favorite Smash Creator. It seems that hes now moved to google translate (which too bad for him translates badly) and keeps asking for Jigglypuff and Toonlink to be cut as well as trying to shame and guilt trip him into putting Lip in the game -_- Hes messing up with what we did earlier (#YouCanDoItSakurai) when we gave messages of support. We really need to stop him because hes making us look bad. Even Japanese fans aren't even badgering Sakurai like this.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It's simple, from my many experiences on the internet I shall give you a scientific answer: people can't read.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
My heavens, it's baffling to me how people can be so thick as to bother somebody that much on twitter...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
My heavens, it's baffling to me how people can be so thick as to bother somebody that much on twitter...

They did it during PSAS, hundreds of people bugging the crap out of Activision for Crash. I felt bad for the people who run the thing :( Seriously THOUSANDS of tweets from people over and over...

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
They did it during PSAS, hundreds of people bugging the crap out of Activision for Crash. I felt bad for the people who run the thing :( Seriously THOUSANDS of tweets from people over and over...
Well I can understand thousands of people tweeting at someone. But one dude tweeting him dozens of times a day? It's just.... he needs a better hobby.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Normally I'd say I couldn't possibly understand, but then I evaluate how much time myself and others have spent on speculation, so I just leave it alone. Glass houses and all that jazz. Regardless, I'm pretty sure Sakurai has a way of tuning it out.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
It's people like this that make developers weary of speaking to the fandom.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
So I decided to check out what else Phil has tweeted because, well, it seemed all he'd tweeted was to Sakurai... Read from the bottom up.

Maybe centuries.
United we trust.

... goddamnit Phil

Kapus

Smash Ace
NNID
Kaplus4
3DS FC
3626-0411-0921
It's simple, from my many experiences on the internet I shall give you a scientific answer: people can't read.
Or rather, they simply don't take the time to read the important stuff. They just want Sakurai to put their favorite characters in the game.

People are inconsiderate.

PadWarrior

Smash Ace
NNID
Smasboards suck
So I decided to check out what else Phil has tweeted because, well, it seemed all he'd tweeted was to Sakurai... Read from the bottom up.

Maybe centuries.
United we trust.

... goddamnit Phil
Wow! Who is this guy? LOL

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
This is pretty much the case for anyone that's a celebrity or high profile person on Twitter. Not to say that the constant harassment isn't deplorable but this is merely the nature of the beast.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
This is pretty much the case for anyone that's a celebrity or high profile person on Twitter. Not to say that the constant harassment isn't deplorable but this is merely the nature of the beast.

But one person aka Phil posting 100 tweets to you a day is a bit much isn't? (he even tweeted him horrible drawings of Lip, desperate much) Its like that person has some twisted sense of entitlement.

No one wants to get 100 tweets from a person whose native language they can't understand (which pretty much makes the whole thing pointless and just annoying)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
But one person aka Phil posting 100 tweets to you a day is a bit much isn't? (he even tweeted him horrible drawings of Lip, desperate much) Its like that person has some twisted sense of entitlement.

No one wants to get 100 tweets from a person whose native language they can't understand (which pretty much makes the whole thing pointless and just annoying)
Oh, don't get me wrong, I totally agree but most celebrities have at least one super obsessed fan that's completely mentally unstable. Blocking them or saying something may encourage even more irrational behavior so a lot of celebrities simply go the silent route to deal with it.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Phil is hilarious. He should definitely be in SSB4.
Phil would make a great AT.
Perfect. You pickup his assist trophy and he doesn't actually do any damage but just keeps yelling bad suggestions at you for the rest of the game. The effect of this assist trophy never wears off.
Not even if your character dies.
Not even if the game ends.
NOT EVEN IF YOU TURN OFF THE CONSOLE.
NOT EVEN IN YOUR DREAMS.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Seriously have some friggin decency and run it through google translate XD

I doubt he'd be mad about receiving tons of compliments. Language barriers aren't really an issue on the internet, webpages translate themselves now. Recieving Phil's dumbass tweets every day would brighten up anyone's day.

Looking at the more recent comments on his twitter revealed some interesting pics, like this one of Sakurai playing smash by himself...

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
He's obviously annoyed by the fan, how can you blame him. It's like the only thing he did in his life is Smash Bros.

To be honest though, Nintendo developers should learn some english. Like, really, it's 2013.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
Japanese people and english. You could write a book on that, lol. I remember after I had studied japanese for two years, and we had some exchange student in Stockholm who we went to the same english course with. And these people had been studying english for ten years at least. But me and my friend had to explain everything to them... In japanese, damn it! So fascinating.

