• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Elma for Smash Ultimate: Strength comes from experience. That’s true on any planet.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Is there any more news on

Xenoblade 2 updates, more specifically for Elma.
Elma is supposedly a Challenge Mode boss, so we're gonna have to beat her in order to get her. I've also heard that she uses the same summoning/spawn art that was used in that God-awful battle with the Phantasm in Chapter 7. RIP Elma fans.

There's more, but this is what I can remember from the top of my head.

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Elma is supposedly a Challenge Mode boss, so we're gonna have to beat her in order to get her. I've also heard that she uses the same summoning/spawn art that was used in that God-awful battle with the Phantasm in Chapter 7. RIP Elma fans.

There's more, but this is what I can remember from the top of my head.
*sigh* Well if it means getting Elma, then so be it.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Well, it is safe to assume her VA was contacted for :

Voicing Elma as a blade in XC2

So she is definitely on restriction clause due to that.

If someone what to test what kind of answer she gives under these circumstances, I suggest try asking her about this, since this one we already know it is happening.

But I don't know, seems like putting to much pressure on her, and maybe even putting her in trouble. But alas, that is a way to test the kind of answer she gives.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I love the new tread name
BTW I'm actually said Elma in that heart to heart, I laughed a lot when she stated that I was malfunctioning

Anyway that response from Caitlin is great because it doesn't outright state that she isn't working on it. In fact it is purposefully vague...

Last edited:

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
Hah, just noticed the new thread name. It's kind of weird that Caitlin is a huge dog person, but she plays two cat lovers (Elma and Cammy).

IronWarrior94

Smash Journeyman
Well, it is safe to assume her VA was contacted for :

Voicing Elma as a blade in XC2

So she is definitely on restriction clause due to that.

If someone what to test what kind of answer she gives under these circumstances, I suggest try asking her about this, since this one we already know it is happening.

But I don't know, seems like putting to much pressure on her, and maybe even putting her in trouble. But alas, that is a way to test the kind of answer she gives.
Ask her if she's gonna voice Elma in Smash? Someone kinda tried that, but her response was only a simple "that would be cool". Thankfully, she hasn't said anything about not being contacted yet, similar to what Pyra's VA said.

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Hah, just noticed the new thread name. It's kind of weird that Caitlin is a huge dog person, but she plays two cat lovers (Elma and Cammy).
You think that's weird? Sakurai is a cat person yet count how many playable cats are in Smash vs playable dogs.

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
Ask her if she's gonna voice Elma in Smash? Someone kinda tried that, but her response was only a simple "that would be cool". Thankfully, she hasn't said anything about not being contacted yet, similar to what Pyra's VA said.
No, ask about what is in the spoiler tag, well, no spoiler anymore, basically everyone know already. Asking her if she would like to have Elma added as a blade in Xenoblade 2(which is something we know is happening).

Not ask like making obvious that the person know about the datamine, but asking like if the person did not know.

Example. Hi catling, have you seen this fanart (shows a fanart of a Elma redesign someone did for Elma some time ago, imagining her as a blade, easy to find in the Internet). Did you like it? Would you like Elma to be added as a special blade in Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

This way we can analyse what kind of answer she gives when most likely under NA.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As a brief thought, I know we all talk continents as stages, but what about a specific area of a continent?

Like how Gaur Plain is just one part of Bionis. I’d think if Sylvalum had a specific area chosen, it should be Lake Ciel. The way the shallow water reflects the sky, espcially during certain weather = :love:

There’s also Divine Roost (Noctilum) if they wanna include Endbringer as a stage boss

Last edited:

FireFury190

Smash Rookie
As a brief thought, I know we all talk continents as stages, but what about a specific area of a continent?

Like how Gaur Plain is just one part of Bionis. I’d think if Sylvalum had a specific area chosen, it should be Lake Ciel. The way the shallow water reflects the sky, espcially during certain weather = :love:

There’s also Divine Roost (Noctilum) if they wanna include Endbringer as a stage boss
Damn both are so good I can't decide. I want Sylvalum because of how beautiful of an area it is, but I would love having Endbringer as a stage boss. The only thing would be does Endbringer have to be restricted to Noctilum?

