• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I love how, despite being the Elma for Smash thread, we all pretty much agree that at the very least getting an X port would be like, good enough. Not the ultimate goal, of.course, but sure would be ****ing nice for people to actually experience it.

Not bitter.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I love how, despite being the Elma for Smash thread, we all pretty much agree that at the very least getting an X port would be like, good enough. Not the ultimate goal, of.course, but sure would be ****ing nice for people to actually experience it.

Not bitter.
Rosalina was revealed for 4 a few months after SM3DW, so an X port but no Elma isn’t the end of the world for her

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Lemme see (Wall of Text alert):

Absolutely Possible:
- Joker gameplay. I've been looking forward to how this Persona user (Or rather any Persona user for that matter) would work in Smash Bros.
- In-depth Luigi's Mansion 3 gameplay. If the leak about the July release is true, then we should see more about it.
- Daemon X Machina release date.
- NES RPGs for the Online Library (Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest III, Final Fantasy, etc.)
- SNES Library. There's been a few mention of SNES games in the datamine for the NES Library, and I'm sure it means something.
- Final Fantasy VII release date. After seeing a Switch TV Spot with FF7 on it, I'm confident that we'll get a release.
- Animal Crossing gameplay. We all know AC is coming to the Switch, and I'm getting pretty eager to see it all.
- Final Splatoon 2 update. Splatoon 2 has had a long life. It gave us new weapons and maps, it gave us a new co-op multiplayer mode in the form of Salmon Run and it finally gave us the playable Octolings we wanted since Splatoon released for Wii U. As a final update, they should end with something BIG.
- 100% butt**** insane Switch announcement. Ever since the Switch was released, we've had absolutely crazy unexpected announcements for games on the Switch. Dark Souls Remastered, Doom and Wolfenstein II are the most notable examples of this. I'd say they'll keep the trend up.

Hopefulness:
- Challenger Pack 2: Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X!
- Pokemon Gen 8 reveal of a reveal date.
- Dark Souls II Remastered. Dark Souls Remastered was fun for the Switch! Dark Souls II Remastered is the next logical step for From Software.
- Doom Eternal reveals. Doom Eternal has already been announced for Switch, and it would be nice to see more. Maybe we'll see a totally bitchin' Doom Slayer amiibo or maybe exclusive functionality with the Samus amiibo!
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Elite: a rerelease of XCX for the Switch with extra content.
- Xbox Live service for Nintendo Switch. Microsoft already revealed it, so I'm curious as to how Xbox Live will work on the Switch. Does it only work with games that are on both Switch and Xbox? Will Xbox games like Halo and Gears of War work on Nintendo Switch? Will Xbox content appear in various Nintendo games, whether it's Mii Fighter costumes, the Halo Warthog and Gears of War Armadillo in Rocket League on Switch or maybe even a guest appearance of an Xbox character in a non-Smash Nintendo game.
- Nintendo Switch Online 2019 roadmap. Despite 8 million subscribers, people are kind of turned off by NSO as it is. So I feel as though a roadmap can give people hope in NSO again, whether it be dedicated servers, the reveal of the deals that were mentioned, or maybe even a cloud-based NSO MMO.
- New Metroid Prime 4 teaser. I know, they hit the reset button (And Resetti is probably chewing out Nintendo right now), but I feel they should at least show us something new to keep the hype up.
- Smash Bros content update. We all know that content updates can be possible on the Switch with making the Spirit Board a multiplayer game mode. With this in mind, I'm curious at what other changes and additions they may add:
Changes:
- All-Star Mode changes. I haven't played All-Star Mode in Ultimate at all, but from what I've seen, people don't like it at all. Sakurai and his team can possibly change it to be more like the last two games in the series.
Additions:
- Boss Mode. I'd like for there to be a separate mode where you choose which boss you fight. As fun as the boss fight in World of Light was, I want to be able to choose the boss I fight outside of WoL and Classic Mode. Not to mention, new bosses could possibly be added such as old bosses like Tabuu, Duon and Porky, and maybe even new bosses like Necrozma, Giegue and Ornstein & Smough from Dark Souls.
- FF7 Content. Sure, Square-Enix is coming off as a bunch of misers when it comes to Smash Bros Final Fantasy content, but I'm holding out hope that SE are just waiting for FF7 to release for the Switch before they add more FF content. We could have a bunch of Spirit Battles of various FF characters, loads of new FF7 music and maybe even a new Ken-level Echo Fighter in the form of Tifa over Little Mac and Sephiroth as a new Boss.
- Missing Modes. There are a lot of things that are missing in SSBU that rub people off the wrong way. Stage Builder, Break the Targets, Home Run Contest, the whole shebang. They need to get them back.

