• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edgeguarding Jigglypuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pariah

Smash Apprentice
This is easier than it sounds. And if it sounds easy, it's basically elementary.

I'm pretty sure you could be able to knock around Jiggly for around 80%, copy, side B and then Neutral B, but then Jiggly'd be a vegetable to just watch you do all that.

I think it's best to short hop to side B while behind Jigglypuff then when they turn around from the stun, copy. After swallowing, Side B while Jiggly is in the air. Then when they try to go back to the stage, Rollout.

There's a problem with that if you miss, though.

It reminds me of copying Captain Falcon. You can beat him up to almost 90%, and copy him. You can get him near the edge and smash him with a nicely charged Falcon Punch. If you miss, it means a few free hits.

Wayland

Smash Journeyman
wtf.......
LOL!

To the guy who started this thread: If you did that on a real person, the Jiggs would just approach from below, because she can do that, grab ledge to regain jumps, and then go outwards and recover from above. You'd be in a rollout, and you'd either have to reverse it and not even try, or go for it, maybe take a stock, but suicide anyway. Plus, the setup is way too hard. Whenever I have to edgeguard Jiggs, I try to kill him with bair or uair, or maybe dair him. Jiggs can rising pound and stuff, but dair messes him up.

Also, forget anything you said about edgeguarding Falcon. Falcon can be edgeguarded, but not like that. Dairs from directly above (DIRECTLY to avoid up-b grab), dtilts from ledge, ledgedropped uair, whatever. Just not what you said.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
In general:
Edgehog and b-air as she recovers. D-air spikes can take away enough of her jumps to exploit her lack of up-b recovery. Landing a U-air if she goes above you is always nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom