• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding with Wolf.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Should it be done?

I'm not talking about just standing on the ledge, I'm talking about edgeguarding as in jumping off the ledge and preventing them from coming back.

Should this be even attempted with Wolf? Especially during a tournament.

I personally do edgeguard with Wolf, Kos is well aware of this xD so he might be able to give some insight...

But overall, should you edgeguard with Wolf? His recovery can be easily gimped... however he has some great edgeguarding moves.

His recovery IS an edgeguard, if you miss them and do your side B and hit them... they're either spiked or take 15% and thrown across the stage. And his Bair... enough said. As well as his Spike which can be extremely efficient.

The only thing that seems to be hindering him is his recovery.

So, during something like a tournament, should you edgeguard with Wolf?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
It depends how well you know your recovery, how well your opponent knows your recovery, and if you can land the first shot. I edgeguard alot as Wolf and usually have good success, but you do have to be careful with his momentum and which moves you do off the stage, I like Bair, Dair if you can use it, and the occasional full contact Nair (Rarely if ever do i use it though), you can also use the down-B to set them up lower, or if their at high percents and trying to recover above you can probably go Fair and kill them as well. A fun side note to edgeguarding is some of the less then spectacular recoveries can be chained Bair'd off in a very quick succession that can result in you gimping them.

During a tourny though, it really would depend on your opponent, some recoveries you can definetly attempt it safely, some would be suicidal (MK) to try in that situation

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
I've edgeguarded MK's before, you just have to fake it so that they do their Fair and THEN you have to Bair.

You also have to avoid at all costs his Down Air hitbox, that hits you you're screwed, however, avoid that and you should be pretty good. Even if you get hit with his Fair it hits you foreward...

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Like with any other character... edge guard when the occasion calls for it >_>

Keep in mind to save your second jump. Also I find that when I play wolf's bair (wolf's version of Marth's fair) it's staled to hell and as an edge guard technique it sends them no where =/
Wolf's dair is risky, I'd save those for a "cocky"occasion x]

snadmonkey

Smash Journeyman
Edgegaurd based upon ur opponents recovery ability. MK is way to dangerous with his good air moves multi jumps and up B. Chars good to edge gaurd are one's like Bwoser Snake Olimar Ness lucario etc, if they have few recovery tricks its alot safer to edgegaurd and typically mroe successful.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
It really depends on who you're edgeguarding. No worries in going after slower recoverers, but Meta Knight and Marth you should probably wait for.

zzz99

Smash Apprentice
i edgeguard all the time, but you really have to be careful about the recovery, especially with stages that you can get stuck under (FD)
just beware with those chars that have much better air attacks/superiority (MK)

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Hm.... Taking into account that edgeguarding with wolf is a risky move anyway, I say if it's a tourney with pro names in it "DO NOT EDGEGUARD" I've tried it B4...... 1 mistake is all it takes to be removed from the tournament and losing $1000 tryin to make your fight "look good" is not a good feeling. If your just screwin around with friends, go for it.

Edds

Smash Ace
you can bair by edgeguarding. dont go full out in the opposite direction to edgeguard cause you wont be able to get back on the stage.

dair is really risky to recover from when edgeguarding. the lag from dair makes is nearly impossible to get back on the stage in time.

ChaoticSamus

Smash Apprentice
It all depends on how you edgeguard and where you edgeguard from. Personall when I'm playing I will grab onto the edge jump backwards Bair then B-over back on the stage. I've known people to jump right out there do a Dair then try to recover and die. If you standing on the egde and edgegaurding the best thing not to do is do your Dair. It makes you fastfall and with Wolf's recovery coming out quickly and hard to control and DI towards the stage with doing a Dair is not the best edgeguard technique. Personally I'd say edgegaurd him just dont do a Dair unless they have one life left to go

Top Bottom