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Absolutely Possible:
- Joker gameplay. I've been looking forward to how this Persona user (Or rather any Persona user for that matter) would work in Smash Bros.
- In-depth Luigi's Mansion 3 gameplay. If the leak about the July release is true, then we should see more about it.
- NES RPGs for the Online Library (Shin Megami Tensei, Dragon Quest III, Final Fantasy, etc.)
- SNES Library. There's been a few mention of SNES games in the datamine for the NES Library, and I'm sure it means something.
- Final Fantasy VII release date. After seeing a Switch TV Spot with FF7 on it, I'm confident that we'll get a release.
- Final Splatoon 2 update. Splatoon 2 has had a long life. It gave us new weapons and maps, it gave us a new co-op multiplayer mode in the form of Salmon Run and it finally gave us the playable Octolings we wanted since Splatoon released for Wii U. As a final update, they should end with something BIG.
All very possible if not likely, though I'd add that we 100% know we're also getting FE:Three Houses here too.

Absolutely Possible:
- Animal Crossing gameplay. We all know AC is coming to the Switch, and I'm getting pretty eager to see it all.
- 100% butt**** insane Switch announcement. Ever since the Switch was released, we've had absolutely crazy unexpected announcements for games on the Switch. Dark Souls Remastered, Doom and Wolfenstein II are the most notable examples of this. I'd say they'll keep the trend up.
I'd move these to more hopefuls, I think with FE being the star of the show like the tweet suggests I doubt we'll get both of these things, maybe one or the other.

For the most part hopefuls is fine as you can hope for whatever you want but I'll address a few of them
- Xbox Live service for Nintendo Switch. Microsoft already revealed it, so I'm curious as to how Xbox Live will work on the Switch. Does it only work with games that are on both Switch and Xbox? Will Xbox games like Halo and Gears of War work on Nintendo Switch? Will Xbox content appear in various Nintendo games, whether it's Mii Fighter costumes, the Halo Warthog and Gears of War Armadillo in Rocket League on Switch or maybe even a guest appearance of an Xbox character in a non-Smash Nintendo game.
As I understand it Xbox Live is just going to be a way to help developers add cross-platform play on any games that are on both Xbox and Switch and won't have anything to do with Nintendo first party games. I seriously doubt we would ever see anything Xbox exclusive on Nintendo until some hypothetical future where Microsoft drops out of the hardware game.

- New Metroid Prime 4 teaser. I know, they hit the reset button (And Resetti is probably chewing out Nintendo right now), but I feel they should at least show us something new to keep the hype up.
This isn't going to happen, if they just reset everything there is no way they have anything to show us yet.

Hopefully regardless of what it shows this ends up being a good direct!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Absolutely Possible:

Hopefulness:
- Dark Souls II Remastered. Dark Souls Remastered was fun for the Switch! Dark Souls II Remastered is the next logical step for From Software.
- Doom Eternal reveals. Doom Eternal has already been announced for Switch, and it would be nice to see more. Maybe we'll see a totally bitchin' Doom Slayer amiibo or maybe exclusive functionality with the Samus amiibo!
- Xenoblade Chronicles X Elite: a rerelease of XCX for the Switch with extra content.
- Nintendo Switch Online 2019 roadmap. Despite 8 million subscribers, people are kind of turned off by NSO as it is. So I feel as though a roadmap can give people hope in NSO again, whether it be dedicated servers, the reveal of the deals that were mentioned, or maybe even a cloud-based NSO MMO.
- Smash Bros content update. We all know that content updates can be possible on the Switch with making the Spirit Board a multiplayer game mode. With this in mind, I'm curious at what other changes and additions they may add:
Changes:
- All-Star Mode changes. I haven't played All-Star Mode in Ultimate at all, but from what I've seen, people don't like it at all. Sakurai and his team can possibly change it to be more like the last two games in the series.
Additions:
- Boss Mode. I'd like for there to be a separate mode where you choose which boss you fight. As fun as the boss fight in World of Light was, I want to be able to choose the boss I fight outside of WoL and Classic Mode. Not to mention, new bosses could possibly be added such as old bosses like Tabuu, Duon and Porky, and maybe even new bosses like Necrozma, Giegue and Ornstein & Smough from Dark Souls.
- FF7 Content. Sure, Square-Enix is coming off as a bunch of misers when it comes to Smash Bros Final Fantasy content, but I'm holding out hope that SE are just waiting for FF7 to release for the Switch before they add more FF content. We could have a bunch of Spirit Battles of various FF characters, loads of new FF7 music and maybe even a new Ken-level Echo Fighter in the form of Tifa over Little Mac and Sephiroth as a new Boss.
- Missing Modes. There are a lot of things that are missing in SSBU that rub people off the wrong way. Stage Builder, Break the Targets, Home Run Contest, the whole shebang. They need to get them back.
I’d like to see two player co op added to World of Light, and a New Game Minus feature that forces you to either collect your Spirits (you can still use Spirit Board spirits and the Elma Spirit tho) again, get your bonuses again, or keep both of those but start all over as just Kirby. You get to pick.

Also is new content for Splatoon 2 really ending soon? It may last longer idk I don’t have the game

Also, I neglected to mention, the possibility of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe having DLC would be awesome, like we did have the BOTW Link add on. i just want Funky Kong and Diddy Kong back

Calamitas

Smash Champion

Absolutely Possible:

Hopefulness:
Changes:
Additions:
I really doubt that we're gonna get a Pokémon reveal in a regular Direct. Pokémon is usually kept completely seperate from the "main" stuff. I also feel like there's still the strong possibility of Skyward Sword HD.

Also is new content for Splatoon 2 really ending soon? It may last longer idk I don’t have the game
Nah, Splatoon 2 updates ending soon is pretty likely. They already added the final stage months ago, and the rate at which they add weapons has already slowed down tremendously.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I feel like we won't be able to figure out if there's anything Xenoblade related this time just by watching Soraya's retweets... I wish I could just find out if there's anything XB beforehand.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
I feel like we'll get some mii fighter skins of people (and a certain wooden doll will make an appearance as a skin), I believe we will get character number two for dlc.
For other news I kind of want a NMH 1+ 2 remake, xcx port news, shin megami tensei 5 news, and TSA dlc info.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
What a good week for us gamers!

My personal hopes for the Direct:

-A release date for Daemon X Machina
-The secret project of RetroStudio if it is still alive (Starfox Grandprix? DK 2D/3D? A new IP?)
-Some indies like Slime Rancher, Timespinner or Starbound
-An X port of course if possible with extra content. It's too early for a sequel.
-Gameplay of Joker and a release date
-Fighter Pass 2 (with Elma or an other character I like)
-Cool new unexpected IP.
-SNES games on the online. Maybe with this I will take a subscription.

HPMarratick

Smash Apprentice
Yeah but is it better then her being playable? :p

Honestly if we can't get Elma then I would love a Mii Costume for her, maybe one that comes with songs too
As long as I get some XCX content in smash like a stage and music I'll be happy. I dont know how her mii costume would work since she uses 2 swords but whatever. But seriously I want elma in smash

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As long as I get some XCX content in smash like a stage and music I'll be happy. I dont know how her mii costume would work since she uses 2 swords but whatever. But seriously I want elma in smash
Lloyd Irving technically uses two swords, but his Smash 4 Mii costume had him use one iirc

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
This tweet

I like it

I REALLY ****ing like it

Granted we have to be cautious since Caitlin works on like a billion things

But still....
:eyes:
the fact she chose specifically TODAY, the day BEFORE the direct, to post it, cannot be coincidence tho

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
We wouldn't be discussing it if there wasn't a chance it was anything more than coincidence. Still, hope this doesn't end up burning us. It'd be a good year for a big Wii U title port to fill in an empty schedule.

