• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

#EducatedFeet - July 20th, 2013 - Nicholasville, KY (Lexington Jr.)

Side Event?

• Melee

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • Marvel

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Injustice

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SSF4AE

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Brawl Low/Mid Tiers

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Brawl All Random

• Smash 64

• Total voters

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
SP (ShadowPhoenix) and Ttar (Tyranitarphantom) present their first regional event, #EducatedFeet!
Nicholasville, KY, 40356
Fees:
Venue - $5
Doubles - $10/person ($20/team)
Singles - $10/person
Melee: $5/person
Registration will begin around 10 AM for doubles, and end at around noon. Singles registration will end at around 3 PM, and will begin when teams are over, or deep enough to not bottleneck singles
General rules:
Venue only has one major rule - NO CURSING. It is a family friendly venue with kids that enter often, and as such, the owner requests there be no swearing in the venue. Repeated offense will lead to possible disqualification, and ejection from the venue, up to the discretion of the store owner.
The venue is called Game On Frozen Yogurt/ The Playroom, and it is both a used game store and a frozen yogurt shop. It's split into two halves, but you can come and go between them as you please. They have a wide variety of flavors for frozen yogurt, and every topping you can imagine. We've got a few photos of the venue:​
http://i.imgur.com/yuTgqmB.jpg the Frozen Yogurt Shop​
Schedule:
10:30am: Doors Open, registration for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles begins​
12:00pm: Doubles begins​
12:30pm: Melee begins​
1:30pm: Registration for Brawl Singles and Project:M begins​
2:30pm: Registration for Brawl Singles ends​
3:00pm: Singles Pools begin (assuming doubles is completed)​
5:30pm: Kentucky vs Ohio Crew Battle (assuming pools are completed), Project:M registration ends​
6:30pm: Brawl Singles bracket begins​
8:00pm: Project:M begins​
Tournament Rules:
-3 stocks
-8 Minute time Limit
-Items set to "Off" and "None"
-Pause set to "Off"
-Meta Knight's infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
-All infinites and chain grabs are legal until 300%
-There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose th game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
-The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
-Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
-If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
-In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
-If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage.
-For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters.
-Pools play seeding will be determined by set wins first, followed by head to head wins in case of ties, followed by wins - losses, followed by replaying of a starter stage best of 1.
Modified Doubles Rules
-Team Attack set to “On”
-Double Meta Knight is Banned.
-Life stealing is allowed.
-In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
-In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can not determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.
-If percents are tied then a 1 stock per player, 3 minute tie-breaker match on the same stage will occur.
-If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.
Set Procedure
1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player. During Teams play controller ports 1 & 4 and 2 & 3 will each constitute as 'one controller port.'
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 1-2-1 (Team 1 strikes a stage, followed by Team 2 striking two stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.
Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Payouts:
Doubles:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%
Singles < 32:
1) 40%
2) 30%
3) 20%
4) 10%
Singles > 32:
1) 48%
2) 22%
3) 14%
4) 8%
5) 4%
5) 4%
Payouts for Melee will be the same as Singles​
Stage List:
Starters
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Lylat Cruise
-Smashville
-Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
-Pokemon Stadium 1
-Castle Siege
Counterpicks:
-Pokemon Stadium 2
-Halberd
-Delfino Plaza
-Rainbow Cruise
-Frigate Orpheon
Food:
Near the venue there are a few fast food restaurants, including McDonald's and Raising Cane's (you're welcome Kassandra). The shop itself sells frozen yogurt and other snacks. The venue owner has also confirmed that he'll be grilling hot dogs, free to all players!​
Side Events:
As the result of a poll, Super Smash Bros Melee has been selected as a side event! Rules are as follows:​
  • Items are set to off.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
  • Double Blind*: If elected.
  • Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
  • Neutral Start*: If elected.
  • Standard DSR*
  • Gentleman’s Clause*
  • Forced Character Selection*: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.
At player's request, we will be using the current MBR state list:
Starters/Neutrals:
  • Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Stage Bans
  • For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
  • For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
Housing:
Some players may venture from further than Louisville or Cincinnati for this event. If necessary, some local players are willing to open up their homes to fellow players.
List of players willing to house:
ShadowPhoenix (Lexington) (859) 536-1346
Tyranitarphantom (Lexington) (859) 608-0363
Amida64 (Georgetown) (Contact on Smashboards)
Kryp (Richmond)

