• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
Now we just need axis translation, and then BrawlBox will be about as nice as Unity modelwise!

Now I feel quite confident about working on an animation if you guys need any more manpower. (And maybe PSA debugging, if need be, as well. ;) )

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Hey you guys! I have a stage that I've been working on for Mushroomy Kingdom. This stage will look like these graphics (textures).

I didn't work on this as much because the Emil Project so.
:)

Fliptocat

Smash Cadet
I don't really like the 3 movesets idea. It would increase the amount of work we'd have to do by a ton. We should just pick one and stick with it.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Ok.
Some textures arn't in the right places. I just put it there for a reason. Some of them are not edit.
And I will delect some polygons of change their vertex on the buildings in the bg. And the hill to. Its to long.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I have a huge pack of pre-hexed ToS2 battle scene models that you could pick from for Emil's stage, credit to Blayd. The problem is, they're on my home computer and I won't be getting off campus until about the weekend of the 26th. Once I do though, I'll post them here for you to look at.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Just a question Anglc, which is not really related of the subject of the topic, do you plan to make other imports characters like this of Tos2? And by that I mean of course when you have time, it can be after a break after the finishing of this project, or immediately after it.

Gamedominator: There are some stages of Tos2 in Brawlvault, but still, it can be interesting to see what you have to suggest.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I was planning another character since I know how to fix the bones(Fliptocat helped me to figure this out).
I was thinking to put Zelos but I'm uncertain right now. I may do that but a little later.

Gamedominator06: I will like to see that.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Oh. I thought maybe you could do Decus, this is probably the character of Tos 2 I want the most to be in Smash bros brawl but if he doesn't interest you... So Zelos? Interesting.

Edit: Of course, it is better to do Zelos before Decus, Decus will be very time consuming I think, because we will probably have to create animations for him, more than Emil or Zelos I think.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I could do Decus if you want? I could care less too but I need to know how to rip out animations but i can do it from hexing but not Brawl compatible. Because it is the millions in some sort of offset or index whatever. I wonder how Fliptocat does it? If want to do this character in brawl?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
He he he. I have already the animations he does in the game in fact, I have even a model for Decus and the textures. But the problem is that I have difficults for the model, I can see the model when he does his T pose, perfectly in brawlbox64, but when it plays an animation, there is an anomaly.

And in brawlbox63, it doesn't work at all.

Anyway, we will probably see this later.

Just a question, this time it is for you, have you already the model of Zelos and the animations?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Nope
I know the reason why. The bone tree is messed up. you have to fix it. If give it to me. I'll fix it for you. But I won't do it often though. There is someone else whats Regal in brawl. But I don't have that. SO you choose.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Hum, excuse me but I don't really understand what you said at some of your sentences, I'm sorry.

Especially with the part about Regal. You want to do him too?

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
No. Sorry. I just had a bad day. I was taking 2 hard tests.
Ask I'm was saying, If you want me to fix Decus? But Regal is from someone else that wants to be in brawl.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
It would be a great thing if you could fix Decus indeed. But, if you decide to fix him, please, take your time, I don't want him to interfere in your Emil project.

Oh, very interesting. You don't have Zelos's model, and even not his animations. I can't guarranty you when, but you will have them soon. (And this is not a counterpart for fixing Decus, it is because I think it would be too bad for you who want to work on him not to be able to do it because you don't know the way to have them.)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
No its ok. If you can send it to me. I have a 3 day weekend so. I may finish it but I'm not guarantee you so. One of my friends wants Zelos, but he could care less. I'll be happy to fix it. I hope no one ask me for help on this. Right now I'm not doing anything for the Emil. I'm still thinking Ideas and fixing the article.
:)

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a big fan of having all four specials being able to link into each other. couldn't that result in an infinite combo?

If you guys all want to combo then i just thought of a brilliant idea!
Having one of his specials (I was thinking side or down special) to work like Marth's Dancing Blade.

So it would link like this:

Anti-Air Attack > Aerial Attacks > Base Artes > Arcane Artes

I'll make an image of the links I thought of.
What do you think of the idea? I think it's the best of both worlds.

Edit: Here's the chart.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Gamedominator: There are some stages of Tos2 in Brawlvault, but still, it can be interesting to see what you have to suggest.
No offense to FairKnight (the one who did most of those), but he never (from what I've seen) resizes any of them and by default they're huge and a number of them are walk-offs.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Gamedominator: If you plan to do something different than Fairknight, even if you use the same stages as him, like you says resize them, it will be a pleasure! Just a question however, in these stages, there is a recurrent problem of camera, if you make stages, can you try to make a stage without this problem? It would be good.

Whiselifax: So you're the one who made this texture? It is good especially the sword which is really not easy to do but it will never replace the true Decus! You're the one who wants Regal in Ssbb as well? I can't say I'm a huge fan of him, but I suppose you already have the model right? And do you have the animations too? And, can I know who he will be replace? If you don't want to make this public, contact me by mp, it won't be a problem.

