• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
Because Thugstas refused to give away his source to the moderation team. I think that’s right call because it means he’s protecting his source.
It's a mixed bag really, I can appreciate what they're trying to do in regards to moderating fake leaks and rumour mongering by asking 'leakers' to provide their sources, but I can also appreciate not wanting to give away your source, especially if it was a unique one/one close to you.

If I had inside information I wouldn't share with anyone who was giving me it, on the other hand I woldn't be sharing the information with anyone anyway.

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
Doesn’t Monolith take at least 48 months (sometimes 72) to develop a game? If they were working on Xenoblade 3 it definitely wouldn’t be ready yet

remember also when they initially said porting X would be expensive? I want to hope they were already starting work on it then, and were almost done after XCDE came out
The whole "porting Xenoblade Chronicles X is expensive" answer is such a non-answer for a studio that's subsidised under Nintendo.

That's like Sakurai saying "licensing fees are expensive for third-party characters" if people ask him whether we'll be getting new third-party fighters for Smash Bros. Ultimate, that's not directly answering the question.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It's a mixed bag really, I can appreciate what they're trying to do in regards to moderating fake leaks and rumour mongering by asking 'leakers' to provide their sources, but I can also appreciate not wanting to give away your source, especially if it was a unique one/one close to you.

If I had inside information I wouldn't share with anyone who was giving me it, on the other hand I woldn't be sharing the information with anyone anyway.
When it comes to source confidentiality, I guess I can see that

I guess Thugstas must have been banned for something else, though he did say that was his last post I think

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
The whole "porting Xenoblade Chronicles X is expensive" answer is such a non-answer for a studio that's subsidised under Nintendo.

That's like Sakurai saying "licensing fees are expensive for third-party characters" if people ask him whether we'll be getting new third-party fighters for Smash Bros. Ultimate, that's not directly answering the question.
I always get a chuckle out of the argument that "Porting X is too expensive", as if it makes sense that they could just make a whole new game from scratch instead and that resolves the issue of money being a problem. It's a non-answer cause making triple A games is expensive, period.

If the real issue is that they think returns on a new game would be better than a port of X, you have to wonder at what point that changes. It's probably the bubble I'm living in online that's pushing the content at me constantly, but I swear theres been more and more XCX content and comments lately online, probably just because it's the 'last of the Wii U games'.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I always get a chuckle out of the argument that "Porting X is too expensive", as if it makes sense that they could just make a whole new game from scratch instead and that resolves the issue of money being a problem. It's a non-answer cause making triple A games is expensive, period.

If the real issue is that they think returns on a new game would be better than a port of X, you have to wonder at what point that changes. It's probably the bubble I'm living in online that's pushing the content at me constantly, but I swear theres been more and more XCX content and comments lately online, probably just because it's the 'last of the Wii U games'.
Plus Monolith is aware of the demand for an X port. I think they’d at least prioritize that before XC3, especially with 1 DE out of the way

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Did thugstas really said a X port was coming?

When I searched on Google I found a post a Monolith Soft game was planned for this year but it did not specify which one was.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Since E3 is approaching (my tastes, too slowly) and a reveal for a new Monolith Soft game seems imminent, my mind has been wandering back to Future Connected, how that's supposed to be a preview of things to come somehow, and how there was this theory that the Fog Beasts and Fog King were rather similar to the Tainted beasts and the Ovah in X. With that in mind, I also took another look at the restricted version of the Time Attack challenge that you get from beating Future Connected, because maybe the characters for that could be a reference to X as well, somehow. And, well, for the restricted form of that challenge, you're in control of Melia, Riki and Fiora - Riki and Fiora could be stand-ins for Tatsu and Elma, and with some mental gymnastics, maybe Melia is a stand-in for Lin? Not really a super compelling point, but hey, I figured I might as well share it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Since E3 is approaching (my tastes, too slowly) and a reveal for a new Monolith Soft game seems imminent, my mind has been wandering back to Future Connected, how that's supposed to be a preview of things to come somehow, and how there was this theory that the Fog Beasts and Fog King were rather similar to the Tainted beasts and the Ovah in X. With that in mind, I also took another look at the restricted version of the Time Attack challenge that you get from beating Future Connected, because maybe the characters for that could be a reference to X as well, somehow. And, well, for the restricted form of that challenge, you're in control of Melia, Riki and Fiora - Riki and Fiora could be stand-ins for Tatsu and Elma, and with some mental gymnastics, maybe Melia is a stand-in for Lin? Not really a super compelling point, but hey, I figured I might as well share it.
Got a video if possible?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
X DE would benefit greatly from the Super Switch I feel

maybe if an Ultimate Encore for Super Switch happens, it might guarantee Elma too since... yeah we will be getting the Final Video Presentation for Ultimate this E3

RebelMaren

Smash Journeyman
If we're on the subject of X being connected to Future Connected, I really feel like people swept the Telethia and the Fog Beast portal completely under the rug.

The Telethia is creature designed by a god, it's not a product of evolution. It being on Mira is super weird, and considering a swarm of them flew at a portal in the sky, I dont think its far fetched at all to think the strongest among them made it to the other side, to or from the future of the world, as connected via the Fog Beast's rift.

Honestly I think X is connected to 1 and 2 more than people think, and it would be so easy for Monolith Soft to connect them in retrospect if they weren't already.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know, in the event that they do a ballot after DLC ends, I think I’ll campaign to get Elma a lead in votes for the next smash

maybe Fiora too so she can get out of Final Smash Jail, and Neku again since he’ll be MIA by the time support ends, I can feel it. Not even in a spirit event

and any other MWs that don’t make it, though I hope at least one of my other MWs is among the final two... like Octoling or Reimu

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
You know, in the event that they do a ballot after DLC ends, I think I’ll campaign to get Elma a lead in votes for the next smash

maybe Fiora too so she can get out of Final Smash Jail, and Neku again since he’ll be MIA by the time support ends, I can feel it. Not even in a spirit event

and any other MWs that don’t make it, though I hope at least one of my other MWs is among the final two... like Octoling or Reimu
I doubt they'll do another ballot. But if it does happen, I'll be voting for Elma (and my girls Fiora and Officer Howard (yes female mc is canon for me)).
Octolings are a given for the next game for me (alts at the very least).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I guess at this point all I can do is hope the next smash is being worked on already - I want to believe that’s why DLC is ending

and of course that Everyone Is Here... to stay

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well, rumors are pointing that the switch pro is going to be revealed soon.

I thought a Xenoblade x port would greatly benefit from a resolution boost from the pro, and that they would wait for it before bringing X back. And we know that it is very likely that a Monolith project will show up this E3, so yeah.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, rumors are pointing that the switch pro is going to be revealed soon.

I thought a Xenoblade x port would greatly benefit from a resolution boost from the pro, and that they would wait for it before bringing X back. And we know that it is very likely that a Monolith project will show up this E3, so yeah.
If it can load all the textures faster without having to download data packs I’m all for it

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Nothing major, but I saw this and figured it might be worth sharing.

It doesn't necessarily contradict what that ResetEra guy said, but it doesn't bode that well either. Still, considering that they don't even claim to know the exact nature of the next Xenoblade game, this doesn't really say anything, ultimately.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nothing major, but I saw this and figured it might be worth sharing.

It doesn't necessarily contradict what that ResetEra guy said, but it doesn't bode that well either. Still, considering that they don't even claim to know the exact nature of the next Xenoblade game, this doesn't really say anything, ultimately.
I’ve heard Samus Hunter has a very shaky record after some research so take what they say with a grain of salt

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It feels like every leaker has a shaky record these days, huh?
Unless they’re Vergeben (at least for base game, DLC not so much); Imran, Zhuge, Nate Drake or Brushie

those guys I pretty much trust 100%

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Any 'leaker' that claims to know what the developers are thinking are suspicious to me, comes off as speculation passed off as knowledge. They'd prefer to expand the Xenoblade universe by not re-releasing X, what logic is that?
Not only that, prioritizing X2 while leaving the tons of people who hadn’t played X on Wii U in the dark

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Still for all intents and purposes staying away for the time being from this site buuuuuuttttt
At the very least I’d like to see X DE and/or PXZ3. One if not the other at least.

and that I get at least one MW as the Smash reveal(s) even if it ain’t Elma. Gave up on her for this game anyway, but if it’s octoling or Reimu or LoL or something I’ll be perfectly content

and yes I know it’s late. Just posting here for posterity

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Still for all intents and purposes staying away for the time being from this site buuuuuuttttt
At the very least I’d like to see X DE and/or PXZ3. One if not the other at least.

and that I get at least one MW as the Smash reveal(s) even if it ain’t Elma. Gave up on her for this game anyway, but if it’s octoling or Reimu or LoL or something I’ll be perfectly content

and yes I know it’s late. Just posting here for posterity
I knew i forgot something. :facepalm:

I don't have any expectations for this e3 (really, what can one expect?). Just give me some cool games, one or two surprises and a smash reveal and im happy.

Can't watch it live this year. I hope i can get through that evening without getting spoilered.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
there's 0 chance of anything X related showing up and i couldn't care less about what monolith soft does after XB2 and future connected so i'm just taking the W that is leaked Shin Megami Tensei V information and being content with that. i hope there's literally anything for you guys to enjoy in the presentation.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
4 days left…

I hope at least X gets leaked or something. Idc man, I’m desperate

maybe the supposed new Monolith IP could have cameos by Shulk, Fiora, Rex, Pyra, Mythra AND Elma? And obligatory KOS-MOS and T-elos

ngl I’d settle for that too

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Legit, if Elma SOMEHOW makes it as the final two or even a hypothetical bonus

I WILL change this thread title to “Excuse me WHAT?! WHAAAAAAAAATTTTT?!”

… but of course I’m not counting on that to happen

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Something XCX related would make the entire e3 for me. We can only hope.

Whatever happens in the coming week.... I'm proud of how large this thread has grown, it shows that love for Xenoblade X and Elma is still as strong as ever!
I agree. It's nice to see that so many people care about Elma and XCX. We've come a long way.

Top Bottom