• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Emil Castagnier/Ratatosk V3.0.0-0 Back in Progress (Again) (NEWS!)

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
That would be great! We're kinda behind on the animations. I'm just helping Judas on the Item Glitch, Texture Glitch, and I was working on something else that relates to the project. But don't worry about that.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Im xxmasal22xx from KcMm/Brawl Vault. I work on imports, and can do ok texturing as well as (interesting, not AMAZING, but ok) animations, and CSS stuff. I was wondering if i could join the Emil project for some time now, and i decided that its not on hold anymore, so i would ask. :) I am not comfortable making custom animations yet but i can still port the animations to emil's fitmotion.

Thanx guys,

-xxmasal22xx

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Yes we more animators for this project. I could animate but the only animation I've done was the Losing.
I'm just helping Judas of the item glitch and we need help. SO yes xxmasal22xx and Royal_Blade. Thanks! :)
?: How can you create stage mdl0 for Brawl? I was trying to create stage and a lot of stages that I've downloaded. It seems like the people who made the stage created there own mdl0 files.
I will appreciate if anyone tells me where to get this.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
What I meant was that some people some how create there own mdl0 models (stages only). Like for instance, Ganon's Tower 64. I think Mewtwo2000 create his own mdl0 for each one. Just Look at all of those models. I know how to replace stages that won't freeze. But if its possible to create a customized mdl0 of your own? If not then thats ok.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
It would be hard to decide... Emil doesn't work at all on Ike, and it seems, on other characters... It is absolutely not a problem in term of bones, but it's absolutely not normal, he is an import and an import should work on all characters, especially Emil as he has more bones than all Brawl characters, excepted Rob...

But I believe that the model we have is not the best model of Emil that can be used, as he is taken from the ennemy folder, maybe it's because of this that we have problems with the item glitch... It's just a theory of course...

But I still think that Ike is the most obvious and best choice. Good file size limit, swordsman, so glow available (it's not possible for Falco), possibility to be ported on other characters and some gfx at disposal and even an article if we need...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Well, we might as well do it over Ike but I don't understand why you can fix the model that you gave me but heres an idea for Ike: There is a sword in the pac or pcs file. So we can rip out a model of that has no sword. But don't we have to hex that to get the sword on his hand?

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Anlgc: The model I gave you by private message, I've never said in all my life that I could fix it! I'm not even capable of fixing a single model of Tos 2, so how would I be able to fix the Emil model I gave you? This is also why I am waiting for the tutorial of fixing bone trees...

Anyway, for the sword of Ike pcs and pac file, it is an article, it is "summoned" by psa. We have the choice to make the sword of Emil acting like an article, or not, if we don't, then we have to use psa to remove all "summons" of this article. If we do, then, I don't really know what to do, I don't think replacing Ike's sword by Emil's sword would be enough...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, I meant it was I was going to fix it. Not you. I did mean it like that. But I could fix it but this model that you gave me was a very complex model. How you get the original sword for emil from?

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
Might as well import the sword model and hex it with everything else.

Btw, could Emil be placed on King Dedede instead of Ike? I know Ike can be ported on other characters but there's honestly nothing on King Dedede. Plus, he's right handed like Emil/Ike, his hammer effects can be used for Emil's sword instead, and would be used by most people due to the little amount of King Dedede hacks.

Though, not sure what you can do with the waddle dee/doo and godo's. Maybe arte effects? (Demon Fang/ Elemental effects, etc.)

Also, since your doing Ratatosk, King Dedede's default color is Red. Which is the same color as his eyes.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
I expected this model to be more complex as it has a lot of polygons to "hide". But I didn't thought it was more complex than the Emil you already fixed... I suppose this is things that can happen...

This original sword for Emil that you're talking about, if you ask where I got it from, the answer is very simple: on the model, the model I gave you by private message had already this sword with him. I didn't manipulated this model to give it something or remove something, I left it like it was when I discovered it.