Royal Blade: No comments............................

Anyway, I was told to give you this.

Emil is a fast character with good jumping, and can come back easily on the battlefield. Of course, he is a little easy to eject because his weight is not so high.

Emil normal mode:

B: Blade Fury. Base artes. 4 hit max for Blade Fury, can't eject.

Forward B: Havoc Strike. Base arte. Can be used to come back on the battlefield, one hit max, can't eject. (In ground you jump then you fall with the foot pointed forward. In air, you don't jump but you travel the same distance as in ground following an angle of 45 degree down like in ground.)

Up B: Ravaging Tiger. Base arte. Can be used to come back on the battlefield. Three hit max, eject the ennemy down with the last hit, but not a good killing move.

Down B: Phoenix Rush. Base arte. Can be used to come back on the battlefield.Two hit max. Can't eject.

There are base artes. Forward B, Up B, and Down B, can be connected each other. It means you can do Ravaging Tiger then Phoenix Rush, or Phoenix Rush and Havoc Strike.

A movement: Three slashes. (basic attack.The three slashes can be used by pressing A three time, or by keep pressing A.) Can't eject.

Forward tilt: Demon Fang (base arte, projectile. It does a shockwave on the ground that does one hit, and it does a projectile that moves that does one hit as well, but the sword doesn't inflict any damage of course. So, 2 hits max.) Can't eject.

Down tilt: Savage reaper (Base arte. 2 hit max.) Doesn't eject.

Up tilt: Raining Fang (Base arte, jumping movement similar to hell pyre. 5 hit max) Can't eject.

Smash Forward: Sword Rain Alpha (Arcane arte 9 hit max.) Knockback for the last hit sends the ennemy in air, best killing move on ground if the last hits works.(the upward hit.)

Smash down: Roaring Tiger (arcane arte, 8 hit max). Doesn't eject but with the architecture of the movement, can hit opponents that are in front of Emil at the beginning of the movement, and opponents who were behind Emil when he uses his raining fang attack at the end of this movement.

Smash up: Light Spear Cannon (Arcane arte 5 hit max) Medium knockback for the last hit, eject the opponent at 45 degree up.

Dash attack: Converging Fury (only the final movement where Emil goes behind the ennemy by slashing him. One hit.) Doesn't eject.

Aerials:

Neutral: 3 slashes in the air. (Basic attack) Can't eject.

Forward A: Demon fang (base arte One hit only because in air.) Can't eject.

Down A: Heavenly Tempest (arcane arte, 6 hit max) Eject the ennemy forward, decent knockback if the last hit works.

Back A: Savage reaper (base arte, be careful with this move, with the first slash Emil should turn back then make a thrust like original but the thrust is behind him while the first slash is next to him. 2 hit max with great chances) Doesn't eject. Is slower than the grounded version because it requires more movement, and is less powerful. Cannot be immediately connected with an arcane arte because of an ending lag as it is hard to do a move like this in the air.

Up A: Dark radiance (arcane arte 6 hit max) Medium knockback, eject the opponent down with the last hit following an angle of 45 degree, good killing move if the last hit works. (in fact the direction of the demon fang as it is the last attack.)

Taunt Up: Sorcerer ring, fires a fire projectile. Little damages and no knockback.

Taunt side: Sorcerer ring, fires a thunder projectile, less strong than fire, but can stun the ennemy (like the mojo item), the projectile moves slower than the fire. No knockback.

Taunt down: Fiend Fusion, allows Emil to be faster than normal during some times (normally in the game it is 45 seconds) and doesn't inflicts damage.

Grabs:

Grab hitting: Emil grabbed the opponent with his left hand, then give his opponents some hits with his right hand, but he's still holding his sword.

Grab forward: Emil makes a circular horizontal slash on his opponent. Low knockback.

Grab back: Emil releases his opponent, goes behind him, and slash him. Medium knockback.

Grab down: Emil puts his opponent on the floor then uses his sorcerer ring to send fire on his ennemy. No knockback, but most damaging grab.

Grab up: Emil makes an upward slash that sends the ennemy up. Between low and medium knockback.

Emil relies a lot on his combos, this why basic attacks can be connected to a base arte, and why a base arte can be connected to an arcane arte.

The only base arte that can't be used after a basic attack, or lead to an arcane arte is Fiend Fusion as it is put as a taunt.

But this is not over, there are two other modes.

Centurion mode: Enters in this state automatically after you have taken 70% of damages All these moves do superior damages than the previous obviously, but some of them gains some changes which will be described.

Here are the changes this mode does.

Demon Fang: 3 hits, in air and on ground, darkness element, and no longer a projectile, no other changes, can only hit in front of Emil.

Havoc Strike: Fire element, 3 hits max on ground and in air. No other changes, excepted it has a larger range in ground only, so it can hit opponents really close behind Emil because of the first hit which is a line of fire following Emil jump.

Blade Fury: 5 hits max, Ice element, in ground. No other changes.

