• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Edge Game~ & Stuff

Kodachrome

Smash Journeyman
Erm...I do a lot of ledgedropped b-reversed projectile work for guarding...For instance, drop and pull a bomb at the same time, then use your jump to b-reverse (I've only gotten two) arrows outward. Up-b to the stage and start bomb juggling or let go again and throw the bomb out to follow the arrows. While you're at it, throw the 'rang out there upward just to make sure they're not going anywhere. It's a literal hailstorm of misery for your opponent if you can do it quickly enough and keep track of what to do if they grab the edge before you do on your return trip. SHDA from the edge causes a lot of pain, too...if you like to play it safe. (I don't, haha.)

edit: someone already mentioned arrows. :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
kk just watched all the videos.
-1 for ohio is for lovers. lol

i just really wanted to know one thing, which is how do you chain cancel the ledge grab. Must of missed that thread.
lol you just cancel the chain.
Third one

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
cancel it as in zair again to do so? or third one as in wait for the third tehter recovery so that it cancels that way o.o
You can't cancel the chain in any practical way then landing or dropping it when you grab the edge.
The third video. No thread for it (or at least I don't see any).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
'tis fine.
I don't mind explaining.

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Lol i was experimenting with Tinks edgegame a couple of days ago and practising all these techniques is so much fun. Personal favourite is the drop down Uair. Catches opponants off guard so easily.

I'm no where near the quality of santis bombjuggling though haha. I get all my moves confused and end up having the bombs explode in my face.

A little thing i discovered against rob is when you have a bomb out, because rob goes right to the edge of the leedge so he can finish you off with one of his smashes, you canb press A which slashes him and knocks him back within perfect range for throwing the bomb.

Not that great find but i thought i might aswell contribute my knowledge ^^

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I can't even do bomb juggling 100% right. haha

I don't get the ROM thing. >_>

Santi

Smash Lord
I've been working on more variations of bomb juggling lately.
Even more complicated ways.

I can almost do it on Yoshi and I dont even up B to the ledge
:)
hehe

It's not impossible

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Even MORE complicated?
Ahh I need to work on it more.
I suck at it. =P

Santi

Smash Lord
Even MORE complicated?
Ahh I need to work on it more.
I suck at it. =P
mhm even more complicated
Like being on Yoshi's island

Drop bomb pull > Jump throw up> And then wall jump (You can still wall jump after using your jumps)

Then try to catch the first bomb. Then start juggling.
Im almost there.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
mhm even more complicated
Like being on Yoshi's island

Drop bomb pull > Jump throw up> And then wall jump (You can still wall jump after using your jumps)

Then try to catch the first bomb. Then start juggling.
Im almost there.
Wow sounds hard.
I'll try that tomorrow.

Santi

Smash Lord
On Yoshi's Island when your on the ledge.

Drop>pull bomb>Jump throw bomb up>Wall jump>double Bair>catch bomb with second Bair>Get the ledge

:D

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
On Yoshi's Island when your on the ledge.

Drop>pull bomb>Jump throw bomb up>Wall jump>double Bair>catch bomb with second Bair>Get the ledge

:D
Ugh the wall jump on Yoshis story is so annoying. I honestly don't fully get how to wall jump there every time. =(
I can do some hard stuff, but not consistently.
Santis skills>>>>>Sasukes skills

Who votes I add to this? I got new stuffurz.
I could just make a section for physical moves. This is basically a projectile one. It's like half done I think.

Lobos

Smash Master
I was thinking besides using items, this thread should also have what attacks we can do from the edge, whats useful/useless etc. Like what can cause a stage spike and from where. So yes thats a vote for me. I'll add to anything we don't already know.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well a vote from Lobos is good enough for me. =)
How about I start adding to it tomorrow (maybe Saturday if I'm busy tomorrow, but I doubt it)?
I got some stuffzzz I want TL's to start doing if they don't already.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I got lazy. Might as well add it now. sorry. ^_^;
But I can't add vids unfortunately.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I added a little, I'll add more after I sort the rest of my Itunes. <_<
Thats good. I'll try to get the cable I think I need for my dazzle to work later today. Then I can show specifically how to do things. Should be a very short video.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
Another thought. When you set a bomb on the ground and scoot it with the dair shockwave, does it make any effect on players with contact? Could you do something to a low-down recovering foe by scooting a bomb into their face? XD

Top Bottom