• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
XC2 feels kind of like they sacrificed gameplay, story, and worldbuilding for waifus and gatcha.
I'm gonna get a whole bunch of hate, I'm sure, and I don't mean to offend but...

As a Xenosaga fan...the mainline Xenoblade games feel that way to me too. I love Shulk a whole bunch and from the gameplay and story videos I've seen of the first (LPs etc) it looks to be a perfectly fine game...but it lacks in weird unique ambition compared to Saga. Not a bad game, just not what I like in one with the Xeno- name.

I love X because it was closer to Saga in themes and characterization and gave us a giant breathing beautiful world to explore. It was compelling and strange and unique with characters and NPCs and side quests that got my mind racing. It was also a whole ton of fun.

XC2 feels like... not that to me at all and doesn't even do what the first one did right. Rex doesn't seem that good, certainly not good enough to get me to play a couple hundred hour game, and I don't like the combat or Blade system. But I mean, I've not played it so I guess I don't have room to talk but it doesn't... interest me at all. Torna sounds like it fixes all that though and even if it's not X or Saga at least it's XC1. Plus it's easier to digest since I only have so many hours in the day.

Not to hate on regular -Blade fans, just some observations. You can enjoy what you want to enjoy! I unironically love the Mario movie so, like, who am I to say what you like isn't good. Haha.

Last edited:

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Damn, I leave for 2 days, and there is a ton of discussion I missed.

On another note, I actually looked up Caitlin Glass's other roles, and she's taken on a ton of them.

Notable ones are Haruhi from Ouran Highschool Host Club (she does a lot of anime), Winry from Fullmetal Alchemist, Kyoko Kirigiri from Danganronpa, Cammy from Street Fighter, Mina Ashido from My Hero Academia, and Petra from Attack on Titan. She's got a lot of other roles under her belt though.
Yeah and don't forget Deneve from Claymore. When you think about it, Glass plays a lot of spunky characters with upbeat personalities, like Mina Ashido and Miria. The only roles where she plays a completely serious character as far as I know, are Deneve and of course, Elma.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304
I'm gonna get a whole bunch of hate, I'm sure, and I don't mean to offend but...

As a Xenosaga fan...the mainline Xenoblade games feel that way to me too. I love Shulk a whole bunch and from the gameplay and story videos I've seen of the first (LPs etc) it looks to be a perfectly fine game...but it lacks in weird unique ambition compared to Saga. Not a bad game, just not what I like in one with the Xeno- name.

I love X because it was closer to Saga in themes and characterization and gave us a giant breathing beautiful world to explore. It was compelling and strange and unique with characters and NPCs and side quests that got my mind racing. It was also a whole ton of fun.

XC2 feels like... not that to me at all and doesn't even do what the first one did right. Rex doesn't seem that good, certainly not good enough to get me to play a couple hundred hour game, and I don't like the combat or Blade system. But I mean, I've not played it so I guess I don't have room to talk but it doesn't... interest me at all. Torna sounds like it fixes all that though and even if it's not X or Saga at least it's XC1. Plus it's easier to digest since I only have so many hours in the day.

Not to hate on regular -Blade fans, just some observations. You can enjoy what you want to enjoy! I unironically love the Mario movie so, like, who am I to say what you like isn't good. Haha.
I mean I think most people in this thread are more XCX fans than XC2 fans. Personally I've only played XC1 XCX and XC2, out of which the only one I've beaten is XCX. A big thing though is that I should've had alarms going off in my head when I started playing XC2 and instead of being almost immediately wowed with interesting gameplay and a suspenseful opening to the story... I was greeted by bucket tons of tutorials.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
XC2 feels kind of like they sacrificed gameplay, story, and worldbuilding for waifus and gatcha.
That about sums up a roughly two-hour rant analysis video that I have in me in 15 words.

Edit: And hey, only one more page to go until we have 100!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know even though I want Rex/Pyra more then Elma I feel like Elma getting in would make me happier by a net positive simply because XcX is underrated so hard and always called the "black sheep of the franchise" even though it's a really really ****ing good gane despite not being quite as popular. If it really isn't repped at all by DLC's end, that'll just fuel the X haters even more (they'll say **** like X isn't repped because it's a bad game or some other bullcrap like that). If Elma gets in it'll prove then all wrong and that'll bring so mucb joy to myself

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
After thinking on it a while, I wrote an argument as to why Elma has a really good chance. I am not going to expect Elma, but I will have hope.

