• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

edgeguarding glitch with neutral b

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
my little brother and i were smashing and he was pikachu, i dont remember who i was but it doesnt matter. i hit him off the stage toward the top right. on his way back, he sent a thundershock at me(neutral b) the ball of electricity went directly to the edge and stuck there, electrucuting the edge constantly and went away around 10 seconds later. i walked up to it before it disappeared and i got shocked, he also could not grab the ledge and got shocked by it, but still made it back due to pikachus ridiculous quick attack recovery; he just went around it

probably a useless glitch since you cant really jump out and get the correct trajectory every time straight at the ledge, plus it seemed to be a rare glitch, not a consistant one. i could never get it again, similar to young links fire arrows on the edge

anyone have any knowledge of this?

N64

Smash Champion
A neat glitch but ultimately not very useful. It's nearly impossible to do intentionally, as you have to have perfect positioning, and it also isn't extremely effective as an edgeguard versus most characters because jolt doesn't have enough stun or knockback to kill, and the opponent can usually upB again and recover while pika is still lagging from his neutral B. It also doesn't work on all edges. To my knowledge it works on battlefield and jungle japes, but that's all I know of.

An easy way to replicate it, if you want to see it again, is to go to Pokemon Stadium. Wait for the stage to change to the fire type (with the burning house and the dead tree). Now jump into the top nook of that tree, face to the right, and roll backwards. Then jolt. It should glitch on the edge behind you.

enjoy.

CQue tHe Sunn

Smash Journeyman
N64: Yeah it's obviously pointless and too difficult to pull off even if it were worth using. Thanks for the Stadium glitch info. It happened to me in FD so i guess thats 3 stages it happens in. 4 if you count the Stadium.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
its a glitch that's quite possibly only in some of the different versions... so it may not work on every copy..

and i dont think its impossible... youd just have to practice it.

whitewulf

Smash Apprentice
its a glitch that's quite possibly only in some of the different versions... so it may not work on every copy..

and i dont think its impossible... youd just have to practice it.
I remember someone saying that it worked on ver1.0/1.1's only... but he could be wrong... >.>

Top Bottom