• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Nintendo is running out of Wii U **** to port to the Switch, maybe it will finally happen this year or they'll find an excuse to port that Star Fox game nobody liked instead.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Nintendo is running out of Wii U **** to port to the Switch, maybe it will finally happen this year or they'll find an excuse to port that Star Fox game nobody liked instead.
To be fair, all they have to do is fix the controls and Zero would be somewhat decent.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Question: would Elma count as a rush down character?

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I still feel like it'd be a case of "why not just play Star Fox 64 instead?" seeing as how Zero heavily recycles ideas and level themes from it...and doesn't implement them nearly as well.
It's a Switch port of a Wii U game, minimal investment with maximum profit. Why wouldn't Nintendo want to port Star Fox Zero?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I mean the fact that TMS FE Encore happened before an X port is a GOOD thing right...? I mean TMS did worse compared to X sales wise

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
I mean the fact that TMS FE Encore happened before an X port is a GOOD thing right...? I mean TMS did worse compared to X sales wise
Eh, I dunno. I personally think what mainly motivated that port was the explosive growth of both Fire Emblem and Persona as an IP, and the fact that it was probably pretty easy to port. By comparison, Xenoblade as a series didn't really grow as much as either of those two yet, and misquoted as the interview that that came from is, they did say that X would be difficult/costly to port.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
X is an inevitability. My guess is that it's being remastered by Monolith Soft to be natively compatible with the Switch Advance.
I've actually been thinking about this for... a long time. What if the 'Switch Pro' is a home only system that can also function as a dock for the original Switch AND the Lite, and X retains the functionality of the 2nd screen if you have both. Obviously it would have to be optional, but it's be a great game to headline a new model with that functionality. futhermore it'd give them the scope to increse both resolution and frame rate that either of the 2 existing Switch models wouldn't have, which was one of my personal biggest gripes with the game initially, especially after playing the game on Cemu recently.

Recently an analyst who predicted a Pro model updated their claim by by suggesting that "Switch is just a word", which to me sounds like the 'Pro' might be a home system for 4k rather than a slightly better portable with leather bound joycons.

Honestly, I'm genuinly wondering if the existance of new hardware is why Nintendo have been so quiet all of last year, they want the future of their game trailers to be recorded on the new model with a "Plays best on Switch Home" tag on the video. But that's just a bit of conspiracy theory from me.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So has it been said yet what role Elma's voice actor was playing in? I know it was 2 years ago when she said she was during voice overs for a certain project.

Sigman

Smash Cadet
So has it been said yet what role Elma's voice actor was playing in? I know it was 2 years ago when she said she was during voice overs for a certain project.

Caitlin Glass is under #NDA. She gave a suggestion
but not a clear concise answer or announcement as she did at times before such as "liking" a tweet:

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

but not a clear concise answer or announcement as she did at times before such as "liking" a tweet:

You DEFINITELY wouldn’t say “I don’t even remember” or “maybe” in regard to a NDA.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

She's either really doesn't remember or she's lying and keeping her mouth shut so she doesn't get into any legal trouble. HMK said you can lie when you're under a NDA. Grant Kirihope kind of lied to Banjo-Kazooie fans back before they were announced for Smash. People asked him if he was composing music for any future projects with the bear and bird in it and he responded back with he didn't and not to hold your breath. While at the time, he know they were in Smash and he was composing the Smash remix of Spiral Mountain.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So what songs would you guys choose for her challenger pack?
Uncontrollable obviously (original and instrumental; NOT remixed)

and then uhhhh
  • Sylvalum Day (Remix)
  • Sylvalum Night (Remix)
  • Black Tar (remix)
  • Wir Fliegen (remix)
  • minor boss battle
  • Major Boss Battle
  • Ganglion Skell battle
  • aBOreSSs (Prog Ares)
  • In The Forest (Yggralith Zero ver)
  • The Key We’ve Lost
  • Telethia Plume’s theme

just HHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGG imagine Hiroyuki Sawano’s music in smash tho that’ll hype me up more than Shoji Meguro’s music getting in when Joker happened