1. Sakurai probably does like Xenoblade Chronicles X.
Sakurai is a big fan of the first Xenoblade, so I really think he would've at least tried Xenoblade X in 2015. And, well, I just can't imagine him having the same reaction as those who hated the game because of its main story and/or music. None of Sakurai's games, besides maybe Kid Icarus Uprising and Brawl, have a big focus on story. He's always put gameplay first. He is a fan of FE Awakening and Fates despite many people hating the story in those games. Sakurai was also good friends with Iwata so I'd think he would've seen the Iwata Asks with Tetsuya Takahashi (or any of Takahashi's interviews about Xenoblade X) where he explains that the focus was the world, gameplay, and side quests which they put an incredible amount of heart and effort into. As a game developer himself, Sakurai must be able to appreciate that. In his Famitsu column on Xenoblade 2, he praised the open world a lot and mentioned specifically the "sense of freedom"... It's easy to argue Xenoblade X has a better open world with a bigger sense of freedom.

2. Xenoblade Chronicles X DLC would be a good business move.
I've been told there's little chance of X content being DLC because the game didn't sell well. Except, despite being on the Wii U, it sold better than most Fire Emblem games including Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, and Shadows of Valentia. The sales weren't that great, but that could also make Sakurai want to represent it to increase its popularity. Xenoblade X will still most likely get a port (and a sequel!) eventually. Monolith Soft and many others are confident in the game's quality. More people just need to be enticed to try it. Representing X in a significant way would definitely help the sales of the X series moving forward.

3. There's practically no excuse for having no Xenoblade Chronicles X music.
Hiroyuki Sawano is very famous in Japan. I'd think that even if Sakurai personally isn't a fan, he'd see if some music from Xenoblade X could be included considering Sawano's popularity. I don't know too much about Sawano himself, but he certainly doesn't seem too strict about the use of his music. Most of it can be found on YouTube. Monolith Soft got it in Xenoblade 2. Studio Trigger got music he composed for Kill la Kill into Space Patrol Luluco. If his music isn't among the locked songs in Smash Ultimate, either Sakurai doesn't think the style fits Smash at all AND none of the composers for the game could/wanted to remix any of the songs to better fit Smash, or it's being held back for DLC.

4. Xenoblade Chronicles X deserves a stage.
Mira is perhaps the most impressive open world Nintendo has ever made (alongside BOTW). Exploring X's world is basically the point of the game. There are tons of beautiful set pieces; just look again at the exploration trailer! https://youtu.be/AvpNXhzscjQ?t=38 A place like this would be a more exciting addition for most people than something like a 6th Kirby stage for Bandana Dee. Between Smash 4's DLC and Smash Ultimate, the only new stages not tied to a character from an unrepresented series are Super Mario Maker, New Donk City Hall, and Great Plateau Tower. Not many at all... It's possible Sakurai wanted to have a stage set on Mira, but couldn't because of time constraints--I imagine it being more work than one of those three if the stage takes place at multiple locations.

5. Elma is one of the best choices still in the running to be playable.
Most people still seem to be predicting Bandana Dee as Nintendo's DLC character (assuming the other four are from 3rd parties). While a spear user would be cool, there's not really that much you can do with a spear. Throw, thrust, swing, spin...that's about it. Bandana Dee himself doesn't have any cool abilities. I think the Belmonts, Corrin, and Ridley (to some extent, with his spear-like tail) have cooler aspects to their long range movesets than Bandana Dee could have. Elma would be unique because in addition to swapping between dual blades and dual guns, she has Shadow Strike (like Shulk's back slash, but probably as Up Special with a high jump), Sliding Slinger (low-slide while shooting forward), Ghost Factory (which might, for a limited time, make the next single attack that would've hit miss) and Tension Points/Overdrive, which could make her moves more powerful. We've seen how important a unique moveset is to Sakurai when choosing newcomers.

Last edited:

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Whilst I personally don't believe the Mii Costume rules Rex & Pyra out of DLC (Sakurai said Rex was too late for Base Roster) I do think Elma is the more likely of the two and I am just as excited and happy for that eventuality.

I'd be incredibly surprised, shocked even, if we do not get Xenoblade content in the Fighters Pass. It has become a huge series for Nintendo in terms of being their poster JRPG and it is one that Sakurai has stated multiple times he loves.