#Elma4Smash

Smash Cadet
Omg it's almost 1 am here i was supposed to go to sleep but i saw that tweet IM SHAKING WHAT DOES THAT MEAN NOW IM NEVER GONNA SLEEP OMFGSGGAHAGAFAHS

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
But wait it can be something related to anime. Its true that the timing is good but hey who knows.

Last edited:

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
I can see a port of X happening. I don't want to get my hopes up for anything more because of this. Maybe Caitlin Glass is voicing a character in FE Three Houses or another new title. The timing does seem to suggest it's Nintendo related...and I don't think she's voiced that many Nintendo characters... I guess let's see if her voice is in the direct tomorrow (though it's certainly possible this has nothing to do with that).

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I can see a port of X happening. I don't want to get my hopes up for anything more because of this. Maybe Caitlin Glass is voicing a character in FE Three Houses or another new title. The timing does seem to suggest it's Nintendo related...and I don't think she's voiced that many Nintendo characters... I guess let's see if her voice is in the direct tomorrow (though it's certainly possible this has nothing to do with that).
Maybe, but let's also consider her recent tweet about her getting a role that puts her under NDA, and something about a role that has a character she voiced as reference (or something like that).

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Now that you mentioned it maybe she is working on FE: Three Houses.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
ELMA GANG RISE UP
026D8EC8-F513-439A-A9CC-D8B36917915B.gif

Not gonna lie, had hopes for Lycanroc...

BUT AFTER MONTHS OF SPECULATION, PLEASE THIS HAS TO COME TOGETHER!

EDIT: Now watch me get disappointed when Elma doesn’t show up. We need to keep expectations in check.

Last edited:

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
Courtesy of Elma's Advice on Twitter:
IMG_6331.JPG

Pls Sakurai I need this, it's what she DESERVES

It could make sense if Sakurai wanted a Xenoblade rep but decided Rex was too late. Nintendo could've agreed due to Elma's potential for relevance with a port of X/a sequel. The only thing that bothers me is the Brave character, who is clearly not Elma based on the stats. I don't see them revealing characters out of order, but it might be possible to do a double drop for characters? I have hope, but I'm trying to hype cautiously.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
2 reveals at the same time? Nope. A lot of informations seem to point toward Erdrick as the next fighter but hey maybe we will have a surprise. Anyway a port or sequel to X is already a good step for Elma in Smash.

ZelDan

Smash Master
Haven't there been a good amount of instances where people thought a VA or some other important figurehead tweeted something before an event meant something great was coming related to this VA/figurehead, only for that to not be the case at all?

Don't want to rain on the Elma parade, but still.

[Maple]

Smash Journeyman
Haven't there been a good amount of instances where people thought a VA or some other important figurehead tweeted something before an event meant something great was coming related to this VA/figurehead, only for that to not be the case at all?

Thats why we gotta be careful on that one.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300

Yep! The only real time that I know of a VA tweeting out was Adam Howden. If anyone else has insight, I'd appreciate it. But it's a very large possibility that it could be relating to an anime or something outside of Smash. Kind of funny that the only instance of the hinting about Smash is with a Xenoblade character, but yeah. Best thing we can do is temper expectations and be super excited for when it actually happens. :)

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Fire Emblem wise she voiced only Mathilda from Echoes and honestly if she's really under NDA, the only way its FE related is that if she voices a Female Byleth or something, because doubt Nintendo would care that much if she voices a random recruitable unit.

it would be insane though if an X port gets announced today to, seeing that i'm already satisfied with finally Three Houses news and well

Metroid Prime Trilogy was hinted by Kingzel who correctly leaked the Direct reveal in the first place

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Additionnally to a reprisal of Elma role, and FE3H, it could be the supposed she-Erdrick in Smash.

Anyway, hype!

Top Bottom