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Uncontrollable obviously (original and instrumental; NOT remixed)

and then uhhhh
  • Sylvalum Day (Remix)
  • Sylvalum Night (Remix)
  • Black Tar (remix)
  • Wir Fliegen (remix)
  • minor boss battle
  • Major Boss Battle
  • Ganglion Skell battle
  • aBOreSSs (Prog Ares)
  • In The Forest (Yggralith Zero ver)
  • The Key We’ve Lost
  • Telethia Plume’s theme

just HHHHHNNNNNNNGGGGG imagine Hiroyuki Sawano’s music in smash tho that’ll hype me up more than Shoji Meguro’s music getting in when Joker happened
No New LA-theme? I'm disappointed :4pacman: (for real i unironically love those)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So with the rumor about Hero, Sephiroth, and Steve being planned all the way back since base game right here:

And Elma's actress talking about a secret project she couldn't discuss around the same time that leak up above popped up on the Internet on 5chan, the timeline adds up if they were also planning to add another Xenoblade rep all the way back then.

What is that? Xenoblade X music is missing from the game?! And what is that? Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth brought MIA content from their series with them in their Challenger Packs?!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So with the rumor about Hero, Sephiroth, and Steve being planned all the way back since base game right here:

And Elma's actress talking about a secret project she couldn't discuss around the same time that leak up above popped up on the Internet on 5chan, the timeline adds up if they were also planning to add another Xenoblade rep all the way back then.

What is that? Xenoblade X music is missing from the game?! And what is that? Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth brought MIA content from their series with them in their Challenger Packs?!

Remember when Reggie said “... the Xenoblade characters”? Plural?

WHAT IF ELMA WAS MEANT FOR BASE ALL ALONG 👀

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I think your Geno fan is showing...

What? I saw a gif used a BUNCH in that thread.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
True. Though I would advice we keep our expectations in check. We're getting into conspiracy territory with some of these observations, and look where that lead for... you know...
Well... I think Elma had a better chance than Geno from the beginning since Xenoblade X music has been absence from the game like Three Houses content, Arms music, and FF Spirits and tracks which Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth brought with them. My theorycrafting is different from the guys as I go more along with in game evidence on what is missing from the game and what not.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well... I think Elma had a better chance than Geno from the beginning since Xenoblade X music has been absence from the game like Three Houses content, Arms music, and FF Spirits and tracks which Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth brought with them. My theorycrafting is different from the guys as I go more along with in game evidence on what is missing from the game and what not.
I’m lowkey hoping for Octoling as well cause we have no Octo Expansion music and the only OE spirits are of Agent 8’s humanoid and octopus forms

then again Smash usually doesn’t represent DLC content from other games otherwise we’d have had like Urshifu or Calyrex by now

hecc that tho GIMME FLY OCTO FLY

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With that said, I think I'm going to change my predictions on who I really think is going to make it in. I need to stop putting stock into the masses predictions and more my own from now on. It's healthy to think for yourself than to put stock in others peoples' words. Yes, we should be questioning theories and what not, but if there is some strong evidence to go by and that evidence isn't thrown out the window fir a long time than it's worth putting stock on.

AnEasterEgg

Smash Journeyman
Honestly I'd kind of wish for a first-party specific fighter's pass if we were to get another. There's a lot of deserving characters, but their chances are lower since Nintendo seems to want mostly third-parties in the passes for the hype they generate.

On the other hand, there's still more third party characters I feel deserve a slot (and I'd be lucky to even get one of them at this point), so I'm conflicted.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No New LA-theme? I'm disappointed :4pacman: (for real i unironically love those)
late reply, but the NLA night theme is unironically a bop, anyone who hates it is just mean

i like it more than the day theme actually, hot take right here

not a hot take: Sylvalum Night is THE BEST night theme PERIOD. this is not up for debate

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
No. I remember Bill Trinen said it.
Someone needs to update this and put in about Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth bringing most of the suspiciously missing content in their Challenger Packs that wasn't in base game. I think this is here is a HUGE plus for her chances if anything since there is no Xenoblade X music in the game whatsoever.

