• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

edge cancelling

robyextreme

Smash Ace
After like 6 months of getting predicted and ***** with all my ledge canceling attempts I've finally adapted this into my gameplay perfectly. Several months ago I got it like once every 20 times, now I miss the cancel like once every 20 times, maybe not even.

You can also jump out of the aerial instantly and cancel again, looks really mindgamy and flashy. :p I might post vids some times.

To bad local Power rankings don't consist on this kind of stuff. My community has a bunch of slow minded people.

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
PLATFORM cancelling requires you to connect a hitbox correct?
Yes, as shown in Phanna Phunner, Platform Cancelling is when some aerials can be done immediately as you drop through a platform in order to re-land on the platform after hitting with the attack.

xeno

Smash Ace
Thanks. Is the timing simply: platform drop>airel>repeat?
Also, is it only hitstun that you need, or do you have to connect the attack with the enemy? --Does hitting their shield work

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
Thanks. Is the timing simply: platform drop>airel>repeat?
Also, is it only hitstun that you need, or do you have to connect the attack with the enemy? --Does hitting their shield work
You need to land the attack for the hitlag. Hitting an enemy, an enemies shield, a shy guy, a needle, an arrow, anything - will get you that. It only works with the aerials shown, and you have to do it quickly. You can L-cancel to speed it up, I find it easiest to do so during the brief hitlag.

xeno

Smash Ace
I thought you didnt need to l-cancel because you recovered from the platform instantly?

phanna

Dread Phanna
BRoomer
I thought you didnt need to l-cancel because you recovered from the platform instantly?
You land on the platform instantly. If you L-cancel, the landing lag from your aerial is cut by the normal time that l-cancelling cuts landing lag.

Top Bottom