I love Iwata's english though, I think it's the main reason he got to be CEO for Nintendo.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
IIRC most of them actually do, but choose rather to use a professional translator in order to avoid embarrassing mistranslations.
The most famous don't though, like Miyamoto.
Iwata is awesome, even though I'm sure he reads during his Directs, but he's so cute and funny.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Phil's twitter made me laugh until my head was hurting.

I thought at first this had to be a kid, but then I saw him tweeting Suzanne Sommers. :joyful:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Just your average internet troll... or someone incredibly stupid. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish both.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dang I thought this Phil kid wasn't that bad until I read this tweet

"As for me a fan of clean adventure games. I think Conker Twelve Tales should return for Xbox 360."

PlayerXIII

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShailsPT
3DS FC
3652-1682-9410
Phil made my day. Going to check his twitter every day from now on.

Also poor Sakurai. The internet needs to learn to read, seriously. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even bother checking his twitter with all that in there. I can see with game developers don't like to get too involved with the community.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
I can't wait 'til Smash 4 is released and all of those people are disappointed because their absurd character idea's didn't make it to Smash 4.

And that Phil guy...oh lawd

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
While I agree that people need to stop bothering him, any public figure who signs up for Twitter is signing up to wade through an ocean of idiots, and they should be aware of that.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
And then Sakurai thought "we all are dumb fans who were trying to encourage him out of just getting him warmed up to us in order to SPAM HIS TWITTER WITH CHARACTER SUGGESTIONS", and turned his back on us for eternity.

Kidding kidding. But good grief, isn't this ridiculous. Expected, but ridiculous.

What's dumber is that we went to give encouraging words few days ago and then some dope spams this guy's twitter to no end.

But man, never laughed so much in my life about 'em.

EDIT: Big fan of Lip (and May as I can see).

I think I shouldn't be thinking of saying "Sakurai, don't include Lip after seeing this guy's crazy tweets", but I actually feel inclined to do so. Holy ****, this guy's ****ing hilarious.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I don't imagine that Sakurai uses his twitter to receive tweets nearly as much as for sending them out. It's a platform to get information out to the masses, but for someone like him, it's pretty much useless for receiving it.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I don't imagine that Sakurai uses his twitter to receive tweets nearly as much as for sending them out. It's a platform to get information out to the masses, but for someone like him, it's pretty much useless for receiving it.

Makes sense. Just if Twitter had these sort of "accounts" which could make you not receive tweets, rather just send them... could really filter out dumb stuff unless you log off.

Or better, make it that your tweet username can't be tweeted at all? At least in situations like these.

But back on-topic.

grizby2

Smash Lord
wow, phil actually made me make a twitter account. this guy should be freakin hilarious.

110% this ^^^^

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
It comes down to the anonymity of the internet you're not talking to someone face to face so people don't have the inhibitions they normally would talking in person. Being faceless and talking to someone else who is also pretty much faceless means people don't care if they badger or harass because there's no real repercussions on-line. You're not going to get into any kind of a physical confrontation on the internet so people use that as a reason to be an obnoxious jerk.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
And then Sakurai thought "we all are dumb fans who were trying to encourage him out of just getting him warmed up to us in order to SPAM HIS TWITTER WITH CHARACTER SUGGESTIONS", and turned his back on us for eternity.

Kidding kidding. But good grief, isn't this ridiculous. Expected, but ridiculous.

What's dumber is that we went to give encouraging words few days ago and then some dope spams this guy's twitter to no end.

But man, never laughed so much in my life about 'em.

EDIT: Big fan of Lip (and May as I can see).

I think I shouldn't be thinking of saying "Sakurai, don't include Lip after seeing this guy's crazy tweets", but I actually feel inclined to do so. Holy ****, this guy's ****ing hilarious.

I was wondering what was the whole "you can do it" thing. Who started it?

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
Phil is at it again and now hes gone to even greater lengths to annoy favorite Smash Creator. It seems that hes now moved to google translate (which too bad for him translates badly) and keeps asking for Jigglypuff and Toonlink to be cut as well as trying to shame and guilt trip him into putting Lip in the game -_- Hes messing up with what we did earlier (#YouCanDoItSakurai) when we gave messages of support. We really need to stop him because hes making us look bad. Even Japanese fans aren't even badgering Sakurai like this.

Top Bottom