I reckon 100% we're getting a Xenoblade character for DLC and I feel it's probably a 65/35 split Elma's way on who it will be.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice

I actually agree with this. Even though it doesn't have an ending (yet), I think I might prefer the story of XCX over the other games, mainly due to the more Sci-Fi elements. I've never played any of the Xenosaga games, but I did watch Xenosaga the Animation and I thoroughly enjoyed the story and characters.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Sakurai said Rex was too late for Base Roster
He didn't, actually. The wording was really vague on that part, and will hopefully be cleared up in a future Famitsu column of his. It however wouldn't really make sense for the developers to go all out on XBC2 content for the base game (music, multiple spirits, at least two Mii costumes), apologize for Rex not making it, and have him as a DLC fighter later on.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
He didn't, actually. The wording was really vague on that part, and will hopefully be cleared up in a future Famitsu column of his. It however wouldn't really make sense for the developers to go all out on XBC2 content for the base game (music, multiple spirits, at least two Mii costumes), apologize for Rex not making it, and have him as a DLC fighter later on.
Okay he didn't specifically say "base" roster, but my interpretation of how they haven't started development on DLC until finishing the game (they're debugging last they said) and the phrasing of the Rex costume really makes me think it is specifically talking about base roster. They wouldn't have been planning and working on DLC way back in January 2017 if they're only going to start it some time this month.

That being said, I'm all good for the Blade getting into Smash being Elma!

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
The comment on Rex really is confusing. Some people think he was placating Japanese fans who feel that Rex -should- be in the base game because the Japanese have an understanding of what things -should- be like and don't care if reality gets in the way. I don't think any Western fans thought Rex had a shot in the base game (most were assuming DLC would be his chance). You can kind of see why people interpret it as both "Sorry Rex didn't make it in but he will" and "Sorry Rex can't and won't make it in".

Last edited:

Kingshadow3

Smash Cadet
Rex was most likely given a Mii costume as Sakurai is probably unsure whether Rex & Pyra would be a DLC fighter in the future. I don't think he can predict who the 5 DLC fighters are going to be and if there will be more afterwards. It's more of the question of "will they" than "can they"?

Still, I would love any new rep for Xenoblade Chronicles to get in and would still give Elma a sporting chance. Shulk shouldn't be the only XC rep after getting a nice boom.

ColtonS25

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 6762 3529 5300
It's interesting, as I think that Elma's the only Xenoblade protagonist with a hope for another game. Both Rex and Shulk are done for from a storytelling perspective. I think that a potential X2 would take place in either a New Tokyo or New London, and that you would meet up with Elma part way through the adventure. She may take a more secondary role, but I think that it'd end up being more than a cameo. Rex and Shulk will probably either be only mentioned or have an NPC role in the numbered installments.

D

Deleted member

It's interesting, as I think that Elma's the only Xenoblade protagonist with a hope for another game. Both Rex and Shulk are done for from a storytelling perspective. I think that a potential X2 would take place in either a New Tokyo or New London, and that you would meet up with Elma part way through the adventure. She may take a more secondary role, but I think that it'd end up being more than a cameo. Rex and Shulk will probably either be only mentioned or have an NPC role in the numbered installments.
Yeah, Elma 100% has more lasting relevancy

even though all the Xenoblades take place in the same multiverse, the numbered installments appear to focus on hopping between them and explaining more lore about how exactly they are connected (first gane focused on Klaus' initial expirement, second game focused on the second half of Klaus and establishing the multiverse, third game will probably explore the Conduit somehow) while the X series will probably focus on Mira for the foreseeable future. At least, that's how I'd do it

Last edited by a moderator:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Okay I know this probably isn’t the thread to post this in...but I feel as though this group is the most level headed of smash fans.

I will accept any backlash I get for this...BUT...
Can someone explain to me to whole Geno thing...im
Literally nervous to ask any of his fans about him because they’re...umm...very passionate about him and I don’t feel like being scolded like a child.
All we do in the general thread is talk about him.

i
Know this isn’t the thread for this, but I really don’t know where else to go... the general thread is a nice way to pass time until ultimate but he consumes it...and undairly and unfortunately, all of this talk turns me off to the character himself without any knowledge of him. Which I HATE that I’m doing. And, as an alterior so the subject doesn’t just go to him, I’ll ask a few Xeno questions.

