• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Editing CSPs and In game battle portraits?

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
So how do I do it? I can't find a tutorial on how to do it either. I have basic brawlbox skills if brawlbox is required. Or can I save it somewhere on my SD card. Any help would be appreciated.

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
To edit in-battle portraits, you have to open InfFace???.brres with BrawlBox. Click "texture data", right-click the Portrait you want to replace and select replace, then find your custom Portrait and then "OK".

CSP's go in the sc_selcharacter.pac. Open it up with BrawlBox, go to char_bust_tex_lz77. You'll see a bunch of MiscData[?] from there. In each one is texture data that contains a specific characters CSP's. Just keep opening each one until you find the one you want to replace. Then do the same process you did with the In-fight.

For your images, leave the background transparent and make sure they're the same size as the original.

If you need any more help you can visit my CSP thread here: http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=5161.0

Or PM me.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Ok seems easy enough. Where can I download the sc_selcharacter.pac and the InfFace???.brres so I can open em with Brawlbox? Thanks a bunch man!

Also, is the size of the original CSPs and Battle Portraits in pixels or something else?

EDIT: Found common5_en.pac which had the CSPs. Where do I find InfFace???.brres

EDIT2: I am using the snapshot method due to having to load Brawl through the USB loader. That shouldn't cause any problems with trying to run CSPs off of the SD card right? I just tried editing common5_en.pac , replaced a Captain America picture over Falcon's default CSP (transparent background and all), saved it and placed it in the pf/menu2 folder and it didn't work. Still looks like the same old CSP.

Thanks for the help!

BeyondYou

Smash Apprentice
You can find all brawl files here: http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=bf68243dc4c908b28d78a0e5552916095d6170349cac00195be6ba49b5870170

Just search for "InfFace", The problem is you have to know whose InfFace is whose.

To Figure it out download Info_en.pac from teh link above and open it in brawlbox. Go to miscdata[30] and then textures. Scroll down 'til you see a bunch of MenSelChrNmS's. Click each one and it should show a specific characters name. The last three digits of the MenSelChrNmS is the Same as the InfFace???.brres. So Ikes would be InfFace331.brres. And Since he has 6 textures, his would be InfFace331-336.

Oh, and yes, the sizes of the Portraits are in pixels. I too use the Snapshot Method and I haven't had any problems. The Common5.pac goes in pf/system, and sc_selcharacter.pac is the file that goes in pf/menu2. I prefer using the sc_selcharacter.pac for my CSP's since its a smaller file.

There you go.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I think I figured out my problem. I tried downloading one of your CSPs off the topic you linked and it worked fine when I replaced it but when I used my own in froze. Your Captain America Falcon has a 256 number of colors where my Captain America picture had 10k+.

Simple question, in Photoshop how do I edit the maximum number of colors on a picture? Would that even have been a problem? I should be able to start making my own CSPs and what not after that. Thank you very much for all the help.

EDIT:

Nevermind I figured it out. Image > Mode > Indexed Color

Hopefully that solves my problem. Thanks again.

playermode

Smash Rookie
Hey BeyondYou I sunt you a message in the KittyCorp/MeowMix forums asking the same thing because I wasnt sure which one of these sites you are more partial to, but anyways im kinda having the same problem as goodoldganon...I made my CSPs, Indexed, transparent, and in .PNG but when I place them in BrawlBox and run them in my game it freezes when I click Brawl. Also im not sure where the common5.pac files goes, I put mine in system..but I feel like im missing some other files or folders. You mentioned rather using the sc_selcharacter.pac over the common5.pac but I have no idea in where to even get it/make it or whatever. Also I wanna clear up if it matters if when I save my CSPs in Index, does it matter which one I choose out of Exact, Local (Perceptual) Local (Selective) and etc in Photoshop..thanks in advance

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
how Much Would You Pay For A Beautiful Portrait Of You Or Your Child Made Into An Illustration?
I Am Opening Up A Portrait Studio Where We Would Turn Your Childs Portrait Into A Work Of Art. Does This Sound Like Something You Would Be Interested In?
NO ADVERTISING, it's a board policy

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Is there a list of corresponding characters to their InfFace files?
Its such a pain in the *** to have to open each one to figure it out!

Beninator

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GhotiH
3DS FC
1461-6196-0520
Look at their names on the CSS, the number corresponds with the InFace number.

ThunderBird2678

Smash Apprentice
Hey BeyondYou I sunt you a message in the KittyCorp/MeowMix forums asking the same thing because I wasnt sure which one of these sites you are more partial to, but anyways im kinda having the same problem as goodoldganon...I made my CSPs, Indexed, transparent, and in .PNG but when I place them in BrawlBox and run them in my game it freezes when I click Brawl. Also im not sure where the common5.pac files goes, I put mine in system..but I feel like im missing some other files or folders. You mentioned rather using the sc_selcharacter.pac over the common5.pac but I have no idea in where to even get it/make it or whatever. Also I wanna clear up if it matters if when I save my CSPs in Index, does it matter which one I choose out of Exact, Local (Perceptual) Local (Selective) and etc in Photoshop..thanks in advance
I would use both the sc_selcharacter.pac file and the sc_selcharacter_en archive in the common5.pac. The common5.pac goes inside x/wii/app/rsbe/pf/system, and the sc_selcharacter.pac goes inside x/wii/app/rsbe/pf/menu2. Also keep in mind that the files both have a file size limit, so when importingtextures, lower the number of colours so that you can still see the texture decently.

:phone:

Top Bottom