• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ending The Drug War

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ecstasy is fairly low. Wow, that's pretty surprising.

Aesir

Smash Master
That's what I assumed. And I'm guessing that Class A is the most dangerous, so on and so forth?
Those classes represent their classification today, the graph it's self represents how dangerous they really are based on the study.

For instance there's a large misconception that marijuana is a very dangerous substance, yet it's listed far lower then Tobacco and Alcohol.

Neisan

Smash Cadet
]Well of course we don't have proof, technically nothing can be scientifically proven. But beyond that, not proving something is no reason to legalize marijuana. Knowing that marijuana already causes deaths in America (I posted info on this below) should mean that we have to almost prove that it isn't harmful.
Of course we can't solidly prove it. But we haven't found substantial evidence that could prove to it being addictive. MOre on the rest later.

Considering the possibly large amounts of deaths it could cause through factors such as DUI, this shouldn't be our primary focus. We could make plenty of currently illegal products legal, put huge taxes on them, and make them legal, but does that mean the product would be good for society? No.
I suppose we should make alcohol illegal as well. Oh wait...we tried that. Loads of alcohol related deaths in cars. Also, in terms of impairment in the road, marijuana is definitely less. Alcohol can blur vision, dizziness, etc. Weed normally just mellows you out.

Wrong. Look back through the thread.

Actually, nevermind, I'll re-post it.
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-driving-statistics.html
Amount of alcohol related deaths. The amount of deaths in 1 state is about the amount that weed kills in 1 state. Btw, your source led to a broken link.

I don't think anyone ever claimed that marijuana enrages the user. It does, however, impair them, and has been linked to lung and testicular cancer (not proven, but it is highly suspected of being a factor in them).
Impair? Not really. You aren't passed out on the floor or even dizzy. You can walk fine, some people can even drive. You're using impair like how alcohol at high doses impairs. The difference is substantial. I'm not saying that weed doesn't have an effect (it obviously does) bu it isn't huge. And of course lung cancer is a possibility. You smoke anything there is that chance.

True, parts of it have medical purposes. As I mentioned before (4th page), Cannabidiol, which is part of marijuana, can be helpful. However, that's no reason to legalize marijuana, seeing as it also contains dangerous chemicals such as THC. I'm not saying all parts of marijuana should be banned, I'm just saying as a whole it is dangerous.
Cigarettes. Legal, yet FAR more dangerous chemicals that marijuana. If something with loads of poisons is legal, I don't think THC should just completely stop it. The medical purposes outweigh that.

This hasn't been proven.
Until even slightly decent evidence is found for physical addiction, I'm under the assumption it's not addictive.

You might want to look through the third and fourth page of this thread to see some of my arguments, if you're interested.

Example of something important:

The source being this.
I can't quite believe it's more dangerous than cigarettes in terms of chemicals. Eh, I'll wait for more studies for a response on that though.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to look at the big picture and trying to be a bit bold here.

Regardless the drug being sold, the war is not going to end.

I have some knowledge with cartels, and such and I'm to share that with you here:

First, the profits:

We all know that you get money for selling drugs. But not as much as you would thing. If you just started working for the cartel you are in what is called "Tier 4." This section of the cartel has the most members. There are three main jobs of this section and one of them is to literally sell drugs.

People in this section selling drugs do not get much profit because they only keep around 7% of the money given. The other 93% is passed up to "Tier 3." Tier 3 takes about 10% of the money given to them. They pass it up to "Tier 2." Tier 2 is special because its the highest anyone can go if they worked their way up the ropes. Tier 2 takes about 30 % of the money passed to them. Then they pass it up to "Tier 1." Who takes about 80% of that money to profit and stores the rest. The storage deposit is simply for keeping people on their good side, but that does not pertain to this debate.

All the drugs listed above go for a certain price, usually for pound. When Tier 4 has sold enough, the money is sent up the chain.

Now the addictive properties of each drug is different. The cartels know that.

Cartels are usually located in heavily populated areas. Two cartels trying to fight for one area all boils down to whether one either:

1 Outsells the other, and creates a total monopoly. This makes the winning cartel ridiculously powerful.

2 Smokes the other cartel away. Meaning destroys the entire cartel. This can damage the winning cartel.

3 Or an external force such as law enforcement get in the way.

Power of Cartel #1 = Cartel #2 means that an external force is the only thing that can stop war.

Power of Cartel #1 =/= Cartel #2 then all methods of stopping the war apply.

Generally the first case is never really there just because there usually is a dominating cartel that has matured battling a bunch of little ones who are the "new guys."

If one cartel is more powerful than the other, than it will win. When there is one cartel left standing, then there is no war.

I'm saying, in most cases, one cartel will win. It will be weakened by an external force and it will die. If you leave the war alone, then it will take care of itself.

The U.S is a case of scenario 2.

Mexico is a case of scenario 1.

Neisan

Smash Cadet
You're going to need to source for that, or at the very least tell us how you got the info (talking about the tiers and all of that), because I'm sure not all cartels work like that. At least not the one here. Why? I know people in them. They keep a large amount of the profits that they sell (probably around 30-50%)

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well that might be how it works in Mexico, and in gang related drug trafficking in the United states, but there are plenty of dealers out there who answer to no one. I don't doubt that many of them are accessing their wares from gangs, but on a whole organized crime tends to take care of larger operations and they sell to the people who are really accessing the people.

Im sure it varies from location to location in the United States, depending on how much gang activity they have in their local area.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Ehh...my thing is generally legit. A smart cartel keeps like above.

And my source is a book called "Freakanomics." Good read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom