• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Edelgard von Hresvelg - Black Eagles House Leader

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Nah, Edelgard's absolutely morally gray. Her goal of progressing from a feudalistic society to a more egalitarian modern one, a la the French Revolution, is indisputably a noble one - I don't think any of us would want to live under a feudalistic system! She's also not wrong that the Church is in the grip of an immortal lizard person arguably more interested in her personal projects than the welfare of humanity. It's simply Edelgard's means which are potentially problematic. Couple that with the intense personal trauma driving her and I'd call that a textbook case of gray morality.

I'd still be extremely skeptical of calling any FE3H lord, including Edelgard, a "fan favorite". They all seem very well liked, and discussions in highly enfranchised communities like this, Reddit, or Serenes Forest in no way represent the entire playerbase.
At this point, there's only one way to determine the "fan favorites": wait until CYL4 and see what happens. That being said, they'll be competing against every other character that gets put up for votes, but they at least have "new game bias" on their sides.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
At this point, there's only one way to determine the "fan favorites": wait until CYL4 and see what happens. That being said, they'll be competing against every other character that gets put up for votes, but they at least have "new game bias" on their sides.
Even that's not a great metric, since that's FEH players, not FE3H players. There's quite a bit of overlap, I'm sure, but they're by no means the same playerbases.

ZelDan

Smash Master
The Edelgard for Smash Twitter page just posted a possible Spirit Board for her inclusion. Thoughts?

It seems kind of weird to add any of the regular students on the spirit board, especially those of the Blue Lions or Golden Deer. Only one that does make sense is Hubert, since he's Edlegard's right hand man. And even if there were to be such students, why add Mercedes and felix over Dedue? They put in Hubert and Hilda (the other "retainer" characters), so why not add Dedue?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
It seems kind of weird to add any of the regular students on the spirit board, especially those of the Blue Lions or Golden Deer. Only one that does make sense is Hubert, since he's Edlegard's right hand man. And even if there were to be such students, why add Mercedes and felix over Dedue? They put in Hubert and Hilda (the other "retainer" characters), so why not add Dedue?
I figured that was mostly due to Dedue not getting into Heroes yet, unlike Hubert and Hilda (they put in Mercedes instead for whatever reason).

Troykv

Smash Master
The more I think about it, the more I feel that Edelgard may actually be my second most wanted character xD

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
The Edelgard for Smash Twitter page just posted a possible Spirit Board for her inclusion. Thoughts?

I'm happy to see that people enjoyed my take on her Spirit Board! Allow me to answer some questions or doubts I've seen here.

I made this with the mentality that Edelgard would be the 3H rep, so I wanted to include even characters from the Golden Deer and Blue Lion.
The first page is actually made from the Spirits I feel have the best shot at making in, being Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, Rhea and Sothis (which are obvious), and then Hubert, Hilda and Mercedes bevause they are the characters that IS put in Fire Emblem Heroes (and that's why they use that game's full body artwork). I also wanted to put Petra in since she is also in FEH, but I didn't want to focus too much on the Black Eagle since this would represent 3H as a whole.

On the second page I went with Death Knight, Flayn (which woukd have a fighter representing Sethet in her fight defending her, just wanted to say that) and Jeralt because they are very iconic characters from the game, and also Dorothea, Bernadetta, Lisithea and Felix because from what I could tell those are the fan favourites.

Death Knight feels like a Legendary Spirit
The reason why Death Knight isn't a Legendary Spirit is because usually there is only 1 in each DLC Board, and of course it should be Sothis.

Nah, Edelgard's absolutely morally gray. Her goal of progressing from a feudalistic society to a more egalitarian modern one, a la the French Revolution, is indisputably a noble one - I don't think any of us would want to live under a feudalistic system! She's also not wrong that the Church is in the grip of an immortal lizard person arguably more interested in her personal projects than the welfare of humanity. It's simply Edelgard's means which are potentially problematic. Couple that with the intense personal trauma driving her and I'd call that a textbook case of gray morality.

I'd still be extremely skeptical of calling any FE3H lord, including Edelgard, a "fan favorite". They all seem very well liked, and discussions in highly enfranchised communities like this, Reddit, or Serenes Forest in no way represent the entire playerbase.
I'd also like to add that people tend to overestimate how much freedom Edelgard actually has, since considering who is the real ruler of the Empire (and so of its army)...yeah war was inevitable, and it probably would have been even bloodier. It was his way or the high way, but Edelgard still decides to use that inevitable tragedy as a mean to help people and Fodlan, the literal definition of "if life gives you lemon you make lemonade", and that's one aspect I truly love about her character.

Speaking of fan-favourites, I'd say that each lord is actually a fan favourite, and I'm sure all three will win the CYL poll (I'm curios about the 2nd female tho). I would also say to not put too much tought to those too since the CYL main channel is Twitter, where both Claude and Dimitri's VA have a huge (and well deserved) following.

But in regards of Smash, if I can add something as someone who interacts a lot with the general audience, Edelgard is noticibly more recognizable than Claude and Dimitri (and sometimes even Byleth) to those who didn't play FE3H, mostly thanks to the marketing. I think that's still something worth keeping in mind.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Eh, to each their own. Who's godtier to you then?
Depends on what category you're giving me.

Best girl in general of 3 Houses has yet to be determined, but the best for character development is easily Marianne. :nifty:

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Depends on what category you're giving me.

Best girl in general of 3 Houses has yet to be determined, but the best for character development is easily Marianne. :nifty:
That's a solid pick. I loved her paralogue, and also really wanted to deck the crest guy in the face, lmao.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's a solid pick. I loved her paralogue, and also really wanted to deck the crest guy in the face, lmao.
Married Marriane first, Married Petra in BL, was going to do Shamir in Silver Snow but I haven't even finished CF on Maddening and it's a formal sin to not do the main Lord if it's possible.