1.) do you support Elma for HER, for X representation, or most likely both

2.) If any other party member could be playable, who would you want(Lin was a great party member)

3.) (such a terrible question) but what tier do you think Elma would be in(literally
Impossible to answer but will be fun to hear some speculation)

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Literally nervous to ask any of his fans about him because they’re...umm...very passionate about him and I don’t feel like being scolded like a child.
Geno is basically Sora but for people slightly older. It's the same thing, Enix using big childhood franchises to bring JRPGs to a western audience, but they did it with Mario instead of Disney. Difference is that he was a side character and existed in just 1 game before disappearing from just about everything.

Last edited:

Sysreq

Smash Ace
Okay I know this probably isn’t the thread to post this in...but I feel as though this group is the most level headed of smash fans.

i
Know this isn’t the thread for this, but I really don’t know where else to go... the general thread is a nice way to pass time until ultimate but he consumes it...and undairly and unfortunately, all of this talk turns me off to the character himself without any knowledge of him. Which I HATE that I’m doing. And, as an alterior so the subject doesn’t just go to him, I’ll ask a few Xeno questions.

2.) If any other party member could be playable, who would you want(Lin was a great party member)

3.) (such a terrible question) but what tier do you think Elma would be in(literally
Not sure what you mean by "Geno thing". If you mean rabid Geno fanbase wanting him in Smash, uh, yeah, that's a thing. Why, I'm not sure. He's from a game from many people's childhoods and has a unique design; that's about all I can weigh in on. I personally don't care for him.

As for your other questions: I support Elma for Elma as I've not played XCX. And in terms of tier, well, she could probably be mid to high-tier if she was quick, had zoning capabilities with the guns, but also had good melee. Obviously her other specials would dictate the rest.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130

i

Geno is essentially the dream nostalgia pick for many gamers who grew up with Super Mario RPG. They've pulling to get him in since Brawl, and with the Mii costume in Smash 4 and the fact that Sakurai actually wanted Geno in the past, they're doing whatever it takes to get him in, since this may be his last chance for Smash.

I personally don't have any attachment to Geno and am overall indifferent to him. The Geno fanbase can actually be surprisingly level-headed at times, so you shouldn't feel too afraid to express your opinion, but I understand why you might not want to.

As for your Xeno questions:
1) Both. X is the only Xenoblade game that I've played myself, and Elma is my favorite character throughout the Xenoblade series. Getting her into Smash would be a win-win for me.

2) I would also say Lin. Or Tatsu (I know he technically isn't a party member, I just want a playable Nopon).

3) I honestly don't know. I end up playing characters that are completely opposite of each other on the tiers. Although my true mains (Bowser/Bowser Jr.) tend to be towards the bottom (and Bowser Jr may be the worst character in Ultimate since he somehow got NERFED even more).

But if I had to guess, probably mid-high tier. Not top 10, but probably somewhere in the top 20.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500

1) Mostly for Elma herself, but I wouldn't lie if I say that I want to see some X haters eat their hats.

2) Personally I would go with Lyn (because she is the second most important character in the game) Nagi (my personal favourite and usual 4th member of my party), Mia or Hope (Both because I really like them as characters).

3) You know what? Screw it, I can see our gal being Top Tier, maybe even in the Top 5. It really depens if she can switch freely her dual guns with her dual blades, something which will make her extremely versatile against almost any other Smash character.

CyberSkies

Smash Rookie
NNID
kronax_master
Switch FC
SW 2962 1993 0304

i

Alright let me clear the air a bit. Some people have pretty much hit the nail on the head but I feel it needs a tad bit more explaining. Basically yeah he was in one game from the 90s and never showed up again. That's exactly why we want him in. The same reason mother fans wanted lucas in brawl. We want to see more and with the way things are going between square and Nintendo right now, Smash Ultimate seems like the best time for him to get in. Honestly though, I personally don't see him getting in. I don't think square is interested in making a mario RPG sequel anytime soon so they really have nothing to gain from letting Sakurai use the character. DLC is his best chance but I wouldn't put money on it.

To answer your questions then:
1) YES YES YES (I also just really need those bop Sawano tracks)

2) Lin would probably be my first choice although I'm not sure how she'd play. Beyond that I guess Lao could be cool.

