• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding trick?

Gotmilk0112

Smash Apprentice
Something I noticed in my FG forays is that if your opponent is coming back from being knocked offstage and you start charging gyro, they almost always opt to recover high.

And this almost always leads to a free up-air kill.

Seriously, tonight alone, I've done it four or five times now. I start charging gyro, and the opponent immediately goes up, thinking that I'm going to try and shoot them with the gyro, but instead I just jump and boop them to death.

Might just be FG noobishness, but I figured I'd share anyways.

1FC0

Smash Lord
Against me they often recover low and just AD to evade the Gyro.

I think that I did manage to kill with charging and then canceling and grabbing them out of their shield followed by an Upthrow. It's a similiar mindgame to what you described and a nice mindgame but it was better when R.O.B. still had the strongest Upthrow in the game.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Honestly basing anything for robs metagame off of for glory is just not smart.
For Glory is a mess, Trust me I know, I play it too often >.>

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
He is still right though. The only things that you can safely base on FG experience are things that you want to use in FG because people in FG tend to make the same mistakes that people in FG tend to make. But for the actual serious R.O.B. metagame FG sucks and it probably is a waste of time if you want to get serious especially since you have Anther's Ladder which seems like a much better place to get practice for more serious games and is pretty easy accessible.

That having said I love FG 1v1 and still play it pretty often.

Top Bottom