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
After seeing Richter get in as an Echo of Simon I'm surprised no-one's suggested Cross get in as an Echo of Elma. They can canonically do everything Elma can, they wouldn't be much more effort and you could give them other signature Dual Gun/Dual Sword arts to spice up their moves a bit. Phog's Sky High as a recovery (similar to Zero Suit Samus's Up-B), for instance.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
After seeing Richter get in as an Echo of Simon I'm surprised no-one's suggested Cross get in as an Echo of Elma. They can canonically do everything Elma can, they wouldn't be much more effort and you could give them other signature Dual Gun/Dual Sword arts to spice up their moves a bit. Phog's Sky High as a recovery (similar to Zero Suit Samus's Up-B), for instance.
I think that's because very few people actually see Cross as a real character. And personally I would prefer Fiora as an Elma echo after someone suggested it.

I would adore Lake Ciel! It has that beautiful, yet mysterious look that I loved so much in Mira's design.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If we get a stage, what do you want to see?

Bonus: What music?
Well, besides Lake Ciel, I think that Weeping Whitewood in Noctilum would look really good.

For songs, my most wanted would be:
-Your Voice: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSyqAsc3wFw
-Uncontrollable: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdnpbmM4pc
-Theme of X: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M&t=0s&list=PLvNp0Boas722IZkbFk00DsW4eD92iQGSe&index=3
-NO. EX 0: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ZWPt9Ht44&index=3&list=PLvNp0Boas722IZkbFk00DsW4eD92iQGSe

But really, any song from X would be greatly appreciated.

except Neo L.A. daytime song, unless it is remixed.

Jibblypuff_

Supposed to be studying
Switch FC
SW 2726 7422 0030
Well, besides Lake Ciel, I think that Weeping Whitewood in Noctilum would look really good.

For songs, my most wanted would be:
-Your Voice: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oSyqAsc3wFw
-Uncontrollable: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wmdnpbmM4pc
-Theme of X: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LsUw4Hzex0M&t=0s&list=PLvNp0Boas722IZkbFk00DsW4eD92iQGSe&index=3
-NO. EX 0: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-ZWPt9Ht44&index=3&list=PLvNp0Boas722IZkbFk00DsW4eD92iQGSe

But really, any song from X would be greatly appreciated.

except Neo L.A. daytime song, unless it is remixed.
NLA is good, take it back.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
I was also thinking of Lake Ciel as a stage, but specifically with the Zu Pharg post-battle serving as the main platform, camera facing towards Sylvalum's entrance. Coronids or Xe-doms occasionally come to the side of the stage serving as a temporary platform or a hazard (attacking the nearest fighter), you can see the Yggralith nest in the distance and Liceours/Aevitars/Cantors roaming around.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Noctilum is one of my most wanted stages. With both day and night time effects.

A few tracks I'd definitely like to see:
Primordia
Noctilum
Black tar (perhaps two versions, one with lyrics the other just the instrumental)
The Key We've Lost
Theme X

A medley of the overworld themes could be neat as well, so we get some Oblivia, Sylvalum and Cauldros music in there as well

Wisehunter

Smash Apprentice
The best stage idea I have is, "Mira". Given how important the world is to the game, a smash stage for X would have to represent it all. One way to do it is a changing stage, where it starts in Primordia with view to NLA, and throughout the fight, it changes to the other continents. And in such stage, it would make sense to have a continent theme medley.

About the link I posted on my last post, it is for a youtuber who is making a newcomer tournament. Right now Elma vs Isabelle is going on, and as odd as it is to say it, Elma may lose, so that is why I brought it here. I voted for Elma in the comments.

Alpswat

Smash Cadet
well i voted, but honestly i don't care for that kind of surveys, i'd rather prefer ones like in the resetera or even RTC.

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
I'd rather have Fiora tbh, probably not feasible anymore but still

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In hindsight they really should have put the Hom Fiora model (using Butterfly Step) in Shulk’s Final Smash, it would technically still be Fiora and tease at her other form being playable

Not to mention the Mecha model is as detailed as Shulk’s (vs Dunban and Riki who are low poly in comparison)

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I still think it can work. Samus appears in ZSS Final Smash, and they also have a brand new HD model of Fiora to use...
The difference with that is Samus and ZSS are literally the exact same character. ZSS just puts on her armour as opposed to "Samus appearing" in her final smash.