3) She'd probably have decent fast midrange moves along side some really good zoning moves with her guns and the such so my guess would be somewhere around like S-B Tier but high tier for sure.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Y'know, everyone always considers towns such as New Tokyo (which admittedly was mentioned in concept art and the like) or New London, but I personally would kinda like to see something outside of the "usual suspects" like a New Berlin. It'd even kinda fit, considering how many pieces of the soundtrack have German lyrics. I'd heavily doubt that the way the culture is depicted would be right to any extent, but it still would be fun.

1. Both, definitely both.
  2. If we're talking Echoes, then easily Cross. Other than that, I'd say either Lao or Hope.
  3. Well, since our best shot right now is DLC, I'm saying high tier. After all, so far, the only DLC characters that aren't at least high tier are returning veterans.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp

Also since I didn't answer these parts off the question in my other reply (which I edited the reply into so I don't think you would have gotten the alert) I'll get back to it:

1) more for X than Elma herself, but I think Elma is an excellent representative and the character who's class and signature moves would fit into Smash best. Also the only reason it's not Elma herself is because I think X struggled in the character department but more than made up for it elsewhere, though Elma wasn't one of the issues when it came to characters so that's another plus for her vs X in general.

2) that's a bit rough, not too sure really, like I said I personally don't think think they stood out. L is wacky and interesting. I remember liking Hope but don't know if she'd actually be good for Smash. Maybe Yelv? He'd fit and I enjoyed him.

3) definitely high tier, if she is faithfully able to switch weapons between melee and range then I can see her being versatile like Ryu is, plus some potential for extra mobility and needless to say much less able to be camped.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero

i

Geno is wanted because he's always been wanted, basically. Even after 64 was released the only characters I remember people seriously wanting for "Super Smash Bros. 2" or "Super Smash Bros. For Dolphin" were Rareware characters and Geno. Mario RPG introduced a lot of kids to RPGs and Geno was just cool to them and had a gun. I never really wanted him but then again my most-wanted was and is Marina Liteyears, so I have no room to talk about obscure wants. But yeah, his support started early and it just became a...I don't want to call it a bandwagon but bandwagons aren't always bad, and it became a movement people stick with and new people see it and are like "yeah sure".

For the rest of your questions...

1. Both. I love Xenoblade X and to be honest getting a character from it would be so cool because you'd get great music, great stages, and all the haters would be blown out. But also I specifically want Elma because she's awesome. Love her as a character.

2. Irina because I want to put her and Elma in a team don't @ me

3. TOP TIER BABY LET'S GO

D

Deleted member

i

1. For her and Xenoblade rep. as a whole, but I would LOVE to see the X hater's salt if she's announced
2. Lin, 100%. Shes the second most iconic. I guess Cross could be an Elma echo?
3. Is she's a fast character like many of us are expecting, then she should be pretty high tier. Honestly I would love that, since Shulk is looking to be top tier as well :p

Luviant X

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Luviant_X
Switch FC
SW-2346-6627-6402

i

No need to be nervous. I had similar questions about Skull Kid and posed them in their thread a few months ago. While there were some that took offense (as there will be anywhere you go), there were plenty who were respectable and happy to explain why they love their character, some giving very interesting and worthwhile answers.

Just be sure to be honest that you want to understand why they love Geno and be respectable like you're doing here with us. :)

1. I support Elma's inclusion both for her and for X.

First, I fell in love with X. It's one of my favorite games of all time. Its world, music, plot, characters, and gameplay blew me away and stood out to me.

For Elma, I didn't have a strong opinion on her until late in the game when I learned who she really was and what made her a hero. That's when I began to appreciate her character, design, personality, and fighting style.

If she is made playable in the future, she would be an insta-main for me, along with Samus who is my favorite Nintendo character, with Palutena not too far behind them.

2. Lin.

3. Elma could be top 15. She'd be fast and a high jumper with range. Usually those types of characters fair well in fighters (see ZSS).

Last edited:

Akg0001

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Akin01
Elma and Dixie Kong for Smash Ultimate!!! :love:

Last edited:

Condenir

Smash Apprentice
Truly thank you guys for all your answers :)

I think I’m understanding a bit more!

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato

1) I support anything X related. But, Elma's character would really be a refreshing addition to the Smash roster. Her inclusion would bring more attention to X and in turn give more attention to X2.

2) Celica for her unique design.

