• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edge Floating-Watch the Video!

Dan_X

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've heard of this, though I never really tried experimenting with it. In my opinion this isn't worth doing, though I could be vastly wrong. Nana's AI is somewhat unreliable, and having her suspended beneath the stage is only more unnerving. The fact that something could go wrong and Nana could die is enough for me to rule this technique out. Then again, maybe I'm being too critical. So long as it doesn't put Nana in a terrible position-- so long as she can recover and not die, than I guess it's a pretty bad *** guard. Hmm. What do the rest of you IC mainers think??

Thanks for the vid Rock :D

samai

Smash Apprentice
I might use it but mostly off platforms but this is an amazing discovery

Dan_X

Smash Lord
The thing is, if one of her attacks fails, which could very well be the case... the enemy could very easily stage spike her. I wonder what Hylian and Void think of this. Is this feasible in competitive play?

Nintendogs

Smash Journeyman
I just have Nana do one fair or2 ice blocks while floating, and then she just grabs the ledge again. If you make it so she is stuck under the stage, she is pretty much done for.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
considering how hard it is to gay people off the edge, with auto-sweetspot and whatnot, I'd say this is a good tactic to use. It's quick so it can be set-up when they're recovering. Good ****! ^_^

Just make sure that nana doesn't get gayed. D:

XasteriskX

Smash Rookie
when I do this, Nana likes to start doing up-b in the half a second I'm not attacking. Then she falls to her death. Her AI is dumb...and I am saddened by it.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
When you're done attacking you could just make Popo run off the stage and do an UpB. Don't forget that Belay's radius is huge, so you can telepor Nana even if she's fallen well below the stage. And if she somehow is out of range you can still simply recover with Popo. It's just another layer of depth to add to the IC's intricate set of edgeguarding options.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
when I do this, Nana likes to start doing up-b in the half a second I'm not attacking. Then she falls to her death. Her AI is dumb...and I am saddened by it.
You have to do the aerials ridiculously fast and keep doing them even while Nana is in the middle of an aerial.

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
wow great find

I wouldnt suggest using it all the time but i could see this actually being usable in fights.

If you threw it in maybe once a set you could really throw them off guard and edge guard the poop out of them

Top Bottom