• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

End of third party list?

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice

got this on the "NINTENDO CHANNEL"
basically, all companies involved in the game will be listed
(check out KONAMI for Snake and SEGA for Sonic)

I don't think Nintendo would be stupid enough to not list a third party company just for the sake of not leaking the hidden character.

Hence from the list, the best wish will be more 3rd party characters from KONAMI or SEGA.
No Spiderman, no megaman...

P.S. : APE = Creatures,
INTELLIGENT SYSTEMS = Paper Mario & Fire Emblem,
SHIGESATO ITOI = Mother

Nintendo Channel:

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
Well, they are smarter than you think. They did that upon revealing Sonic. SEGA wasn't on the list before Sonic was previewed on the Dojo.

benwest96

Smash Cadet
To be honest, I think that two 3rd-party characters are enough.

I'm still not too happy about Snake and Sonic's inclusion, but whatever.

Regarding the copyrights, keep in mind that on the Dojo, Sega wasn't listed on the bottom of the homepage until Sonic was announced.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No, what would be stupid is IF they listed them there...because people could check it...Just like you did

krynny

Smash Cadet
can you screenshot the main page with the cursor over the nintendo channel so i know what you are talking about? please.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Nintendo can put whatever they whant there as long as the other publishers agree. Say, if Megaman is in, and nintendo asks, hey we whant to put this here, but we whant to keep megaman secret, it's ok if we don't put capcom there as long as it is in the final game?

Capcom says "yes" it's done.

benwest96

Smash Cadet
Nintendo can put whatever they whant there as long as the other publishers agree. Say, if Megaman is in, and nintendo asks, hey we whant to put this here, but we whant to keep megaman secret, it's ok if we don't put capcom there as long as it is in the final game?

You pretty much nailed it right there.

pcamtz

Smash Apprentice
I don't think they would reveal it anyway, I mean, whatever company is in, does it really need to be copyrighted before the character is known? It wouldn't make sense (at least to me), simply put, would you need to be credited over something no one knows you did yet?

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice

Yes I can say that is possible.
But considering this as nintendo's most famous game, would a game company not want to get credit until the final game is released ?

Shuma

Smash Hero
Yes I can say that is possible.
But considering this as nintendo's most famous game, would a game company not want to get credit until the final game is released ?
I point you to the post by pcamtz above yours in the last page.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
... Why do people never do the slightest bit of research before making a claim like this...

If you look at the smash bros dojo, down at the bottom, you will see the exact same 10 companies listed as the ones in the Nintendo Channel.

So lets think... Do you really think all the remaining characters are gonna be from those companies listed? -_-

Kel

Smash Master
on the nintendo channel screen shot there are three selections. can you show us what pops up when you click the だいらんとう スマシユブラザズズx tvcm フアイタ(fighter) selection?

Japanese Monk

Smash Journeyman

Regarding the copyrights, keep in mind that on the Dojo, Sega wasn't listed on the bottom of the homepage until Sonic was announced.
You're lame.

dragonairex

Smash Apprentice
on the nintendo channel screen shot there are three selections. can you show us what pops up when you click the だいらんとう スマシユブラザズズx tvcm フアイタ(fighter) selection?
Those are flying messages before you enter the channel.
That section in the channel points you to the 4 commercials everyone is familiar on youtube.

again, this thread is just what i believe. no factual claims.

Sanji

Smash Apprentice
So you really think that those 10 companies will account for every character we have yet to hear about/unlock ourself? And you think that those 10 companies are the only companies even though the exact same 10 companies are listed on the Dojo, even though before Sonic was released, the Dojo companies were missing Sega?? You really dont put it together that maybe they are just (like every other supposed reveal) saying what is on the Dojo?

benwest96

Smash Cadet

You're lame.
So having a different opinion to you makes me lame? That's really mature.

Nezuko

Future Gadget Laboratory

I agree that Snake was a bit of a stretch in a game like Smash, but Sonic? No way!
Personally I am rooting for some Tails/Knuckles action... but all the 'leaked' stuff puts that as a big NO! :(

To all the guys saying Sega wasn't on the list until they announced Sonic.. I'd go ahead and assume you are right. The guys that own Megaman make a new megaman game every two weeks, you think they'd be against him being in Smash? Doubt it!

Blackadder

Smash Master
So having a different opinion to you makes me lame? That's really mature.
Yeah...
But Snake and Sonic are both champs! Snake has his arse visable at all times, and still manages to pull of being badass. And Sonic is...blue.

This gives them both the ancient power of awesome! :)

CreamPuffDoom

Smash Apprentice
Nice channel.

Yeah, looks like there won't be anymore third party. Wouldn't it be cool though if they fooled everyone into believing that, then updating on the 31st?

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
NaaaH!!!
I think two things:
1)IF there is a third extern character,the company where he comes from will be revealed unlocking him.
2)He would be revealde soon on Dojo...

Remember the absence of SEGA before Sonic's presentation?!?
Let's wait and see...