3) High tier. I hope she has a unique mechanic that doesnt fall flat, speed to match her style with decent killpower, and a kit that can respond to a lot of situations. Defintely not top tier though.. I would hate seeing her become the next Bayonetta.....

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice

1.) Both...I love the game and it's too underrated/unknown right now. I'd really like the world and music to be in Smash. I love Elma's sleek, colorful design and mature voice (which is 100x better than Rex's English voice btw). As a character she is so refreshing because of her wits, maturity, and general calmness. Most JRPG protagonists seem to be somewhat rash go-getters who yell a lot.

2.) I really like Lin, but I think I might go with Yelv. He wields Photon Sabers and Rayguns, which I think are among the coolest weapons in the game. One of his signature Arts is Essence Exchange, which swaps his current HP and TP amounts. If he had some sort of meter for Tension Points in Smash, that could be incredibly interesting (but it might not work for being too OP). I like his friendly delinquent personality too.

3.) I'm hoping high tier. She would have more options than a bunch of fighters with guns, swords, and unique abilities on top of that.

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
What do you guys think a potential Mira stage should be? It's hard to choose from all those beatiful locations imo so it should be some kind of moving stage, teleporting you from NLA to the floating islands of Primordia for example and to the prettiest locations of the other continents.

The more I think about that, the more I want to return to that beatiful world and listening to that awesome soundtrack. I'm not religious but I may start praying for XCX 2 and XCX DLC in Smash today. Wish me (or us) luck lol.

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think a potential Mira stage should be? It's hard to choose from all those beatiful locations imo so it should be some kind of moving stage, teleporting you from NLA to the floating islands of Primordia for example and to the prettiest locations of the other continents.

The more I think about that, the more I want to return to that beatiful world and listening to that awesome soundtrack. I'm not religious but I may start praying for XCX 2 and XCX DLC in Smash today. Wish me (or us) luck lol.
I think a transforming stage like the first Fire Emblem stage or Paper Mario stage makes most sense. I would say traveling stage, but Mira might be too big for that.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
As someone with very little interest in the Xenoblade 2 base game, I hear good things about Torna. I also really like the look of Team Lora. Is that game worth playing on its own?
If XB2 wasn't your cup of tea, I doubt Torna will do it for you either.

The story of Torna is amazing though, but I won't deny that the game forcing you do most sidequests isn't for everyone and I also feel the game is overall the easiest Xenoblade

But Torna filled up the qualms I had with XB2's story and redeemed some characters like Jin for me, who in the basegame imo was very cliché.

Still I feel to enjoy Torna's story the most you need to have played XB2 up to atleast chapter 7-8, for the full experience imo

Phoebe3315

Smash Apprentice
Any predictions for the rest of the music to be put on the blog? I didn't expect 4 repeated series in a row, but there's a chance that the other series not already there don't have a new remix. Tonight I expect Mario or Street Fighter music.

How likely might it be that Xenoblade X music was locked in the Direct so it could be a surprise on the blog later? I doubt this to be the case. But we'll see, it won't be long before people get the game and figure out every music track it has.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Any predictions for the rest of the music to be put on the blog? I didn't expect 4 repeated series in a row, but there's a chance that the other series not already there don't have a new remix. Tonight I expect Mario or Street Fighter music.

How likely might it be that Xenoblade X music was locked in the Direct so it could be a surprise on the blog later? I doubt this to be the case. But we'll see, it won't be long before people get the game and figure out every music track it has.
Well, there's like, what, four music updates left pre-release? I'm guessing that we're gonna get any combination of another track for Street Fighter, Mario and Zelda, as well as "debut tracks" for Sonic, Star Fox and Earthbound. Considering that as of right now, the only remix Xenoblade ever got was the medley in Smash 4, I kinda doubt that we're gonna get any new ones for the base game.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think Xenoblade has a thing for badass dual wielding women

Fiora in XC1, Elma in XCX, and Morag/Nia in XC2

hey i'm not complaining all those characters are FANTASTIC

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Speaking of alts, I decided to do some (admittedly not that great) mock-ups for some character-based palette swaps with Elma's XBC2 art. I figured I should share them.

A bit off topic, but I thought you darkened Elma when I saw the first alt.

But no, she’s a lot more darker in XC2 than I remembered her. I’m happy that Monolith Soft kept her unique skin tone the same, and didn’t bother to change it drastically.

Top Bottom