Honestly I'd kind of wish for a first-party specific fighter's pass if we were to get another. There's a lot of deserving characters, but their chances are lower since Nintendo seems to want mostly third-parties in the passes for the hype they generate.

On the other hand, there's still more third party characters I feel deserve a slot (and I'd be lucky to even get one of them at this point), so I'm conflicted.
My Nintendo Fighter's Pass would be:

Krystal (Assist Trophy promotion)
Dixie Kong (Spirit promotion)
Porky Minch
Skull Kid (Assist Trophy promotion)
Elma (Spirit promotion)
Ayumi Tachibana (Spirit promotion)

I didn't put Pig Ganon on my list because I think bosses actually deconfirm characters.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Someone needs to update this and put in about Byleth, Min Min, and Sephiroth bringing most of the suspiciously missing content in their Challenger Packs that wasn't in base game. I think this is here is a HUGE plus for her chances if anything since there is no Xenoblade X music in the game whatsoever.

My Nintendo Fighter's Pass would be:

Krystal (Assist Trophy promotion)
Dixie Kong (Spirit promotion)
Porky Minch
Skull Kid (Assist Trophy promotion)
Elma (Spirit promotion)
Ayumi Tachibana (Spirit promotion)

I didn't put Pig Ganon on my list because I think bosses actually deconfirm characters.
i do believe Calamitas Calamitas made those images, he'd have to make another for Byleth, Min Min and Sephiroth bringing missing content (with an added detail that FF7's base game content was technically brought over from 4)

ps. what's your take on this working out in favor for the Octolings from Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion too? though I guess you can quote this over in the Octoling thread its so lonely :c

also, this segment here until 4:28 as Elma's fanfare or bust:

...also what if she has a dynamic victory screen like Sephiroth or Joker, except she's standing on the cliff overlooking NLA like at the X title screen

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So how much content or music from Splatoon 2 or the Octolings is missing exactly? I have little to non knowledge about the Splatoon series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So how much content or music from Splatoon 2 or the Octolings is missing exactly? I have little to non knowledge about the Splatoon series.
Octo Expansion content, really. we have spirits in base of the playable octoling's human (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy) and octopus (Octoling Octopus) forms, but no music, or other OE spirits like C. Q. Cumber, Iso Padre, Sanitized Octolings and the Phone/Commander Tartar. there IS base game Splatoon 2 content, nothing from the Hero Mode with Evil Callie tho oddly enough

if you wanna talk about them more, there's the Octoling thread

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Octo Expansion content, really. we have spirits in base of the playable octoling's human (Octoling Girl & Octoling Boy) and octopus (Octoling Octopus) forms, but no music, or other OE spirits like C. Q. Cumber, Iso Padre, Sanitized Octolings and the Phone/Commander Tartar. there IS base game Splatoon 2 content, nothing from the Hero Mode with Evil Callie tho oddly enough

if you wanna talk about them more, there's the Octoling thread
So is there no Octolings music or just no Splatoon 2 music in general? Because if the letter, that's even bigger plus.

Edit: I just reread your post and saw the base game Splatoon 2 content sentence.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So is there no Octolings music or just no Splatoon 2 music in general? Because if the letter, that's even bigger plus.
no Octo Expansion music (or spirits aside from the two aforementioned ones) specifically

am concerned that they dont usually rep dlc content from other games tho. there's no ashen wolves content for 3h, no dlc representation in the SwSh spirit event, no spirits of Lola Pop/Misango/Springtron/Dr. Coyle for Min Min's pack (they appear on the tv screens on the stage though)

Last edited:
Top Bottom