Royal Blade: You answered your own question, Dedede can't be ported on other characters, and the fact he has red eyes is absolutely not to take in account as it is an import model, if you want Emil on Dedede, do it yourself after he will have done on Ike, by porting him on Dedede. So for me, the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOOOOOOOOOOOO! And Dedede is not a swordsman, so normally it means no glow, not counting we don't know at all what file size limit he has...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Thats true. Then we won't have as much problems with the articals but at the same time what about is final smash? I think he use articals for the final smash.

Judas: Never Mind So it probably will be over Ike instead.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Oh, and Anlgc, in case you wonder about articles, Ike has only one article, Dedede has 6 articles. And Ike has 3 exclusives external graphics, and one graphic related to his entry.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I See. So I'll get started on the model again for the 3rd time but no worrys I'll get started soon some time tomorrow or maybe today. I figure this out some how. But I almost figure the Falco way to glow his sword. It has to do with the one of the articles and its renamed on FitWolf.pac model.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
Hey, Anlgc. When you said that i could join cuz you need help w/ animations, you didn't mean that i was making animations, correct? You meant for me to port them?

The reason i ask is bacause in my post, i mentioned that im not quite comfortable MAKING animations for him, till i get better, but i can still port them onto the fitmotion.

Also, if you need a model rip of his original sword, i am sure i have one somewhere. It is the same except that it is the long sword from ToS2, which is the same but a bit longer. Let me know if you want it.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
I almost figure to get his sword glows on falco. You have to use on of the articles (one model that is renamed and i can't figure it out). But I'll get that new model started maybe today or tomorrow.

xxmasal22xx : Ok I'll see if I need it. Thanks.

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
No problem. Oh, BTW i have a fitmotion for falco with some of emil's animations ported to it. It's my own custom one (long story).

If you want it to take a look at, let me know.

Also, an idea for his outfits. For each outfit, his clothing could be recolored to that of the element types in DotNW. By that i mean he could have his normal outfit, a green-ish one for the wind/ventus element, blue for water (ive already made one for this), red for fire, a sort of pink like color for lightning, etc. I got these colors from the symbols of the elements, and they would be a great addition, either for the recolors that he is released with, or additional/alternat ones.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Anlgc: For the model, good luck because you will probably need some luck, it seems this model will probably be harder to fix than the others, I wonder if it is harder than Regal's model though...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Hey I got an Idea! But this idea is that we should have 2 different characters import. Falco and Ike. Since Falco already started then I should keep going. So people will have different character replacements which are the 2 they don't like. I hate to leave what we have so far on Falco and I will continue on this import and we can have Ike as the other. I will still help ya'll on the Ike because I started this at the first place. This is my choose to do it. I think I say this before but I'm going to do it. The reason why I choose Falco in the firstplace because Lloyd has been replace one of the Star Fox Characters. So the Star Fox Characters will be soon TOS Characters. You don't have to work with me with the Falco. Remember that I'm going to help you on Ike as well.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
It's a completely false problem in fact Anlgc. Once we find the way to import Emil's model on Ike (and I mean porting like all traditional imports), we will probably only have to work on one character. All we would have to do would be to transfer the animations of Emil to Ike. The Psa editing through the psa program would be a little harder though...

So you see, you can work on Falco and Ike at the same time. But the main problem with working on Falco is the file size limit, it is not as high as Ike's, and you can't have sword graphical effects with Falco as he is not a swordsman. And don't forget that Falco uses the Landmaster as a final smash, I don't know at all if Lloyd's project managed to remove it, but if it is for example like Ganondorf's final smash, so hardcoded, it will be MUCH MUCH harder to replace than Ike's final smash. And don't forget that on Falco, we still have the problem of the item glitch, his original bone structure is really strange with this glitch, something that Ike doesn't have... And besides, with what is done on Falco, it can easily be done too on Ike, once we find the way to make Emil work on Ike of course... And if you really want a Starfox character to be replaced with Ike you can do it easily... Of course, maybe we're in a bad luck and Emil doesn't want to work on other characters, or maybe it wasn't fixed at all correctly... RandomTBush is probably our last hope to know about this...

ryuu seika

Smash Master
What do you mean?
Simple. In the games, every element is assigned a colour.

