• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgehogging.........with the Bair!

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
I hope this is not known already. I am sure you all are familiar with the Lightning-outa-da butt- edgehog (Quick hog as Anther put.) But what about the Bair. If you stand close to the edge and does the moving Bair close to the edge you hit the stage and kinda "bounces off the stage into the edge as Pika grabs it." This, however, is kinda hard to do. (I think that the Bairhog might be part of the new "Edge canceling" thing). I'm not sure if you have to L-cancel the Bair, I think you can but it is not necessary.
Does this new technique has a meaningful purpose, or did I just waste your time. I have a situation that uses the Bairhog:

You are battling Falco. Near the beginning of the match you use a Bthrow that take him off the stage(barely enough for him to fire bird.) Yiou are also close to the edge. You Bairhog which takes falco down a bit. And maybe you need to reverse tail spike if he can come to the stage again. A very low percent kill!

NOTE: This will only work with Pimpachu since he has the balls to do this. Partychu can do this also. But using Truckerchu will only result in a 100% suicide that takes out all of his stock.

Anther

Smash Champion
That sounds so sexy, I can't test it myself cause I'm at work now.. but you're saying if you ledge cancel Bair, Instead of the normal stop at the end of the stage, pikachu will fall and grab the ledge??

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
That sounds so sexy, I can't test it myself cause I'm at work now.. but you're saying if you ledge cancel Bair, Instead of the normal stop at the end of the stage, pikachu will fall and grab the ledge??
Yes. It is even more flashy then the buttlightning edge hog. It finally gives that Bair a purpose.
Unfortunately it is really hard to do. I was messing in the training mode and I was like "Whack The Frog" I think you must be REALLY close to the edge. Getting that close will be hard(Unless you did Bthrow :)). And if you miss it you will either Suicide, or LAG. Allowing your foes to recover and punish you. I would show a video if I could, but I can't.

The first time I did it, it was like an orgasm.... a female orgasm.

N64

Smash Champion
It's a cool idea, works with any aerial (it's just a ledge-cancelled aerial) but probably works best with bair as it lasts the longest, so you'll have the longest to slide with it before you reach the edge. In most cases where you can use it a wd back is enough to suffice. Might be useful for covering more options though, i.e. a fox/falco is recovering and you're not sure if they'll overB to the stage or the edge, so you ledge-cancel bair to edgehog, the bair will hit them if they go for the stage and the edgehog (if you get there in time) will kill them if they go for the edge.

Pika has some nice ledgecanceled aerial stuff though. Like sh bair (facing the edge)->ledgecancel->immediate uair spike. or to fair. or nair. depending on percentage/weight.

pikachun00b7

Smash Lord
Ugh... I am trying to practice it but it is soooo hard. But it gives a little advantage to the space animals. Yeah, as n64 said it helps when Quickhog/WDhog wouldn't help against firefox/bird.
This makes pika+9 sexy.

Top Bottom