• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgehopped Arrow to Regrab

Rekaem

Smash Rookie
I'm new here. If this has been discovered before, or the thread is in the wrong place, go easy on me. XD

Basically with Young Link you can do an edgehop and fire an arrow quick enough to regrab. You have to press down, jump and B within a very short window of time, but nowhere near frame-perfect like Samus' edgehopped smash missile.

Youtube link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIjvcsGsLzI

I would say watch it in high quality, but A) the button appears broken and B) its recorded directly off a TV screen so it wouldn't make much difference anyway.

rhan

Smash Hero
I wouldn't apply it to my play style, but it is a good find. I could see it being used in situational circumstances.

Amazing first post by the way. Good ****.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
would have been okay to post in the "tricks" thread to reduce threads

I've tried to implement this before. I was shown by a player in Georgia (S0ft) who learned the trick from Jash. I do this occasionally on the ledge, never try to over do it, as you'll find the arrow isn't as safe as you'd want it to be lol

it's still a fun thing to do.

Pi

Smash Hero
the easiest way I have been able to do this consistently w/ samus (her charged shot)
is to drop down w/ the cstick
jump up w/ the joystick
and then hit b
don't have to move your thumb around so much (the one required to press B)
and you don't fastfall because you're using the c-stick
only problem is the joystick, if you accidently jump away you'll shoot the arrow/charged shot the other way

Top Bottom