Groups needing housing:
-Michigan+Ally
-Georgia
-Columbus

Attendance List:
Kentucky:
Ttar
Shadow Phoenix
Soldier2
Judo
Amida
Hoboz
AG
Kryp
Twig
AM
Adam
Ogie
MAV
Earl
Masqureain
The Smile
Ralph Cecil
Mister Eric
Hael Phael
Sexy

Ohio:
Steel Samurai
Clowsui
SoulPech
Sneakytako
Smash64
Sorasin
Luminoth
Kel
MX
KassandraNova
KingBeef

Georgia (Maybe):
Player-1
DRN
Kismet

Michigan:
Gifts
Sparta Kick

Canada:
Ally

TVs:
1. Game On Frozen Yogurt (2)
2. Shadowphoenix (2)
3. KellyK (1)
4. LugigoShard (1)

Wiis:
1. Shadowphoenix
2. LugigoShard
3. Earl Johnson

Gamecubes:
1. Ttar
2. KellyK

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS LEDGE GRABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Press A to Continue

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Brawl Random Tourrnament imo! Lookin for dat top 5 ;).

I'm sure KP will be at this. We got this, KP :D.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Plz vote melee!!!! Fellow brawlers all of us melee players will come and play in the brawl tourney so you guys can wreck us!!!!

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
OH YEAH actually, do Melee. We have a melee scene in KY now, so we should definitely try to include them as well! It would be a great opportunity for them to get to play against other melee players if you state that melee is an actual event here! :D

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
Does low/middle tier include D3 now?
I was thinking of disallowing C+ tier, if we do end up having Mid tiers as a side event
OH YEAH actually, do Melee. We have a melee scene in KY now, so we should definitely try to include them as well! It would be a great opportunity for them to get to play against other melee players if you state that melee is an actual event here! :D
We'd like to, but other games deserve a chance too. We're not sure if we'll be able to run more than one side event, so for now, we're just saying one. If we end up able to run more than one side event, Melee is pretty much guaranteed (of course, if it wins the poll, it's guaranteed as well)

Amida64

Smash Journeyman
Who else wants to have a smash 64 tourney? I can get it up to 2 votes, but that is not enough, if we can't get smash 64, I can get Brawl Random up.... or mid/low tiers up.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Possible to Probable if KY comes out to the MWW Championship end of June :p

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I definitely approve of Melee at this.
Along with a Brawl Crew battle.

BEEPOS, THIS VENUE IS AWESOME.
The OP doesn't do this venue justice. The venue is part game store, part froyo (and by god is this the best froyo I've ever had. Along with almost 100 toppings). We have solid internet for a solid live stream. We have 2 projectors. A main stage and a venue owner willing to do giveaways. Please come out to this. This is the place that could really put the Kentucky Smash scene on the map. This tournament will NOT disappoint and I can assure you that.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
We already have archived photos that I sent to SP. PUT THEM UP.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
We're trying to get a stream, currently the option is open for whoever wants to run the stream. If Kiest wants to come down and run the stream, he can. Or, if FishFlop wants to, I won't be opposed to it.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I'm going to ask Dan to drive to this and if he's okay with it. Maybe make a carpool together? SK + Me + whoever else wants to go.

I have a high chance of attending Crossfire 3 which is the same day as this. I'll know more on that soon. But if things work out with Dan let me know.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
Machoooooooo maaannnn smashfest at my new place tom night be there and btw when will we know when and if melee is in the so I can get my ted bundy on???? And ill need to schedule off work in advance for this tourny???

WhyYouSalty

Smash Cadet
The Macho Man, will make an executive decision here and go ahead and say that melee should be at the event. I really want to go to this and the only thing keeping me back is the fact I can not play brawl worth a damn.

kellyk1035

Smash Journeyman
please just put melee in I have to give my work a months advance to get off and think about the hype that macho man randy savage will bring I mean he's a wrestling legend???????? I think right?
well actually luigigoshard has never casted his vote so that will put melee in lead when he does!!!

kodeyluigi

Smash Apprentice
This is luigigo-shard. Lost my account info when the board switched a couple months back and had to make a new account. Anyways, put Melee in!! We can make it at least a little bit more hyped than any other side event. Melee!

Top Bottom