• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge gaurding tactics

Nodrak

Smash Ace
I'm just curious as to how most people guard the edge after sending their opponent flying. Assuming of course you don't chase them off the edge.

The UpB edgehog is quick and easy but I find myself just standing with my back facing the edge charging an aura sphere. Maybe it's just because most of the people I play against hit 'A' to recover but it's effective enough. If they manage to roll past I just grab them since you can grab right out of charging an aura sphere > throw > throw sphere.

Milln

Smash Champion
If I don't go off the edge, I stay a little bit away, and then when I feel they're about to get back on the stage, I run over and do a dair above the ledge. Catches jumpers, attackers, and people who just get back up, with little enough recovery to chase after rollers.

Hestix

Smash Cadet
In all honesty you need to be chasing them off the edge and sniping with aura balls. Lucario's recovery distance can make it back to the ledge even after being off screen on most levels, so it is truly worth it to harrass them in the air with Fairs and Dairs

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I like to charge an Aura Sphere, then launch it after they grab on the ledge. If they stay on and they're invincibility frames are done, it'll knock them off again!

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
I'm not the best Lucario player but I try to chase them with a Fair or 2 and end with a Nair.

Top Bottom