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
I've only read up on CYL recently (I don't do gacha-like games) but it's so relieving to see it's a much more "professional" poll than things like Famitsu/Nintendo Dream. No room for hate/downvoting, just support for favorites.

And thank god it seems to be split by gender, else the Dimitri circlejerk would have gone haywire.

Lady Kuki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PetraRal01
3DS FC
4854-7185-6306
Don't think polls really mean much anyway. It's very possible Sakurai already picked which 3H character he wants in Smash, IF he did pick one. As to who it will be? Most likely Byleth to avoid house bias, or just Edelgard due to her sheer presence in marketing and importance to 3H's plot.

Zeb Nasaki

Smash Apprentice
I've only read up on CYL recently (I don't do gacha-like games) but it's so relieving to see it's a much more "professional" poll than things like Famitsu/Nintendo Dream. No room for hate/downvoting, just support for favorites.

And thank god it seems to be split by gender, else the Dimitri circlejerk would have gone haywire.
And I still hope that Marth get his brave alt. Poor man he is always so close.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay folks, pick two songs for an Edelgard trailer: one for a cinematic portion, and one for a gameplay portion.

You can also do two sets of two: one for predictions, one for personal wants.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Okay folks, pick two songs for an Edelgard trailer: one for a cinematic portion, and one for a gameplay portion.

Edge of Dawn needs to be in, probably for the Gameplay portion.
For the cinematic portion that's a little harder since it really depends on the approach they want to take. But I'll say Blue Skies and a Battle would work for a more seriuos scenario, while Life at Garreg Mach would suit a calmer beginning.

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Indomitable Will for the cinematic used for the the Chrom vs Captain Falcon Rematch of the Century set on a windy snowy field on a full moon with some flower petals floating around. Chrom defeats Captain Falcon but Edelgard, having seen the fight, orders her battalion to charge at Chrom. Chrom narrowly escapes the gambit and Edelgard's surprised attack from above. Impressed by Chrom's skill, Edelgard challenges him to a 1v1 fight.

Edelgard Leads the Charge!

Edge of Dawn plays during the gameplay montage.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Indomitable Will for the cinematic used for the the Chrom vs Captain Falcon Rematch of the Century set on a windy snowy field on a full moon with some flower petals floating around. Chrom defeats Captain Falcon but Edelgard, having seen the fight, orders her battalion to charge at Chrom. Chrom narrowly escapes the gambit and Edelgard's surprised attack from above. Impressed by Chrom's skill, Edelgard challenges him to a 1v1 fight.

Edelgard Leads the Charge!

Edge of Dawn plays during the gameplay montage.
If Chrom actually showed up in the Edelgard trailer I think it'd be my favorite one, hands down. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
https://thegameawards.com/brackets/players-voice?round=3

So Three Houses is currently one of the top 4 games on TGA's player voting poll, and as of now is almost tied with Jedi: Fallen Order for first place.

I'm debating whether to vote for Smash or TH though I might just go for TH.
The way I see it, Three Houses is only up for one other award while Smash is up for several. So Three Houses it is. :p

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
https://thegameawards.com/brackets/players-voice?round=3

So Three Houses is currently one of the top 4 games on TGA's player voting poll, and as of now is almost tied with Jedi: Fallen Order for first place.

I'm debating whether to vote for Smash or TH though I might just go for TH.
As of now, Three Houses is winning by 41% of the votes. I bet the people who decided the GOTY nominees feel awkward right about now.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If 3H really manages to get the Player's Choice Awards (which is basically a second GOTY fully fan voted) with that much advantage I really want to see the faces of people who say that "any TP character would be more hype inducing than Edelgard/a 3H rep".

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
In addition to the voting stuff, good news! Nintendo just put the full version of Edge of Dawn up on iTunes. What good timing. :p

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
It's official: Three Houses won the TGA player's vote (even beating Smash)!

th.PNG

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
There's a timeline where Fire Emblem could've been on GOTY and potentially won
Turns out we needed to side with Geoff and do the Mountain Dew route to get that ending. :/

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
With FE:3H winning the VGAs Fan Poll, any chance it'll mean Nintendo will do something with Edelgard or any of the 3H lords down the line in Smash? From what I've seen, it's popularity is on par with, if not greatly surpassing, the popularity of Awakening, and it got 3 fighters. As much as people decry having too much FE, 3H honestly deserves it, so I'd be happy to see Edelgard show up!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
With FE:3H winning the VGAs Fan Poll, any chance it'll mean Nintendo will do something with Edelgard or any of the 3H lords down the line in Smash? From what I've seen, it's popularity is on par with, if not greatly surpassing, the popularity of Awakening, and it got 3 fighters. As much as people decry having too much FE, 3H honestly deserves it, so I'd be happy to see Edelgard show up!
Awakening got three fighters, but it's worth keeping in mind that two of them are clones, with one of those clones (Lucina) being identical in (as far as I can tell, though I'm a casual player) every way to the character that she's based on aside from the lack of a sweet spot.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Edelgard gets in,

we'll finally put to rest the "best house" debate. :happysheep:

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Game awards sucked big time, but i'm super happy that Three Houses won two awards despite getting snubbed hard. So glad to see this game continue to get great praise.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
three houses won more awards then smash didnt it

Troykv

Smash Master
What a strange experience it was going into this Awards...

I think I was too mentally prepared for dissapointed because I don't feel nothing bad despite the lack of Smash.

I wonder if they decided to cut it from the plan because it was leaked.

Last edited:
Top Bottom