Fiend Fusion: 4 hits, Earth element (pillars of earth surrounds Emil that hits near opponents and it strengthens his defense, no longer his mobility). No knockback.

Ravaging Tiger: Thunder element, 5 max hits, eject efficience improved because of the support of the thunder.

Savage Reaper: Light element, 4 max hits, on ground, and with great chances, in air as well, 2 hits for the thrust in fact and two hits for the first movement of this attack. No other changes.

Raining Fang: Water element, 5 hits too, but stronger than original obviously. (in the game it is four hits, but I honestly don't see why...) Between little and medium knockback.

Phoenix Rush: 4 hits, wind element. No knockback so no other changes.

Emil in this mode can do basic attacks, but instead of 3 slashes, can do 4 slashes.

And the last mode:

True Ratatosk mode:

Keeps the changes of Centurion mode, activated automatically above 130% of damages.

When you enter this mode, the neutral B move is changed to this move, that can only be used once before you die, after have done this move, the Blade Fury attack comes back.

Devil's Maw: Darkness element. Second strongest attack in term of damages but no knockback. 10 hit max.

And now, the basic attacks allows Emil to do 6 slashes instead of 4.

And to finish:

Final Smash: Dual death+ Devil's Hellfire+ Ain Soph Aur. (When Emil activates this final smash, he does Dual Death. He makes a thrust then unleashes two projectiles that travels along the ground ( do not make them travel as far as in the game). 3 hits max for Dual Death. If this movement makes no hit, the final smash is lost, but if there is an hit, those who are touched by this movement, are forced to be hit by Devil's Hellfire and Ain Soph Aur. The other opponents are safe because they are not seen in the screen, like in Captain's falcon final smash for example.) Do not forget to zoom on Emil when it is necessary like in the game.

22 hits max for Devil's hellfire. And 7 hits max for Ain Soph Aur. Ain Soph Aur, has medium knockback in first, mode, better knockback in second mode, and very good knockback in third mode.

The Final Smash is stronger according the mode you are, and has more knockback too.

The damages when you change mode are susceptible to change, because I don't truly know what weight Emil will have, it will be determined by the tests which will be made. But what I'm sure is that the Centurion mode won't come when Emil is in very bad shape, because this mode doesn't grants so high advantages, even in the game.
Good thing, now we have absolutely all the moves that can be affected by centurions, I couldn't dream of anything better!

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Gamedominator: If you plan to do something different than Fairknight, even if you use the same stages as him, like you says resize them, it will be a pleasure! Just a question however, in these stages, there is a recurrent problem of camera, if you make stages, can you try to make a stage without this problem? It would be good.
There's one Gunnungagap battle scene that I had been refining for a while in addition to a Twilight Palace battle scene that I had mostly gotten to work nicely; there's like one or two crystals I still need to move out of the way on it and then it's good. The sizes on both are pretty good, the former being larger than Final Destination and the latter being about the same or larger, I think.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
It looks good! Keep it up working on it, when you can of course! The Ginungagap? It is one of the stages I have on my wii, what a coincidence!

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
@Judas: You were told to give me the movelist thats on page 3?

@The Stage Talk: Yes, the camera is a big problem. Also the sandbag (I can't seem to remove him from the stages.) But once your really zoomed out, you can't see anything. (For me. But we (the players when i play) are rarely away from each other.)

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Royal Blade: Once again no comments...............

The sandbag is not a real problem for me, but it is true it would be better to remove it, I think there is a code about this, but I've never tried it.

Fliptocat

Smash Cadet
Apparently I have to explain it, the moveset Judas posted was a more recent version of Barbatos' moveset. >_>

Judas

Smash Apprentice
In this more recent Barbatos's moveset, the number of hits were fixed, for example sword rain alpha had a number of hit which was not the real number, and Fiend Fusion is definitely in the moveset, without the removal of Blade Fury. And there are also some other changes, that I let you discover. And I advise you to read carefully this moveset Royal Blade, because from what I saw, you didn't read it enough...

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Ah. I see the changes.

I'm still not fond of this moveset but seeing that I'm out-numbered, I can't do much about it.

We'll see how it works out once the beta is released.

BTW, There is no "Up Throw" on the movelist.

Also about the textures? Am I doing the alternates?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
He has forgotten to put an up throw, it is edited now, but it is still simple.

Speaking of the beta, I wonder how it will turn out, but I'm not really talking about the aspect of the balance, of the animations, but the aspect of bugs. I hope there won't be so much bugs, or even no bugs, it would be really good.

Whiselifax

Smash Rookie
@Judas

Yeah, I have them. I'm a big fan of Regal, and I think he would be a really interesting and fun character for brawl. Maybe you could help me out with the moveset if you want? I have an idea of what I want it to be like, but yeah. Shoot me up a PM about it if you want.

MagmarFire

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MagmarFire
3DS FC
3737-9549-8452
A complete bone tree? Are we talking about a different character? Because I thought Emil's bone tree was already fixed.

Top Bottom