• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edited: Moonwalk lock

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
It was confusing to me since when I did it, it was the first time I saw it.
I thought about the name "Moonwalk lock"
Then I was told DYF alreadly found this and called it "Moonwalk iceblock lock" ...
To bad ^^

(DYF's FIND !!)

However, I made a vid for those who haven't seen it:

¤¤¤¤¤ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6sxKzwyzrY ¤¤¤¤¤

I made the vid using a CPU, which worked good as you can see.

But! How does human DI affect it?
When I first expierienced this Vs my Friends Wolf, I bounced him from 50% to 120% i think.

Discuss ~

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
If anything, he was DI'ing torwards you?

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I truly think that he was DI-ing toward you so because he thought he could to behind you. Ice Block Lock naturally makes the player bounce away from you. If they DI' toward you, they will eventually get close to you but will not be able to get around you unless they use smash DI

smaci92

Smash Lord
no I think I know what he means...It has nothing to do with the opponent DI'ing. This happened to me before too...I think it occurs when the opponent is a certain percent and I think it depends how the fair hits the opponent. cause when it happened to me, the fair hit my brothers lucario closer to me than usual...

not quite sure how it works yet...but it is very interesting nevertheless...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Not quite sure how it works yet...but it is very interesting nevertheless...
Indeed !!
Juggling/bouncing them right infront of you to about 150% and then Smash'em I just too awesome..
All they can do is to wait for beeing KO'd

smaci92

Smash Lord
Indeed !!
Juggling/bouncing them right infront of you to about 150% and then Smash'em I just too awesome..
All they can do is to wait for beeing KO'd
i'm sure some people will say it's kinda cheap though lol. If worse comes to worse, just do a normal IBL and when they are by the edge, stop, and dash over there and grab to nana spike :bee:

Slush

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I have had this happen to me while practicing in training mode, but never in a real match, its happened with kirby once, and the other times with fox.

I don't know why though, sorry!

Nick A

Smash Cadet
Yeah this has happened to me several times.

Its usually when I spike with nana and popo is really close so that the opposite end of the ice block hits your opponent bringing them towards you. It doesnt last forever though, after 10 or so reps the opponent usually will get up.

nasir123

Smash Ace
same thing with me i did it on a lvl 9 spu and he did the exact same thing i think it happents when ur oppondent DI'S towords you at the begining but i don't think you can DI the other way when you are in the lock

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
You CAN DI away, but most people will just do a running USmash when they get back up, or grab to Nana spike. :p

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
This can happen sometimes, and well, he wasn't DI'ing towards the ICs, it must've been random happening after the f-throw to an f-air. If he knew how to DI then he'd pretty escape instead going towards you.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
same thing with me i did it on a lvl 9 spu and he did the exact same thing i think it happents when ur oppondent DI'S towords you at the begining but i don't think you can DI the other way when you are in the lock
I think you're right..
-----
btw.. I asked my friend, and he tried to DI'd AWAY from me when already in the lock.

"Nick A" max 10 reps?
That wasn't the case for me.. I could easily have bounced him from those 50% up to 200% If I wanted to (I'm positive), we almost didn't move at all...

SO do you guys think one can recreate this somehow? maybe a quick input between the nana-fair and the ice blocks?

chewyy

Smash Ace
This has happened to me before.
I'm pretty sure this is caused. as someone said before, by the opposite side of the iceblock hitting them.
It can easily be DI'ed out of regardless.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
This was originally discovered by DYF, and is the moonwalk iceblock lock. If they DI close enough to you after the f-air and don't tech then the iceblocks will hit them toward you and the character seperation effect thingy (aka fatness) will come into play pushing you backward.

smaci92

Smash Lord
This was originally discovered by DYF, and is the moonwalk iceblock lock. If they DI close enough to you after the f-air and don't tech then the iceblocks will hit them toward you and the character seperation effect thingy (aka fatness) will come into play pushing you backward.
^ I think this is the best explanation we have on the thread...:)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
thats pretty cool. so the ice blocks spawn behind them, pushing them back into you. looks cool, but in a tourney setting i doubt you would be able to pull it off.

Top Bottom