Shulk doesn't turn into Fiora in his final smash.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The difference with that is Samus and ZSS are literally the exact same character. ZSS just puts on her armour as opposed to "Samus appearing" in her final smash.

Shulk doesn't turn into Fiora in his final smash.
Still, when you are having ZSS vs Samus it isn't that different. And if they can have Riki as both an AT and in Shulk's FS I don't see the problem with Fiora.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Also, Fox and Falco show up in each other’s final smashes so

If all that is a bust there’s always a Hom model swap/complete Mecha model removal via patch

Additionally, Rathalos is both an Assist Trophy and a stage boss

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Regardless we have a hd fiora model which is nice, now all we need is a playable elma and the modders can get to work lol. Although I don't understand why they added fiora to shulk's FS instead of just making her an assist trophy, who knows maybe she will be and they just haven't shown her idk

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Regardless we have a hd fiora model which is nice, now all we need is a playable elma and the modders can get to work lol. Although I don't understand why they added fiora to shulk's FS instead of just making her an assist trophy, who knows maybe she will be and they just haven't shown her idk
Doubtful as the Xenoblade 1 AT is still Riki and an AT would finish off Fiora’s minuscule chances for sure. Plus if we got a second Xenoblade AT it’d probably be Lin Lee Koo or even Lao.

People have theorized Kumatora may be a Lucas echo and she’s in Lucas’s FS and Jeff is (I think) still the EarthBound Assist Trophy

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Doubtful as the Xenoblade 1 AT is still Riki and an AT would finish off Fiora’s minuscule chances for sure. Plus if we got a second Xenoblade AT it’d probably be Lin Lee Koo or even Lao.

People have theorized Kumatora may be a Lucas echo and she’s in Lucas’s FS and Jeff is (I think) still the EarthBound Assist Trophy
There can be more than one Xenoblade 1 AT. It's also worth mentioning riki is one of the assists that can't be attacked, they may want to add a proper fighting one on top of him, if they don't it'd be so weird to make a HD fiora model just to use it in a final smash when you can barely see her

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There can be more than one Xenoblade 1 AT. It's also worth mentioning riki is one of the assists that can't be attacked, they may want to add a proper fighting one on top of him, if they don't it'd be so weird to make a HD fiora model just to use it in a final smash when you can barely see her
Could also be Dunban, it seems Sakurai is implementing every DLC Mii Costume into a non-FS model in the game, playable or not (and Dunban was both FS and Mii Costume in 4)

And Dunban definitely isn’t gonna be playable cause of his one bad arm, not good for recovery lol

This would also probably mean Tails would be an AT, if not playable which I don’t see him becoming such

Last edited:

MoonlitIllusion

Smash Champion
Could also be Dunban, it seems Sakurai is implementing every DLC Mii Costume into a model in the game, playable or not

And Dunban definitely isn’t gonna be playable cause of his one bad arm, not good for recovery lol

This would also probably mean Tails would be an AT, if not playable which I don’t see him becoming such
Idk about tails since Knuckles is already a brand new at, unlike how riki is one that's been reused from 4. I don't think we'd get 2 brand new assist trophies from a series

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Idk about tails since Knuckles is already a brand new at, unlike how riki is one that's been reused from 4. I don't think we'd get 2 brand new assist trophies from a series
I agree, that is why I personally think that if we get a new Xenoblade AT, it will probably be from X, most likely Lin Lee Ko.

jimbozo

Smash Cadet
I agree, that is why I personally think that if we get a new Xenoblade AT, it will probably be from X, most likely Lin Lee Ko.
I could see Lin as an assist trophy. Her skell seems to be the most likely option, but I could also see her using her shield.

I'd also like to see Ga Jiarg and Ga Buidhe as a tag team AT, or maybe Nagi doing whatever that wild attack was in his affinity mission.

FrostShock

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClockworkWizard
I've always seen Lin as the most obvious choice for an X Assist Trophy. She could guard the player with her shield, then fire at opponents with her gatling gun. But I guess her Skell could work too, seeing as Rathalos of all things is an AT now.

Top Bottom