LavisFiend

Smash Lord

.....Because, you know, two characters completely dwarf the 40+ nintendo characters and ruin the game with their overwhelming number over the 40+ Nintendo characters that is two characters.....

Your post reeks of anti-change.

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I know these boards are for speculation, but people make crazy claims sometimes.

I think it means nothing. Yes, there's just as likely to be no third third party character as there is to be one, but the fact that the Dojo didn't update with "SEGA" until Sonic was updated makes this mean nothing in my eyes.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Wasn't it mentioned earlier by Inafune that he wasn't approached about Megaman's inclusion?

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
It's plausible that Sonic and Snake are the only 3rd parties. Still, Sakurai said 2-3 third parties, so they could easily update it if another 3rd party gets revealed.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Wasn't it mentioned earlier by Inafune that he wasn't approached about Megaman's inclusion?
Capcom owns Megaman. Inafune just made the guy. Capcom can make decisions without Inafune's say so as they own him. If they gave the green light to allow Megaman in Brawl, it does not have to reach Inafune's ears.

Inafune's statement did not rule Megaman out or state that he was in. It was also worded to make it believe that he WAS contacted and he is just lying to cover his rear.

Anyway you cut it, The conversation with Inafune means jack squat.

Welcome to the boards BTW.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
Capcom owns Megaman. Inafune just made the guy. Capcom can make decisions without Inafune's say so as they own him. If they gave the green light to allow Megaman in Brawl, it does not have to reach Inafune's ears.

Inafune's statement did not rule Megaman out or state that he was in. It was also worded to make it believe that he WAS contacted and he is just lying to cover his rear.

Anyway you cut it, The conversation with Inafune means jack squat.

Welcome to the boards BTW.
Thanks for the welcome.

Inafune is a senior corporate officer at Capcom. He'd have been one of the people to at least know about it. He has a fair amount of creative control at the company as well.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Thanks for the welcome.

Inafune is a senior corporate officer at Capcom. He'd have been one of the people to at least know about it. He has a fair amount of creative control at the company as well.
It still dosen't really matter because if he knows something, then the conversation still had a heavy air of doubt about it.

Need I point you towards SEGA denying Sonic's inclusion by saying something similar to what Inafune was saying when SEGA said that Sonic was "not on the cards at the moment?"

Megaman is good as in if they are being so hush-hush about it.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman
It still dosen't really matter because if he knows something, then the conversation still had a heavy air of doubt about it.

Need I point you towards SEGA denying Sonic's inclusion by saying something similar to what Inafune was saying when SEGA said that Sonic was "not on the cards at the moment?"

Megaman is good as in if they are being so hush-hush about it.
But there's a difference.

2 things:

1. The person who was being interviewed from Sega at the time was a Marketing Director.
2. We knew that Sonic had at least been sought after at the time. Inafune is saying he wasn't even asked.

I'm not against the inclusion. I'm just saying, having blind optimism at this point is going to suck when the 31st rolls around and we get a roster without Megaman, and 84 people come to the board screaming "WTF SAKURAI?! I HAD A DREAM! AND YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO READ MY THOUGHTS! AND SINCE YOU DIDN'T, THAT MAKES YOU A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING! AND I HOPE YOU GET DROP KICKED IN THE FACE BY MAN DRESSED IN A BEAR SUIT!"

You see what I mean.

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
But there's a difference.

2 things:

1. The person who was being interviewed from Sega at the time was a Marketing Director.
2. We knew that Sonic had at least been sought after at the time. Inafune is saying he wasn't even asked.

I'm not against the inclusion. I'm just saying, having blind optimism at this point is going to suck when the 31st rolls around and we get a roster without Megaman, and 84 people come to the board screaming "WTF SAKURAI?! I HAD A DREAM! AND YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO READ MY THOUGHTS! AND SINCE YOU DIDN'T, THAT MAKES YOU A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING! AND I HOPE YOU GET DROP KICKED IN THE FACE BY MAN DRESSED IN A BEAR SUIT!"

You see what I mean.
The biggest tipoff to what Inafune said is that, "Maybe Sakurai forgot to ask about megaman."

...You don't "forget" Megaman; he is way too big of a name to simply just "forget." Dude, it is a lie, and I am going to hold to that.

The biggest mistake you can make is assume that I am going to go bonkers if he dosen't make the cut. I will be surprised as all hell if he don't, but it dosen't matter; Olimar made it. In all truth, he was the only one I was desperately pulling for.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
.....Because, you know, two characters completely dwarf the 40+ nintendo characters and ruin the game with their overwhelming number over the 40+ Nintendo characters that is two characters.....

Your post reeks of anti-change.
LOL. I bet he'll vote Republican.

RedrappeR

Smash Journeyman

The biggest mistake you can make is assume that I am going to go bonkers if he dosen't make the cut. I will be surprised as all hell if he don't, but it dosen't matter; Olimar made it. In all truth, he was the only one I was desperately pulling for.
You misunderstood me. I wasn't labeling you specifically. I'm just speaking in general terms. Because regardless or whether or not he's in, GameFAQs'll go nuts just for the hell of it.

Top Bottom