• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edit Brawl's Roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Legend Of Zelda

Smash Cadet
Oh no, Brawl has been delayed again! What terrible news!

There's good news, too, however... Mr. Miyamoto himself has commissioned you to personally refit Brawl's roster. He's asking for a roster of 50 characters, but you're welcome to add or remove any characters as you see fit.

So, what would you do?

TLOZ

Rakath

Smash Ace
Added:
- Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario (Super Mario Sunshine)
- Geno (Super Mario RPG)
- Vaati (Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass)
- Mewtwo (Pokemon Red and Green)
- Plusle and Minun (Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire)
- King K. Rool (Donkey Kong Country)
- Tiny Kong (Donkey Kong 64)
- Micaiah (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
- Mist (Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn)
- Krystal (Star Fox Adventure)
- Ridley (Metroid)
- Dark Samus (Metroid Prime)
- Takamaru
- Black Mage (Final Fantasy)

Removed
- Falco (Star Fox)

That's what I'd do, personally...

Shuma

Smash Hero
R.O.B II and R.O.B III repeat 'till the roster is filled.

Their Final Smash is a Landmaster.

Nalafein

Smash Cadet
Remove falco? no way.
Id added Krystal, Bowser JR, Dark samus, claus, Simon from castlemania, issac, another fire emblem maybe. 50 characters would be to much i think.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Personally, 40 individual characters would be my ideal number.

Here's what I'd do:

Characters I'd Remove-

Wolf (The character doesn't even play a significant role in the SSE and I think that alone says that he was a character addition that had very little thought put into it.)

ROB (Self explanitory and, unless you're completely brainwashed, you know his significance to Nintendo's history is laughable at best.)

Jigglypuff (To this day, I still have absolutely no idea why that thing is still playable because it's significance to the Pokemon franchise is trivial at best.)

Changes I'd Make-

Declone Ganondorf and let him use his sword for at least some of his attacks.

Declone Toon Link. (I personally believe the developers shot themselves in the foot with this character simply because they squandered nearly all his potential. The Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer, and maybe Ice and Fire arrows would have been nice additions. Heck, they didn't even give him the grappling hook or his crazy sword spin attack. It's a real shame.)

Characters I'd add-

Geno (Unique in nearly every possible faucet from moveset potential to character design. A definate homerun)

Krystal (Self explanitory to even people who are comatose.)

Ridley (Another no brainer decision.)

Megaman (A third party character that has been mostly loyal to Nintendo since the NES days, has appeared on every Nintendo platform except the Virtual Boy, and has close to 80 games under his belt. I'm more then convinced that Snake and Sonic were added merely for hype and, historically, neither of them has really contributed that much to Nintendo. Snake has 2 Nintendo exclusives and Sonic didn't join the "Nintendo cause" until 2002. In his own regards, Sonic's understandable because of all the GBA and DS exclusives and the old rivalry between Nintendo and SEGA but Snake is so out of place that it's not even funny...)

Isaac (Golden Sun recieved awesome reviews but I still believe that it's one of the most underrated Nintendo games ever made. That and SMRPG to me are like Beyond Good and Evil and Psychonauts. Apart from that, Isaac also brings a lot of interesting moveset possibilities to the table. Ragnorok as a final smash, anyone?)

Takamaru (A wandering Samurai who fights not only with a katana but also various ninja skills like surikens. What's not to like? The fact that all he is in Brawl is a trophy is beyond criminal.)

Mewtwo (The fact that he was the only unique character that was removed from Smash Bros simply because the developers scewed up with him the first time around is a slap in the face to the fans. I've never really liked the character that much but I'd definately put him back in with a new moveset in order to please his fans.)

Sukapon (Another japanese character that many people don't know about but, unlike ROB, is truly sigificant to Nintendo. He was the star of Nintendo's first true fighting game: Joy Mech Fight. Because of his unique character design and fighting style, he also brings a lot of interesting moveset possibilities to the table and would definately make a nice addition as a WTF character.)

Well, that's about it. All the people I mentioned to correspond to what Sakurai and his staff showed interest in the journal: Geno (5 entries), Krystal (3 entries), Ridley (4 entries), Megaman (2 entries and the only truly third party character that was mentioned more then once), Isaac (2 entries), Takamaru (3 entries), and Sukapon (2 entries).*

*Of the probably 300 characters that were suggested in the Japanese poll, only 21 of them were mentioned more then once.

Banana_Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Well, why not I guess. (Even though there's quite a few of these games lately)

For the Mario franchise I'd add: Geno, Bowser Jr, Waluigi
For the DK franchise: King K. Rool
For Wario: Captain Syrup
For Legend of Zelda: Midna(riding Wolf Link)
For Metroid: Ridley
For Kirby: Knuckle Joe, Hat Kirby(Cycles between Beam, Fire and Ice)
For Star Fox: Krystal
For Fire Emblem: Micaiah
For F-Zero: Samurai Goroh
3rd Party: Megaman, Klonoa
WTF: Duck (from Duck Hunt)
Additional Franchise: Isaac (from Golden Sun)

I'd Remove: Ness

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I'll remove Toon Link and Snake and I'll put Krystal and Ridley in. I'll also put Bowser Jr., Mewtwo and Claus/Masked Man in. If they were all in, Brawl would REALLY be the best game ever.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
I would edit Ganondorf's moveset and put one with a SWORD!Take Black Shadow and give him cpt.falcons moves!edit Falco and Wolf's Final Smash make them not Landmaster,remove Marth and add Mewtwo back in the fray and most important add a third 3rd party character and he would be.....Pac Man!yes this guy!and Ridley remains a boss and Mii is a character and Diskun(Famicom disk system mascot) a character! and add Krystal!

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Add to the roster:
Ridley
Geno
Krystal
Bowser Jr.
Palutena
Fronk
Megaman
Waluigi
Tingle