• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Electric Powers?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...in today's pic....

Wii Fit Trainer has electric effects attached to her normal attacks...

Why do you think this is? What other moves do you think will have electric (or elemental effects)?

DISCUSS!

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Last time we saw that same move, it didn't have the electrical properties on it. So character development must still be in the early stages, or they're tweaking her for balancing.

That move looks like it has a really nice hitbox, with both her arm and leg.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That's odd... I can't think of any moves that would be elemental, or even why it would be? Unless it was added to give extra freeze frames to make it easier to get the screenshot I guess?

If however it's a part of the full game I can't see how it would effect, well usefully effect, balance (all it does is give the 4th player more chance to punish her successful double hit, which seems a mean trick for a well landed hit), or have any useful effect unless there's changes to the type effectiveness for Pokémon trainer?

This confuses me...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The attack isn't elemental, that's just the new normal hit effect.

(it looked like this in the trailer)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
You might wanna change the picture. It's now the pikmin ****** Mega Man in his sleep.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That was my first impression.

I agree with Aerodrome that it might just be the attack effect. But I wouldn't put it past the WFT to use electro therapy to get everyone into shape.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
You shouldn't link the picture directly from that site; The url is the same for all daily pictures. It changes daily.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
She obviously stole the electricity from The Great One:

In seriousness though, if her attacks do have an electric effect, I'd hazard a bet she'd be far more potent than we could know, since in Brawl, some electric-based moves have this extra kick for knock back, like Pikachu's attacks, or the Yellow Pikmin.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Why there's a image of two capsules in the OP?
Swamp took the link from the daily picture, which changes every day.
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg
All of the pictures have the same file name, so they just reupload the image and delete the previous one. In other words, this topic's original post is doomed to always change in response to the pic of the day.
such a horrible fate

Tepig2000

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2938-8785-9936
Swamp took the link from the daily picture, which changes every day.
http://www.smashbros.com/update/images/daily.jpg
All of the pictures have the same file name, so they just reupload the image and delete the previous one. In other words, this topic's original post is doomed to always change in response to the pic of the day.
such a horrible fate
Yeah it is showing Marth and Link now. When I want to post daily pics I first save them to my computer so they don't change. Do you know what picture is supossed to be here?

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah it is showing Marth and Link now. When I want to post daily pics I first save them to my computer so they don't change. Do you know what picture is supossed to be here?
I believe I do.
"Beware the double attack!"

Top Bottom