• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Egg Roll Bounce

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I was messing around with Egg Roll today, and I've done this before, but only now figured it out. When you use Egg Roll, you bounce up. If you jump right before you use it, the time between jumping and hitting overB will change the height of your total jump, and where you land. If this is done under a platform, you can control when you land on it,, making two tricks. The first trick is landing just above the platform, so you don't wait for landing, making the move quicker. The second trick is landing barely onto the platform, causing you to bounce, which isn't too useful, but it can make you land onto the middle platform of FoD if the side platforms are high enough. Combine this with cancelling your egg with B after you roll off of a platform (I think I saw Angel of Vman do this, looks faster not sure.) and Egg Roll seems like a decent movement option. Avoiding opponents' invincibility frames after respawn comes to mind.

I never read anything about this, and it doesn't seem too useful, but I figured it couldn't hurt to share. If this has been posted before, please tell me.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
It's a shame there are very few levels that reveal Egg Roll's physics-based properties. If there were tournament-legal stages that had slopes similar to the one in the Super Mario World: Yoshi's Island (?) stage then it would probably be a good surprise kill move :(.

In any case, shield dropping is a better technique to practice than trying to incorporate Egg Roll. I can shield drop with about 70% consistency now.

Purpletuce

Smash Lord
I know, I was just testing it. I would say my shield dropping consistency is about 70% now, give or take. If I warm up doing it I can actually get it down pretty well, but if I neglect it and try to use it all of a sudden, I usually slip up.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
you posted on a youtube video of mine saying

"it was you"

i'm assuming you were referring to the egg bounce..

just thot i'd let you know i saw it :p

Joseidon

Smash Rookie
If you're against a pichu, you can possibly egg bounce over pichu and mindgame the player to SD in amazement. Options covered.

Top Bottom