Fire - Orangey Red
Ice - Light Blue
Water - Darkish Blue
Lightning - Pinkish Purple
Wind - Green
Earth - Slightly Brownish Yellow
Darkness - Dark Purple
Light - Pale/Light Yellow
Neutral - Black End of Gray, Slightly Greenish
Healing - White or Pink (depends on the game)
Sea - A Pastel Shade of Turquoise
Time - A Light Terracotta Mess

xxmasal22xx

Smash Cadet
It's a completely false problem in fact Anlgc. Once we find the way to import Emil's model on Ike (and I mean porting like all traditional imports), we will probably only have to work on one character. All we would have to do would be to transfer the animations of Emil to Ike. The Psa editing through the psa program would be a little harder though...
I am currently trying to figure out a way to port Emil to Ike. But i cannpt test it now, as i don't have the wii. I should have it backl within a few hours. When i tried simply importing the model data, and the texture data over Ike yesterday, it simply froze when the match started.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Judas: I think to get rid of the final smash could be difficult to get rid of. I figure it out some way. And plus I can alternate between falco and ike at the same time. No problem for me. But remember you don't have to help me on the falco import.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
I will help you with the Falco import with what I can, and of course, I can't do really much, excepted maybe fixing some import related glitches, excepted the texture glitch for now... And the item glitch on Falco, we have the way to fix it, but with Emil's left hand it doesn't work...

Anyway, the most important now, is to find the way to fix this stupid glitch, I suggest that you contact RandomTBush... As he fixed Lloyd's model, he should be able to see what is wrong with Emil, and maybe if we have chance, why he can only be ported on Falco...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Sorry I've been afk. I need the model and the PSA to fix the item holding bug. OR you can tell me who he's over and I can tell you where to hex.

Your choice.

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
OK i will send you the falco one cuz we haven't started the Ike yet.

EDIT:And I kinda know how to hex the Item Glitch.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for watching about it Eternal Yoshi. Normally Anlgc sent you a model of Emil that is over Falco. And we need the item glitch to be fixed, and Emil holding the item with his hand that doesn't hold the sword, so the left hand. I hope that you will be luckier than I was...

ANLGC

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, But Eternal Yoshi put it on the wrong hand and We wanted on the left hand. But tell you this that the right hand that he fix. You were Kinda off. But You still get credit for fixing the Item Glitch. You were close.
And I appreciated you help. Now We need to fix is the Attacks on the the sword because the attacks are on his hand. And I don't know where to fix it unless you know where to fix it.

Judas

Smash Apprentice
So the item glitch is fixed now? He can hold and throw items? Can you send me the model so that I can see it? I want to see where I exactly made a mistake...

Judas

Smash Apprentice
I took a look at the Emil fixed of item glitch by Eternal Yoshi, and indeed it is a great advance, as he can throw items. But the problem is that he indeed put the item on the right hand, this hand that holds the sword... I hope it will be possible to do the same, but for the left hand...

(When I was seeing the item glitch fixed for the right hand, I understood that I didn't make any mistake that falco is a bad choice, his item glitch is really a pain to fix compared to some other characters, fortunately, Eternal Yoshi helped us, but it's not over yet...)

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
If Emil can only hold items with his right hand, why not place the sword in the sheathe/scabbard/whatever-it-is while he holds onto it?

Royal_Blade

Smash Apprentice
It makes sense to leave it. He's not gonna have Emil pick up a Super Scope and use Sword Rain: Alpha or Ravaging Tiger with it. That'd be ridiculous.

It'd be better to have the item in an empty hand than one that replaces the character's main weapon.

Top Bottom