• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Recovery Attack

Triad

Smash Rookie
I've been meaning to get an answer for this for a while, but when you're holding onto the edge and you press A (or whatever you attack button is) sometimes Sheik will just quickly pull herself up and attack with her feet. But, other times she will crawl onto the stage slowly and jab with her elbow. So is there a way to choose between the two or is it just random?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
she will do the elbow if you are over 100%

the slower ledge attack is over 100% for every character

Tristan_win

Not dead.
What's interesting about the whole edge recovery attacks is some of there different properties

Below 100%
Faster
Longer range
Good priority
Sheik can even shield poke although that has like next to nil uses but nice to keep in mind if you see someone standing there shielding or something

Above 100%
Slower
shorter range
Good priority
but with large amounts of invincible frames

So if someone is charging up a smash attack and you are in range and above 100% ledge attack them they can't stop invincible unless they have super armor and a long lasting hit box (Ikes eruption)

Another thing to keep in mind ~has officially gone in lecture mode~ is that grabbing the edge and immediately attack will add what invincible you have to your ledge attack

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually, another thing you can do that is even faster than both of them at any percent is pressing down on the ledge, then quickly jumping while pressing forward air. Its faster than the second, and can be useful. However, you don't get any invincibility frames.

I use it mixed in with the normal ones. It's good for surprises.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah, pretty much. It hadn't been mentioned in this thread, so I was simply saying it as a third option.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot.
No worries, but I should mention that the nair is faster then the fair by a good 3 frames so unless you wish to save your nair it is a better choice then the fair as far as speed goes

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
this isn't exactly on topic but i just recently realized how to latch to the edge instantly with chain...just tilt up immediately after sideB catches the ledge, good for edguarding or thwarting meteor smashers

most ppl probably already know this though heh

theres all kinds of little tricks like this undeserving of their own topic...

btw do ppl actually keep track of which ledge attack they will do and use it situationally? cuz i just do whatever lol

Charoo

Smash Champion
u just barely quit? You're too slow!

Lets go pro when TVC comes out

Top Bottom